NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'd love us to go after Tapsoba, but the fact we've chosen to make it public makes me think we're trying to pressure Palace.

I’ll be shocked if he’d leave a title winning side, with a Champions League campaign ahead, to join us. Would have to be life-changing financially I suspect. As EPL evidently isn’t enough of a draw as there have apparently already been failed attempts to lure him.

14 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

What is the point of Downie's job, he's just constantly copying other people's news.

In fairness he’s a tv presenter. He’s not a journalist he’s a tv guy report the news he’s not a twitter guy that breaks the news. It’s a battle of the mediums. Sky sports news is becoming outdated with Twitter etc 

11 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

But Keith said it would be cheaper than Guehi..

Maybe it's cheaper than the up front money being demanded for Guehi? If it's £50m up front, with staggered payments for the rest, it might make more sense to us from a PSR POV? 

10 minutes ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Tbh that is believable but I don't know if we'd have bothered entering talks if that was the case.

My thoughts exactly. It’s no Football Manager. Unless we’re completely clueless, you don’t open discussions with a club unless there’s been indications from the club/agent that there’s a chance of a deal.

When it comes to transfer bullshit on Twatter, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know.

We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.

But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know.

And if one looks throughout the recent history of our club, it is the latter category that don’t get kyboshed by having their own thread created way too early. 

Edited by bobbydazzla