NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

11 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

ASM never really got worse under Howe , he just wasn't good enough to be a regular in a team that finished 4th playing with the intensity and pressing that we did that season.

ASM didn't get worse due to Howe, but his injuries caught up with him.

He looked like he lost that explosive speed that he had during the Bruce era, due to the constant hamstring strains etc. Rarely did he seem physically at his best under Howe. 

But on the rare occasions that he did he was still one of our best players. That Man City 3:3 home game comes to mind. Best side in the league just couldn't handle him. Injuries just took away his explosiveness. Without it he was just abit frustrating and was right to move him on in the end.

Edited by alexf

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Nah of course, assumption would be that Dubs and one other would have to go out. 

I reckon we're stuck with Dubs (originally wanted Trafford to replace but couldn't shift him) and never wanted Vlachodimos. Ruddy was brought in as a slightly better Gillespie, but ultimately another version of him (someone who's going to train but never play)

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I reckon we're stuck with Dubs (originally wanted Trafford to replace but couldn't shift him) and never wanted Vlachodimos. Ruddy was brought in as a slightly better Gillespie, but ultimately another version of him (someone who's going to train but never play)

Yeah I agree, always thought it was unlikely we would upgrade on Dub. Even though I want him gone. 

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

The more I think about the more I think it's a shame we didn't get Trafford in. A year or two working alongside both Pope and Ruddy would have surely been positive for his development.

We would have got him in but once we had to take the Forest keeper as part of the Anderson deal that put it on the backburner.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Nearly a million followers so maybe legit. I wouldn’t be against another CM personally. We lack depth in quality imo.

I really want a legit option to play in the 6 position, behind Bruno. Probably one that is a bit more defensive minded too.

It looks like that's what this guy is, as this was posted earlier today. Won't be a big fee either. Probably similar to the Osula deal, if that much.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Nearly a million followers so maybe legit. I wouldn’t be against another CM personally. We lack depth in quality imo.

Not sure what the reason is, but the midfield looked disjointed last week even with 11 men, and it was a similar story for large parts of last season as well. I'd like to think it's because Tonali was missing, but truthfully we had the same problems when he was playing.

Edited by TRon

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I really want a legit option to play in the 6 position, behind Bruno. Probably one that is a bit more defensive minded too.

It looks like that's what this guy is, as this was posted earlier today. Won't be a big fee either. Probably similar to the Osula deal, if that much.

Low cost low risk, what’s not to like. 

1 minute ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Does anyone ever buy a decent backup keeper?

Its seems more like they get a young keeper who comes good or they buy a first choice and the previous number 1 drops down

Man City is pretty much the only one I can think of, maybe Liverpool as well. But I don't know how they came to be at the clubs. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Man City is pretty much the only one I can think of, maybe Liverpool as well. But I don't know how they came to be at the clubs. 

Bought from a relegated and relatively small Bundesliga club and youth product respectively. 

25 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not sure we need another midfielder 

It’s not always about what we currently need most, this management seize the opportunity for the right player at the right time they are available. Obviously we have a list of priorities in terms of positions to strengthen but you can’t work your way from top to bottom on the list all the time, if this player is rated by us and is available on the right deal it absolutely makes sense to move for him.

Its as important to think mid-long term as it is to think in the right here right now.

Edited by Nine

The "could" doing a helluva lot of heavy lifting there [emoji38]

Edit to add: It literally is just basing it off the spanish-language tweet that was posted two pages back.

Edited by Emotic