NUFC Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The most incredible thing about the last few days is there is literally no news. 

Tapsoba and then maybe back in for Trafford. Has anyone else even been mentioned?

No. Absolutely no one else at all.

Just Tapsoba and Trafford the whole window.

1 hour ago, christ said:

I don’t know whether the funniest thing would be not to sign anyone and prolong the meltdown, or to and get a centre back and right winger thereby rendering the crying of the last few weeks completely pointless.

The former, but us subsequently playing well.

I’m pretty sure Howe will be content with Burn, Kelly, Schar and Krafth as his center backs this season or at least until January when Botman will return. Also he’ll be happy with Miggy / Murphy as his RW options again. It’s a massive risk though and one which could cost him his job come the end of the season. Time will tell. I for one cannot wait until the window closes.

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

I’m pretty sure Howe will be content with Burn, Kelly, Schar and Krafth as his center backs this season or at least until January when Botman will return. Also he’ll be happy with Miggy / Murphy as his RW options again. It’s a massive risk though and one which could cost him his job come the end of the season. Time will tell. I for one cannot wait until the window closes.

You think Howe isn’t fussed about strengthening those areas?

11 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

I don't think many teams in the PL would be content with those as their CBs tbh, so I doubt Howe will be.

Whilst we need more bodies at the back, the balance in midfield is my biggest concern.

Maybe Tonali will sort that.. hard to tell. He’ll certainly add the pace that we’ve been lacking there defensively.

Like previously mentioned, we can score goals.. it’s how we’re providing them to the forwards that needs to improve.

Midfield is key to controlling games, thus keeping the pressure off the defence while also providing different ways to unlock teams.

In my humblest.. both Longstaff and Joelinton need to be removed from those positions alongside Bruno. Big Joe is too good to keep out though.. he needs to be found more of a free role a little bit wider and more forward. He does his best work there.

The formation needs a shake up. 

Willock and Tonali are the obvious replacements and they can play either side but we should be looking at cover there.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

No, in fairness the window has been dead overall. Madueke whispers, Giorgi chat early, Thiaw seemingly close and that’s about it 

It’s like the opposite of the Jan 2022 window where literally every day there was a new link

8 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Whilst we need more bodies at the back, the balance in midfield is my biggest concern.

Maybe Tonali will sort that.. hard to tell. He’ll certainly add the pace that we’ve been lacking there defensively.

Like previously mentioned, we can score goals.. it’s how we’re providing them to the forwards that needs to improve.

Midfield is key to controlling games, thus keeping the pressure off the defence while also providing different ways to unlock teams.

In my humblest.. both Longstaff and Joelinton need to be removed from those positions alongside Bruno. Big Joe is too good to keep out though.. he needs to be found more of a free role a little bit wider and more forward. He does his best work there.

The formation needs a shake up. 

Willock and Tonali are the obvious replacements and they can play either side but we should be looking at cover there.

I promise this isn't a don't worry about the transfer window post, but Tonali might end up being such an upgrade on Longstaff that it transforms the right side to the point that we don't even care we didn't get a new RW. It's what I'm clinging to at this point.

3 minutes ago, Lordshola said:

Barnes CAM lmao

He’s literally scored screamers from that position.

Joelinton is better out wide, he’s not disciplined enough for CM. Barnes and Gordon could swap around all game.

Who else is out of position?

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

He’s literally scored screamers from that position.

Joelinton is better out wide, he’s not disciplined enough for CM. Barnes and Gordon could swap around all game.

Who else is out of position?

I thought that was a piss take lineup [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Why? Explain why it wouldn’t work 

I don't even really understand where people are supposed to be playing.

Is Trippier meant to be playing right wing or full back?

Harvey Barnes is a winger, not a 10. You said he's scored goals from that position, he's literally never played that position in his entire career and scoring a few goals from a more central area does not mean he can play that role.

Bruno's scored a few headers from inside the box, does that mean he can play as a no.9?

12 minutes ago, Checko said:

Positions are for all you 1960's stans, still obessed with the WM formation, wingless diamonds and outside rights.

Cruyft changed all that shit in the 70s.

Now you're either a baller or you ain't

Not sure whether to ask you to pass the BBQ sauce, or to take it away :)