NUFC Transfer Rumours

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

What does "no time to divert funds to RW" even mean? It's not like we have to do some kind of time consuming, inter-departmental budget transfer, the funds are literally there. If the issue is we don't have a list of RW targets ready, that's concerning as and of itself. 

It's reporter BS. If the club wanted to, then they would have but for some reason they opted not to. Maybe key targets weren't available and they don't want to settle with someone they'll be stuck with for 5 years.

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Surely he's a more useful person to bring on than Matt Ritchie, given that’s who he has effectively replaced in the squad. Likewise Kelly for Dummett

Richest clerb in the world have finally replaced Paul Dummett and Matt Richie after 3 years in power. Get the bunting out. 

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Happy with Kelly definitely (if he can stay fit). There is no way of knowing about Osula yet, no way we can say he has improved the squad yet.

So you go with Anderson, Ritchie & Dummett then?

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Then you’ll understand Fezzle’s point that the sales fell into last season’s accounts, so the net spend for 24/25 isn’t £zero …

I completely get that. 

But it's still correct that the summer 2024 transfer activity shows a net spend of around zero, albeit spread across two PSR periods. 

The key point is we seem to have at least £65m to spend. But for whatever reason(s) have chosen not to spend it. That not how successful progressive clubs operate. Hopefully it's an exception and not a sign of things to come. 

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

So you go with Anderson, Ritchie & Dummett then?

I’d say the squad is at best the same as last season. Our starting 11 so far this season has been weaker than the same stage last season.

How many times have you watch Osula play to know he has strengthened the squad ? 

While I'd be disappointed not sign anyone, I'm certainly not doubting the ambition if the owners. This would be the first time we haven't maxed out our limit.

Our inability to shift players isn't helping 

Edited by The Prophet

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

While I'd be disappointed not sign anyone, I'm certainly not doubting the ambition if the owners. This would be the first time we haven't maxed out our limit.

Our inability to shift players isn't helping 

Think we will have to wait for their contracts to expire to shift them tbh.

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

In combination with the players inability to play football well enough to hold any type of saleable, marketable value. 

If they could we maybe wouldn't want to shift them so much ?

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d say the squad is at best the same as last season. Our starting 11 so far this season has been weaker than the same stage last season.

How many times have you watch Osula play to know he has strengthened the squad ? 

The issue wasn't this stage last season, it was the mid and latter stages with injuries, Tonali suspended and Trips wobble.

We are currently in a far better position than the end of season. Livra and Hall are more developed, Tonali back, JL and Barnes back from injury and hopefully Trips back focussed. 

I can understand why we didn’t have a large pool of targets in the £50m+ range at RW or RCB that were realistic (wanted to come, affordable with wages, selling club open to selling) but why have we not got a ton of targets that focus on 19 - 22 year olds in those positions who aren’t fully developed and maybe aren’t at the top level yet but are good prospects who’d benefit from Howe’s coaching and still improve us, certainly at least at RW?

30 minutes ago, Andy said:

What does "no time to divert funds to RW" even mean? It's not like we have to do some kind of time consuming, inter-departmental budget transfer, the funds are literally there. If the issue is we don't have a list of RW targets ready, that's concerning as and of itself. 

3 working business days to transfer the funds from the Centreback savings account to the Rightwinger

saver. 

Realistically, probably the time it takes to get PIF to agree to changing our approach. 

Edited by Weezertron

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I can understand why we didn’t have a large pool of targets in the £50m+ range at RW or RCB that were realistic (wanted to come, affordable with wages, selling club open to selling) but why have we not got a ton of targets that focus on 19 - 22 year olds in those positions who aren’t fully developed and maybe aren’t at the top level yet but are good prospects who’d benefit from Howe’s coaching and still improve us, certainly at least at RW?

We did. But had to selll him

18 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Richest clerb in the world have finally replaced Paul Dummett and Matt Richie after 3 years in power. Get the bunting out. 

Nobody is saying get the bunting out, but I’m not pissing my pants either. And as has been said by most people with an even passing understanding of PSR since day one, we’re not the richest club in the World are we?  

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Do you really need to see more of him than what we did in pre-season to determine that he'll easily contribute more to the team than Matt Ritchie and Paul Dummett would have?

14 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

I’d genuinely let them all go apart from Burn and Schar.

I'd be a bit wary of having 2 of our 4 CB options 33/34. We're not Milan. 

1 minute ago, Menace said:

Why do people expect Osula to make much of an impact by the way? I'd be shocked if he gets more than 10 games this season tbh

Aye very telling he didn’t even get off the bench in the cup