NUFC Transfer Rumours

3 hours ago, BottledDog said:

Right, now that that one's out of the way, any new links today on players coming in the next window?

I’m sure we will try for Guehi again. We may even get him this time, depending on Palace’s situation is in the Premier League. Even if we don’t, we will at least spend the entire month trying.

Quite a good presser from Eddie I thought.

Seems like we wanted to sign several players but when it fell through for multiple reasons, the best thing was to not spend in this psr environment we find ourselves in.

We’d rather not spend, then spend on not ideal players, which would only cause us headaches next transfer window.

For anyone worried about one of Isak, Bruno and Gordon leaving. Is that not now the only way forward? Sellng a top player every now and again for the benefit of the whole? I'd be gutted but would have understood selling Gordon if that meant we had invested across the first team. 

7 minutes ago, macphisto said:

For anyone worried about one of Isak, Bruno and Gordon leaving. Is that not now the only way forward? Sellng a top player every now and again for the benefit of the whole? I'd be gutted but would have understood selling Gordon if that meant we had invested across the first team. 

It didn’t have to be no, although as time passed the options narrow. Our commercial performance hasn’t been enough, far too much inaction and money left on the table. We literally need every penny but that message seemingly hasn’t been relayed. 

We seem to have a concept of the perfect forever player who we can keep for 10 years which is a bit silly, the only way to bridge the gap is to player trade did we even get another potential Minteh in who could help with the future psr issues?

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

It didn’t have to be no, although as time passed the options narrow. Our commercial performance hasn’t been enough, far too much inaction and money left on the table. We literally need every penny but that message seemingly hasn’t been relayed. 

We seem to have a concept of the perfect forever player who we can keep for 10 years which is a bit silly, the only way to bridge the gap is to player trade did we even get another potential Minteh in who could help with the future psr issues?

I don’t think Isak stays next season if we don’t have champions league and there’s question marks over the other two as well. 

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

I don’t think Isak stays next season if we don’t have champions league and there’s question marks over the other two as well. 

They can’t can they? Pissing away careers which are better than conference league challengers. We will be back to square one with a lot of money to burn. Let’s hope next time around we actually come up with some form of cohesive plan because it’s patently obvious we do not have one atm. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

They can’t can they? Pissing away careers which are better than conference league challengers. We will be back to square one with a lot of money to burn. Let’s hope next time around we actually come up with some form of cohesive plan because it’s patently obvious we do not have one atm. 

Yeah, agreed there’s a strong chance all three are gone next season and we have a complete reset. Doesn’t seem like the project that was sold to them initially. 

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah, agreed there’s a strong chance all three are gone next season and we have a complete reset. Doesn’t seem like the project that was sold to them initially. 

I think we’ve all been sold a goal a lofty one at that, since PSR has shown its teeth we have no strategy to pivot to. It’s obviously really soffit with a lot of moving plates and stakeholders line ultimately we need absolutely visionary executives to pull of what needs to be done. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

I think we’ve all been sold a goal a lofty one at that, since PSR has shown its teeth we have no strategy to pivot to. It’s obviously really soffit with a lot of moving plates and stakeholders line ultimately we need absolutely visionary executives to pull of what needs to be done. 

We need a new commercial level, which is the new ground. Fuck the St James’ sentimentality, time to build for the future.

Just now, Nucasol said:

We need a new commercial level, which is the new ground. Fuck the St James’ sentimentality, time to build for the future.

Agree but even this doesn’t have any form of consensus and it probably meets overall resistance if we can’t stay within 10 mins of our current location. 

7 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

Sorry what? You genuinely don’t think the management isn’t interested in competing? Another batshit take.

I didn’t say anything like that.

Press will be going after the club over the next few days, tp try and stir up tension. Got to remember though;

We are still suffering aftershocks from the Ashley-era, which will take time to shift. Can't under-estimate enough the damage that was done during those 14 years. And as a result, we have players that are not wanted, but on quite big contracts that are too much for championship level clubs to consider. That said, this window has been a failure and the Eales will have to explain.

Re The Hope piece - locked behind a firewall.

Edited by Big Geordie

6 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

It most certainly is a shambles that Dubravka is still our number 2 keeper, mind. Absolutely no excusing the failure to address that and I’ve no idea why some are trying to.

Not sure what scope we have if we can't peddle Dubravka, with the situation made more awkward by being cornered into signing Vlachodimos to avoid PSR penalties. 

Not saying it isn't a problem, I just think we can afford them some grace. 

17 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Press will be going after the club over the next few days, tp try and stir up tension. Got to remember though;

We are still suffering aftershocks from the Ashley-era, which will take time to shift. Can't under-estimate enough the damage that was done during those 14 years. And as a result, we have players that are not wanted, but on quite big contracts that are too much for championship level clubs to consider. That said, this window has been a failure and the Eales will have to explain.

Re The Hope piece - locked behind a firewall.

Yes the spectre of Ashley still hangs over us with all the deadwood floating around on long and expensive contracts. He really did fuck us in so many ways.

8 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just throwing a couple of the £30-40m players we were linked with out there. Elanga and Thiaw. Reckon these are top 4 level signings? So we spend £70-80m on these two, all it does is kicks the issue down the road until next season when we still need a top quality RW and CB, but we've £80m less to spend to get them and find ourselves in a worse predicament. 

I largely agree with this but there was HUGE scope to sign players who have the potential to be top quality RW and CB. 

If we can't spot potential, or are unwilling to take that risk then that's a significant proportion of our recruitment which has failed. 

8 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yes the spectre of Ashley still hangs over us with all the deadwood floating around on long and expensive contracts. He really did fuck us in so many ways.

As far as I can see we’ve only got two left now Fraser is gone - Hayden and Lewis. We can’t blame the Fat Cunt for this window’s mess. Tripps, Wilson, Almiron’s latest deals were signed under this ownership.

9 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Such a prick.

I had time for Hope under Ashley as he seemed to one of few journos prepared to call out the managers (especially Bruce) - but why is he trying to kick the club when it's down during its best years spell in 2 decades? PSR is a factor, yes the club failed to land first team improvements - but baiting for clicks through shit stirring is very low.