NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Of the Barca lot the only one I would really want is Victor Roque. Otherwise I think the wages will be too high and I'd question their motivation as they might perceive joining us as a step down. But Roque is still young and I'd love to see how he'd do under the wing of our boys from Brazil with Howe and Co's coaching.

Off to Sporting apparently 

I remember reading an article about Mitchell when he first came in. One of the main things in it where how he would spend the clubs money on transfers as if it were his own. Wonder if we are seeing an example of that now. 

21 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I remember reading an article about Mitchell when he first came in. One of the main things in it where how he would spend the clubs money on transfers as if it were his own. Wonder if we are seeing an example of that now. 

It's a trait we need, though I'm not sure our lack of transfer business says that one way or another. No news on Isak / Gordon could be an indicator (though it's entirely possible one or both are already done).

43 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Of the Barca lot the only one I would really want is Victor Roque. Otherwise I think the wages will be too high and I'd question their motivation as they might perceive joining us as a step down. But Roque is still young and I'd love to see how he'd do under the wing of our boys from Brazil with Howe and Co's coaching.

The gospel that is Capology has Ferran Torres on about £165k a week before bonus which is likely the top end of what we're paying the likes of Bruno. I think he'd be a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Madueke just feels like a deadline day loan deal for Fulham or Palace to me. 

Think we might see alot of deadline day outgoings at Chelsea. They'll end up taking whatever they can get at that point. 

I think the club does need to do something positive in this window though. It will have been a poor one if nothing else comes in and it would help generate some excitement and momentum. I can’t see top four without a couple signings either as I’ve said before. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

7 minutes ago, Pearljam10 said:

Not a England international but signed Joelinton for a club-record £40m 

Tbf we broke our transfer record twice under Ashley not that that’s saying much