NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 hours ago, Jack27 said:

a rumour 

Argentinian, 22, CDM

“Newcastle have plans for Santiago Hezze and could make an offer to Olympiakos in this transfer market.
He went to the Olympic Games and is in the orbit of the National Team.”

Liking the description in this tweet.

4 hours ago, Jack27 said:

a rumour 

Argentinian, 22, CDM

“Newcastle have plans for Santiago Hezze and could make an offer to Olympiakos in this transfer market.

I like how he's in orbit currently.

Id take him all day on loan if Chelsea took the majority of his wages. Crazy to turn him down while we are looking at the likes of Almiron starting out wide again this season. He can play across the whole front 3.

5 minutes ago, Decky said:

Id take him all day on loan if Chelsea took the majority of his wages. Crazy to turn him down while we are looking at the likes of Almiron starting out wide again this season. He can play across the whole front 3.

Same - and I’d chuck him on our right wing

6 minutes ago, Decky said:

Totally

15 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

No thanks.

If it's a case of him or Almiron/Murphy, i'd take Sterling all day long.
Eddie has said a number of times that he doesn't like loans though, and we'll never sign him permanently so if it happens it'll be a big move away from our blueprint

37 minutes ago, Decky said:

Aye loan, no fee and we cover 33% of his wages and it would be canny. Surely no sane club is giving them money for a bloke they have effectively sacked and is on £300k a week.

Incidentally, wasnt part of the Bosman ruling that if you had x amount on your contract and werent allowed to play you could cancel it or did that rule never come to pass?

8 hours ago, Jack27 said:

a rumour 

Argentinian, 22, CDM

No one reports like Gaston,

Knows their sports like Gaston,

No one shares their thoughts as incredibly well as Gaston.

Eddie could definitely get Sterling back to the player he was a couple of years ago, the fact he is so miffed off at being dropped at Chelsea and wanting to leave to play regular football shows he still has the desire. It would have been easy for him to just sit on his 300k a week contract at Chelsea and not play if he had no desire to continue playing football.

13 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Eddie could definitely get Sterling back to the player he was a couple of years ago,

Eddie is class. I love Eddie Howe but does amuse me how that blanket statement gets used for every out of form or poorer player. I won’t work every time. ASM for example. Could argue he got poorer under Howe towards the end. Ryan Fraser too

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

Eddie is class. I love Eddie Howe but does amuse me how that blanket statement gets used for every out of form or poorer player. I won’t work every time. ASM for example. Could argue he got poorer under Howe towards the end. Ryan Fraser too

ASM never really got worse under Howe , he just wasn't good enough to be a regular in a team that finished 4th playing with the intensity and pressing that we did that season.

1 hour ago, Decky said:

Same here but I don't think Chelsea would loan him to a direct rival.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Might not have a choice at this rate. They're drowning in players they can't get rid of that will become both a morale and PSR headache.

There is that, but I think if they are prepared to subsidise his wages, there'll be a few takers.