NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

18 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I really want a legit option to play in the 6 position, behind Bruno. Probably one that is a bit more defensive minded too.

It looks like that's what this guy is, as this was posted earlier today. Won't be a big fee either. Probably similar to the Osula deal, if that much.

Totally agree with this - there was talk of a “project player” - we simply don’t have a natural 6 in the squad, so fills that void - build him up over time - a nice alternative 

Ideal world we move on Longstaff and get a CM with a bit of versatility in.

Longstaff is basically just gonna be Tonali's backup you'd imagine, someone who can play a couple of spots would be more useful. Even a DM, with Bruno occasionally being used further forward.

Doubt it'll happen though.

13 minutes ago, Shak said:

Longstaff is basically just gonna be Tonali's backup you'd imagine, someone who can play a couple of spots would be more useful. Even a DM, with Bruno occasionally being used further forward.

I actually genuinely love Longie but think the major issue with him is he’s usually only his best with Bruno and when he’s playing in his 8 role. He’s quite poor as the 6 under Howe. We are better off with getting a backup 6 and using Miley to play backup. 

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

IMG_6698.thumb.jpeg.ac15b2e3f1f40ab256e1e7074b21009c.jpeg

Without looking it up that must be over £25m in wages, not counting Schar who should be extended. It’s an incredible reset opportunity.

I’d be in no rush to extend anyone else unless we know we can get a fee for them.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Without looking it up that must be over £25m in wages, not counting Schar who should be extended. It’s an incredible reset opportunity.

I’d be in no rush to extend anyone else unless we know we can get a fee for them.

I’d be extending Burn, if only for a year.

23 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think this is going to be the maddest window for a while. Not completely sure why, maybe the PSR (and Chelsea). 

I think everyone is being far more stringent, and waiting as long as possible ble to get the best deal. This last week could be mental.

27 minutes ago, Shak said:

Sounds like the guy we were linked with this morning.

1 minute ago, andycap said:

Here's an idea, use Oddy as number 2 cannot be worse than dubs. 

Dubs should be loaned out if we can't sell him. 

Some of the Forest fans said after they signed him and saw him play that he is one of their worst signings ever. So I wouldn't be so sure about this :)

4 hours ago, andycap said:

Here's an idea, use Oddy as number 2 cannot be worse than dubs. 

Dubs should be loaned out if we can't sell him. 

Didn't get to see enough of how Oddy handled crosses into the box, set pieces, or shots at him from distance, during the pre season.

However, I thought he looked very confident kicking, or receiving the ball with his feet. Also noticed he did a good job of sweeping and looked more competent at it than Dubravka who stays stuck to the goal line.

I was hoping he'd have shown enough in training, in other areas, to be number 2 ahead of Dubravka, but not sure that's been the case.

Edited by KaKa