NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Eggs in one basket transfer approach this. Have we no other scouting reports after a year of looking for players?

Incredible people actually think the club rings up journos to tell them who they want......

6 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Eggs in one basket transfer approach this. Have we no other scouting reports after a year of looking for players?

Have you no immediate evidence of the club literally never doing this since the takeover 

Our window has been shite so far, like. Starting the season having only added an understudy striker and a CB on a free (plus however many backup goalkeepers that we never hope to see play). 

Chuffed with Hall, but that doesn't strengthen our team from last season. 

I'm happy to entertain the whole 'You can't judge until the window is over', but you can't deny the season starting is a significant point to have not signed anyone that improves the first 11. 

Hoping it improves. 

4 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Our window has been shite so far, like. Starting the season having only added an understudy striker and a CB on a free (plus however many backup goalkeepers that we never hope to see play). 

Chuffed with Hall, but that doesn't strengthen our team from last season. 

I'm happy to entertain the whole 'You can't judge until the window is over', but you can't deny the season starting is a significant point to have not signed anyone that improves the first 11. 

Hoping it improves. 

Especially on the back of no movement in January. I thought we were holding back with a view to strengthening this summer. Instead we've arguably regressed through the sale of Anderson and Minteh, and a couple of players who previously served us quite well - Trips and Wilson - are getting slower and more injury prone.

1 minute ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Especially on the back of no movement in January. I thought we were holding back with a view to strengthening this summer. Instead we've arguably regressed through the sale of Anderson and Minteh, and a couple of players who previously served us quite well - Trips and Wilson - are getting slower and more injury prone.

It is frustrating definitely. I was having a whinge about this last week and got moaned at by others. Thought we would be further along than this. Hope there are a few surprises coming but it's been shite up until now.

Not to be all 'we tried' but that's definitely applicable this time so far. Having serious money on the table for Olise and Guehi is very different to the Bowyer/Anita summers I've seen this compared to so far. 

I'm still confident we'll bring in 2 signings with one of them being significant. 

3 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

It’s almost as if there are rules making this more difficult.

8 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The owners of the breakaway six will certainly be delighted  :angry:

7th seems about right for next season based on our squad against the competition (Chelsea, Man U, Villa, Spurs, possibly a weaker Pool, and possibly a stronger West Ham)

9 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

kind of two different things.  Has it been shite?  Yes pretty much.  Why has it been shite?  Open to debate where ffp is probably the biggest factor. 

Just now, gbandit said:

What a strange statement unless you know stuff that’s going on behind ten scenes 

If I knew what was going on behind the scenes then I wouldn’t be saying it as an opinion.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

I don’t think Mitchell will be here as long as Ashworth was.

I get the impression the opposite will be true. Especially given that Mitchell is more focused on building from the academy up. Ashworth has never stayed anywhere for any length of time

6 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

If I knew what was going on behind the scenes then I wouldn’t be saying it as an opinion.

Well in that case it’s a strange opinion given we have basically zero information to base that off and the window hasn’t even closed nor the season begun

8 minutes ago, Rocker said:

What makes you think that?

I think the lack of autonomy around the first team playing staff will see him look to move on within the next few windows.

I also think if this window doesn’t work out then he will take the blame for it off fans, which I don’t think he will want to accept due to that lack of autonomy.

10 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I think the lack of autonomy around the first team playing staff will see him look to move on within the next few windows.

I also think if this window doesn’t work out then he will take the blame for it off fans, which I don’t think he will want to accept due to that lack of autonomy.

I understand how easy it is to start running with a train of thought, especially a negative one in light of the window being a damp squib so far. But, let the window close first and then see how the squad looks like for this year. 

I feel for Mitchell and Eddie like they'll have there targets but will look on here and see everyone we are linked with been called shit not good enough average at best. 😂 

11 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

And where are you getting the idea that there is a lack of autonomy beyond that normally experienced coming from exactly? The bloke has been here a matter of fucking weeks man, I’d strongly wager he has little to no involvement in player identification this window. By all accounts he'll still be doing his initial audit if every interview or article I’ve seen regarding him is correct.

if there are ructions between Howe and Mitchell, of which there is currently no evidence for (I'd argue Eddies interview last month was aimed more at Bunce than Mitchell), I wouldn’t be surprised if it were Howe that lost out in that battle, rightly or wrongly. Given that this would be the second DOF he's had a poor working relationship with. What with those owning the club having a preference for this model like most clubs these days.

There are a lot of people jumping to conclusions based on nothing but their own feelings. 

I have to wonder if we played Villa or Chelsea to start the season, someone we're theoretically competing for 3rd/4th with, would be have felt more urgency to act quickly? But starting with Southampton should theoretically give us a bit more time with which to work, perhaps that's gone into the mindset of the decision-makers.