NUFC Transfer Rumours

I think it's unhelpful to try and work out what the dynamic is between Howe/Mitchell/Eales/Nickson. We've got no idea who does what, who is responsible for what, who has targeted players and who is responsible for closing the deals. But what we can say is that whatever the current arrangement is hasn't worked and there's a day left to fix it. To have serious money to invest and come out of the window with Kelly and Osula as upgrades is a shocking window and I struggle to see how anyone, inside or outside of the club, can spin it into a positive. There were huge, obvious gaps in the squad and the XI and they, as of right now, are still there. Whatever systems and responsibilities have been in place this summer to identify and sign players literally haven't worked. They've got a day left to fix it for the good of the club. They'll either do it or they won't

We have also spent £28 million of this years budget on Hall; a lot of people seem to be forgetting/ignoring this (not necessarily on here just seen a lot of comments everywhere which ignore Hall as a signing) I know he was here last year but he’s still accounted for in this years transfer budget

2 minutes ago, NWMag said:

We have also spent £28 million of this years budget on Hall; a lot of people seem to be forgetting/ignoring this (not necessarily on here just seen a lot of comments everywhere which ignore Hall as a signing) I know he was here last year but he’s still accounted for in this years transfer budget

As are about 15 other players, soon adds up

4 minutes ago, St1pe said:

In an alternative view imagine how much of a high it’ll feel if we somehow pull of a random deadline day deal like teams like Spurs have done over the years. [emoji38]

It would have to be some almighty signing to make up for what's happened so far. 

Just now, Mazzy said:

It would have to be some almighty signing to make up for what's happened so far. 

Nah! Imagine if it was an even remotely good RW upgrade on what we have. We’d all be loving life and convincing ourselves Schar and Burn will be fine til January with Botman coming back. Every Palace loss the Guehi thread would be bumped at how over priced he was. 

We’re all fickle as fuck and we know it. [emoji38]

How does this work out for Palace? Maybe they get another half season out him, possibly a full season?  No way they get the 70m now. 

Surely he is not going to sign an extension there. 

I'm wondering from some of the reporting if he felt ambivalent about coming to Newcastle because he is being told that a Liverpool or Arsenal will be able to come in for him during the next couple of windows.

1 minute ago, Shearer9 said:

How does this work out for Palace? Maybe they get another half season out him, possibly a full season?  No way they get the 70m now. 

I'm wondering from some of the reporting if he felt ambivalent about coming to Newcastle because he is being told that a Liverpool or Arsenal will be able to come in for him during the next couple of windows.

Guehi isnt the problem here.

Just now, Shearer9 said:

Signs a new deal after the window closes with a wage uplift and a release clause of 55/60m and a gentleman’s agreement to go next summer. 

For all we’ve talked about stagnating etc they were looking down the barrel of selling Olise, Anderson and Guehi in the same window. They might have bought replacements but that’s a lot of established quality to lose in one go. 

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Signs a new deal after the window closes with a wage uplift and a release clause of 55/60m and a gentleman’s agreement to go next summer. 

For all we’ve talked about stagnating etc they were looking down the barrel of selling Olise, Anderson and Guehi in the same window. They might have bought replacements but that’s a lot of established quality to lose in one go. 

They probably aren't bothered if he goes for 40 next year, spent 30 million and brought in 90 million this window.

Might mean more to them to keep him to stay in league and doesn't exactly seem itching to join us so could see him signing new deal.

We’ve seemingly put all our eggs in one basket, been tripped and now there’s yolks and albumen all over the shop. Lesson learned; the “no dickheads” rule should be extended to dealing with club owners too.

Edited by McCormick

Impossible to know what's happening behind closed doors and what the end game or mid-long term transfer plan is.

Only thing for certain is that we have had constant obstacles, doors slammed in our faces and pathways blocked at every turn, to prohibt bridging the big 10 year plus gap between us and the big 6. 

Whole PiF own us we are inevitable. It's just a longer game that most people have patience for!

Doesn't stop this window seeming like a disaster. I can cope with out a CB with Kelly coming in. No RW is a unfathomable though. 

We have significantly boosted the youth ranks again and deepened the squad slightly but we haven't significantly improved the starting line up. Feels like falling behind for sure.