NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, gdm said:

Eddie is class. I love Eddie Howe but does amuse me how that blanket statement gets used for every out of form or poorer player. I won’t work every time. ASM for example. Could argue he got poorer under Howe towards the end. Ryan Fraser too

Aye, but Sterling’s a really good player already [emoji38]

24 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Aye, but Sterling’s a really good player already [emoji38]

he’s been on the decline. Had a poor season for his standard and I was making a broader point about the amount of times people think Howe can turn water in to wine in a footballing sense. Not Sterling specific. 

oh I almost forgot…. :lol:

Edited by gdm

41 minutes ago, andycap said:

He was benficas number one fir years though playing champions leagues and hailed by the Portuguese press. 

Could he just be off form when he went to forest? 

Hailed by the Portuguese press? What?

Benfica fans signed up to that forest forum saying he's a calamity when he signed

Edited by Menace

1 minute ago, Menace said:

Hailed by the Portuguese press? What?

Benfica fans signed up to that forest forum saying he's a calamity when he signed

They could be the Benfica version of Adam P & burnsey for all we know 

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He was literally one of if not the worst goalkeeper they’ve had in Benfica’s history :lol: . I try not to entertain hyperbole but I can’t stress highly enough how bad a player the guy is.

And that's a long history. I'm 57, probably missed about 40 home games in the past 45yrs and I'd struggle to judge before McFaul, even then I probably couldnt really judge before Pav and Shaka.

Edited by madras

7 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He was literally one of if not the worst goalkeeper they’ve had in Benfica’s history :lol: . I try not to entertain hyperbole but I can’t stress highly enough how bad a player the guy is.

My Greek friend sending me laughing emojis basically summed him up - imagine not being able to replace Dubravka in your peak.

Grim signing

31 minutes ago, McCormick said:

On 20/08/2024 at 16:10, McCormick said:

I’ve said this before but he’s legitimately not even as good as Gillespie, let alone Dubravka. He’s a really awful keeper.

We never wanted Vlachodimos and I expect he’ll never be part of our plans. He’ll be loaned out in the hope we can claw back some money for him, and I’m sure he was aware of this plan when he signed. With the financial rules in place we’ll have to get used to players coming and going for non-football reasons.

27 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

We never wanted Vlachodimos and I expect he’ll never be part of our plans. He’ll be loaned out in the hope we can claw back some money for him, and I’m sure he was aware of this plan when he signed. With the financial rules in place we’ll have to get used to players coming and going for non-football reasons.

Did notice they never had an interview with him on the website. They even had one for Ruddy. Eddie knows what he is and Ody knows what he is. 

29 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

100%!

Anderson was never worth £35m and he wasn't worth the reported £20m - it basically helped us both out massively for PSR bollocks similar to many 'swap' deals that several teams conjured up!

1 hour ago, gdm said:

he’s been on the decline. Had a poor season for his standard and I was making a broader point about the amount of times people think Howe can turn water in to wine in a footballing sense. Not Sterling specific. 

oh I almost forgot…. :lol:

Is he on a quota like?