NUFC Transfer Rumours

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

Not exactly enough windows to suggest an ironclad pattern though. And it was still something 25% for the immediate squad last summer, and one who was immediately loaned out back to Europe.

Happy to revisit after next couple of windows but think there’s been a shift, real lack of overseas links this summer, fingers burnt by Tonali perhaps, but agree Mitchell’s track record suggests he knows the European market so will be interesting to see.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Happy to revisit after next couple of windows but think there’s been a shift, real lack of overseas links this summer, fingers burnt by Tonali perhaps, but agree Mitchell’s track record suggests he knows the European market so will be interesting to see.

That's fair enough.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

@nufc123 above has already answered. But the club saying only a small pool of players to work from and then bidding for Elanga hours before the deadline is amateurish.

We bid for Elanga this morning as Forest were bringing in a player so we probably hoped that they’d be receptive to a sale to balance their books. We also knew that the minimum price after we tried to get him as part of the Anderson deal was a ball park figure sufficiently high enough to know we couldn’t reach along with getting Guehi. The Guehi pursuit started at £50m +£5m and reached £65m+£5m and never moved as wasn’t rejected until late last night as the price increased again to £75m. We withdrew our interest this morning hence the transfer meeting delaying the press conference. Focused turned to RW and a bid was put in for Elanga knowing we had funds to pursue a deal without insulting the club we are trying to buy off.

Don’t see a problem with any of it so far. Our player selection under EH has been spot on so far.

19 minutes ago, Jagten said:

Gonna take the other side of this. Nunes was not good at wolves and his numbers have always been rubbish.  

Wolves were not good and he's not a good fit at Man City.

I would sign him in a heart beat.He's quite similar in style to that Morgan Rogers at Villa.

Just now, KaKa said:

Wolves were not good and he's not a good fit at Man City.

I would sign him in a heart beat.He's quite similar in style to that Morgan Rogers at Villa.

I think he's like fine but he's a pretty expensive deal to do and I think the value is probably not good. 

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

We bid for Elanga this morning as Forest were bringing in a player so we probably hoped that they’d be receptive to a sale to balance their books. We also knew that the minimum price after we tried to get him as part of the Anderson deal was a ball park figure sufficiently high enough to know we couldn’t reach along with getting Guehi. The Guehi pursuit started at £50m +£5m and reached £65m+£5m and never moved as wasn’t rejected until late last night as the price increased again to £75m. We withdrew our interest this morning hence the transfer meeting delaying the press conference. Focused turned to RW and a bid was put in for Elanga knowing we had funds to pursue a deal without insulting the club we are trying to buy off.

Don’t see a problem with any of it so far. Our player selection under EH has been spot on so far.

If we are going to spend serious money its only going to be elite players or close to it, has been the approach in every interview with Howe. This is a sideway from that approach. It just look a silly statement now going desperate in the final hours.

Edited by nufc123

17 minutes ago, Collage said:

If Elanga is one of those "right players", why didn't we try to get it done earlier? He's not exactly an unknown mystery man in an obscure league.

See my last post. In short. the money was prioritised on a RCB. Now we’ve money available for a RW instead as the RCB we want isn’t affordable this window.

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The problem is the timing. We should have pivoted much earlier in the window rather than being left empty handed.

4 minutes ago, Jagten said:

I think he's like fine but he's a pretty expensive deal to do and I think the value is probably not good. 

We'll have to agree to disagree then.

There was some talk this past week that he was available on a loan with an option for £40 million.

Me personally, I would do that deal.

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

It's been a real shit summer, but I hope that most on here give them a chance to right everything. They at least deserve that after nearly 3 years of getting us back on our feet.

I think once the window closes everyone will be back to focusing on the matches, rather than checking transfers everyday, which goes some way to driving us all crazy!

16 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

It’s worth looking at the latest information is that we have 35 “ senior” professionals ironically that is said to be the same number as Newcastle

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-chelsea/startseite/verein/631/saison_id/2024

https://www.transfermarkt.com/newcastle-united/startseite/verein/762/saison_id/2024

In our 35 we have 10 under the age of 21 . I don’t think you have half that number under 21s

Fuck Chelsea man. Rotten fucking American franchise.

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

It's been a real shit summer, but I hope that most on here give them a chance to right everything. They at least deserve that after nearly 3 years of getting us back on our feet.

Absolutely.

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Honestly got no issues with any of them as bad as this summer has been. My only concern is that it negatively impacts on the pitch. If there are genuinely no issues between Howe and Mitchell then I think we will learn the lesson and be stronger for it.

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

If we are going to spend serious money its only going to be elite players or close to it, has been the approach in every interview with Howe. This is a sideway from that approach. It just look a silly statement now going desperate in the final hours.

None of our bigger signings have been elite players. EH has turned them into a bracket getting close to that. Elanga interest is absolutely no different to Gordon, Barnes, Botman, Bruno, Isak.

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Don't disagree here. Long season ahead and some good football will go a long way for all involved.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

None of our bigger signings have been elite players. EH has turned them into a bracket getting close to that. Elanga interest is absolutely no different to Gordon, Barnes, Botman, Bruno, Isak.

It’s definitely different from Isak, Bruno and Botman mind.

Dunno how anyone can say this window hasn't been mismanaged like. 

The thing is the money is there. We just waited on Guehi too long and now we're trying to panic buy Elanga on deadline day.

Should have set a deadline on Guehi giving us enough time to bring in other targets. Piss poor man, no two ways about it.

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Its very different. And it doesnt add up with all the talk from Howe.

Edited by nufc123

5 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Have to see things improve off the pitch by January IMO. On the pitch, different matter. Focus is all on backing team and hoping we have another memorable season, but they need to do some serious stuff off the pitch now because last 12 months has been shit like for a club that’s supposedly wanting to progress.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Honestly got no issues with any of them as bad as this summer has been. My only concern is that it negatively impacts on the pitch. If there are genuinely no issues between Howe and Mitchell then I think we will learn the lesson and be stronger for it.

I think my worry is with the numbers out of contract and surely they don't all get extended we already had alot of work to do by the summer already it's usually not good to change alot about your squad in one go and that's where we are headed. Have a bad season this year and say some only your stars also get poached we are to hoping some of these young lads signed can start to step up and then starting all over again. That might sound over dramatic but as much as signing players has future window impact so does standing still.