NUFC Transfer Rumours

20 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Calling us not moving a massive failure is a bit over the top. The nice thing about PSR, if there are any nice things, is that any cash we might have used this window, can be deployed in January or the summer all the same. It's not a use it or lose it proposition.

I don't hate the idea of seeing how the squad operates until January and bringing someone in then if needed. Regardless, whatever is not expended will be extra ammo in our war chest next summer.

We don't usually don't do much in january except from that first window where we had to. It's not good for PSR due to inflated prices. 1 signing may be possible, but I wouldn't expect any more.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, Erikse said:

We don't usually don't do much in january, and for good reason. It's not good for PSR due to inflated prices.

We're currently mulling over 70m for Marc Guehi, so I'm not sure that's a sound reason not to be looking to do business in Jan tbf

Just now, Upthemags said:

We're currently mulling over 70m for Marc Guehi, so I'm not sure that's a sound reason not to be looking to do business in Jan tbf

Because 70 million is the limit ? (Added with Hall and Osuala it’s over 100 million spend).

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

If we'd sold Trippier we would have needed another right back, Howe will want him to stay (he's still our best fullback) and he'll likely play most games when fit if he does. 

His head was obviously in bits when he was just handing goals to the opposition every game. 

Trippier's started 1 match since 2nd March. He's also going to turn 34 this season and is one of our highest earners, plus we'll not get more than the alleged £12m Bayern were offering in January now. He also may well have asked to leave this window.

He is important to how we play (a downside of the system but that's another matter) but that's testament to our ineffective our main RW options are, and why they need upgrading. As without Trippier, that right side is poor offensively. I personally would have sold Trippier in January and got to the end of season (we arguably did anyway, given his lack of starts since early March), kept Tino and Krafth as RBs and go for a RW who can actually get a good level of goal involvements in tandem with what a club who 'expects to be in Europe' should probably have on that side.

7 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If we'd sold Trippier we would have needed another right back, Howe will want him to stay (he's still our best fullback) and he'll likely play most games when fit if he does. 

His head was obviously in bits when he was just handing goals to the opposition every game. 

I honestly thought it was normal to bench players for a little while when their heads are in bits. There are lots of examples of that. Don't think playing those games and messing everything up made him feel any better either. We had Livra on the bench.

Edited by Erikse

51 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

You can criticise the club all you want dont let people say you cant just cos of history. All that matters is the here and now. We have stagnated past 12-18 months transfer wise. Thats a fact. The reasons behind that is a multitude of factors including PSR, not being able to offload players etc. The most glaring criticism of the club should be the fact that business wasnt done earlier in the window, bench players dont count. We needed a starting CB & RW. Reading between the lines of what Shearer said i think hes worried that the club are just happy to plug along without enough investment that puts us to the next level. At the end of the day we are a glorified advert for the Saudis sports vision, winning something doesnt change that so do they really care?

I think they do care, but there's not a lot they can do about it since we will most likely get hammered if we invest more than allowed by PSR. Money isn't an object to them, why would they prefer to make small profits rather than huge ones by winning stuff via massive investment?

29 minutes ago, Erikse said:

We don't usually don't do much in january except from that first window where we had to. It's not good for PSR due to inflated prices. 1 signing may be possible, but I wouldn't expect any more.

And the one after where we signed one of our best players. 

13 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

If it exists it’s 30% of 30%, so about 3.5m. Money is money but it won’t change the overall picture 

13 minutes ago, nufc4eva said:

I think it's 40% of whatever Peterborough get so they may get say 10% and we will get a few million from it ?

I read it as 30% of the profit sell on figure.

So £50m minus £6m = £44m… 30% = £13.2m surely…

6 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

And the one after where we signed one of our best players. 

Yes. Which would not have happened that window had he not started ditching training and such. They wanted £60m. Also, we spent less than £50m that window. As I said, we might get 1 signing, but I wouldn't expect us to spent all the money that we could have spent this summer. Value for the money will get better in the summer.

Edited by Erikse

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

How could we take a % of what Brentford get though? Surely we have nothing in place with them?

I find it hard to believe if we don't sign anyone this week that anyone can think this transfer window has been a success - if anything we are weaker.  Yes Tonali is coming back but he's not played for a year so it's going to take time for him to get match fit again.

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It’s 30% of what Peterborough get, not what Brentford get. Brentford have said it’s nothing to do with them 

And some sources claim it doesn’t exist 

Edited by WilliamPS

7 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Yes. Which would not have happened that window had he not started ditching training and such. They wanted £60m. Also, we spent less than £50m that window. As I said, we might get 1 signing, but I wouldn't expect us to spent all the money that we could have spent this summer. Value for the money will get better in the summer.

Sure, but your point was that we don't do business in January. There has been 1/3 january windows in which we did no business. 

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Sure, but your point was that we don't do business in January. There has been 1/3 january windows in which we did no business. 

"Don't usually do much" was my words. The first one was forced.

Edited by Erikse

13 minutes ago, LFEE said:

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

How could we take a % of what Brentford get though? Surely we have nothing in place with them?

It's what @SteV is suggesting. It'll be 30% to Peterborough (either £15m or £13.2m depending on whether its a percentage of the fee or just the profit) then we'll get a share of that. It'll be £4.5m at the most.

7 minutes ago, duo said:

I find it hard to believe if we don't sign anyone this week that anyone can think this transfer window has been a success - if anything we are weaker.  Yes Tonali is coming back but he's not played for a year so it's going to take time for him to get match fit again.

Careful @duo the “Don’t worry, be happy and grateful” will be coming pitchforks in hand for you.

28 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Eddie confirms what many here have guessed - our targets are Eddie's. If not in full, at the very least in part.

(Don't want to work anyone up into a tizzy with this. But it is apropos of what we've talked about.)

It's not new news though. We know he's involved in the selection of players we buy. As he's said before, it's a collaborative effort.

Not sure anyone has said it'll be a success even if we do sign Guehi, that'll make it middling at best, but watching us be held back by a set of crooked rules is so frustrating. It's scandalous, and it's not even being hidden anymore, it's blatant anti competition cheating right in front of everyone eyes, to protect the self entitled so called elite.