NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Doesn’t take a genius to work out we would struggle to afford a RW if we pay big money for Guehi.

Well yeah but downie is said we are working on a loan with obligation 

someone else said we’d have £20-£30m left after Guehi 

I had given up on the idea of a top RW coming in, however given the two worst ran clubs in the world, Barca and Chelsea, both could do with offloading RWs there is an opportunity. Some clubs are going to rinse them, why not Newcastle

4 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Not saying he will, but Eddie will have no right to bemoan the lack of RW this window if he insisted on spending 90% of our budget on a CB. 

Are we going to sign 2 top players if we went £35m on each?

3 hours ago, McCormick said:

He was literally one of if not the worst goalkeeper they’ve had in Benfica’s history :lol: . I try not to entertain hyperbole but I can’t stress highly enough how bad a player the guy is.

A little bit of me is quite excited to actually see him play.

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

This place may be worse than the lowest point from last season if we don't sign a RW (likely) and drop points against Bournemouth/Spurs and/or go out of the cup.

We should celebrate it then?

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Are we going to sign 2 top players if we went £35m on each?

All I know is we identified (by all accounts) 2 positions to strengthen CH & RW and sold a very highly rated RW prospect (I know know we had to sell but it’s relevant) only getting one of those positions filled going by the clubs own target they have failed. I’m assuming it’s down to a) Guehi costing too much & b) unable to move players on 

Edited by gdm

41 minutes ago, andycap said:

A Gnonto bid from Everton was knocked back for around 30 million I think. About three weeks ago. 

Leeds have raked in some decent money this summer for Rutter and Gray.

Perhaps they allow us an initial loan for Gnonto.

They've loaned Harrison to Everton two years in a row now.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

gutted if we don’t get a winger 

Mohamed Simakan is really good at right back as well as centre back, which could be very handy with Trippier leaving.

Can't lie, if the Guehi deal doesn't come together, we'd end up with an excellent player if it's Simakan or Tapsoba.