NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

One thing you absolutely cannot do with a player that favours a particular foot, is not have any full back support on the outside.

They often paired him with Wan Bissaka who did not overlap and isn't great in forward areas. Was very easy to just double up on Antony.

At Ajax his full back over lapped and the central midfielders on his side under lapped too, which opened up a lot more for him, and created space.

Ten Hag is so bad it's untrue.

It's true that it's hard to judge Anthony based on his time at Man Utd. Likewise it's also hard to judge whether he can perform in the Prem based on his time at Ajax. MLS is ofcourse not on the same level as Eredivisie, but Almiron looked like CR7 over there. I think he would look like a completely different player in Eredivisie aswell, if he went there. Besides, wouldn't Anthonys wage demand be pretty high? Man Utd often give players like him pretty high wages.

Edited by Erikse

10 minutes ago, Erikse said:

It's true that it's hard to judge Anthony based on his time at Man Utd. Likewise it's also hard to judge whether he can perform in the Prem based on his time at Ajax. MLS is ofcourse not on the same level as Eredivisie, but Almiron looked like CR7 over there. I think he would look like a completely different player in Eredivisie aswell if he went there. Besides, wouldn't Anthonys wage demand be pretty high? Man Utd often give players like him pretty high wages.

Currently on £200k p/w

44 minutes ago, Erikse said:

It's true that it's hard to judge Anthony based on his time at Man Utd. Likewise it's also hard to judge whether he can perform in the Prem based on his time at Ajax. MLS is ofcourse not on the same level as Eredivisie, but Almiron looked like CR7 over there. I think he would look like a completely different player in Eredivisie aswell, if he went there. Besides, wouldn't Anthonys wage demand be pretty high? Man Utd often give players like him pretty high wages.

I'm not by any means saying we should sign him. I just said if we did I wouldn't panic about it.

We were linked with him when he was at Ajax and so would imagine we'd have information based on his time there and what he did in the Champions League also.

Ajax setup afforded him a lot more space and passing options to allow him to dribble, score and create.

Miggy's biggest problem with us IMO, is that he isn't a right winger. He played behind the striker and on the left in the MLS. 

On the left he is far more confident using his pace to push the ball down the line on his strong side. We saw this under Rafa who used him on the left and Ayoze on the right.

On the right side Miggy doesn't really dribble at all, because he can't go down the line with his pace. There's no real trickery to his take on ability.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I'm not by any means saying we should sign him. I just said if we did I wouldn't panic about it.

We were linked with him when he was at Ajax and so would imagine we'd have information based on his time there and what he did in the Champions League also.

Ajax setup afforded him a lot more space and passing options to allow him to dribble, score and create.

Miggy's biggest problem with us IMO, is that he isn't a right winger. He played behind the striker and on the left in the MLS. 

On the left he is far more confident using his pace to push the ball down the line on his strong side. We saw this under Rafa who used him on the left and Ayoze on the right.

On the right side Miggy doesn't really dribble at all, because he can't go down the line with his pace. There's no real trickery to his take on ability.

Good points. Almiron still does it, but instead of putting a cross in he has to turn around and go back again.:lol:

There’s surely going to be a lot of desire to get some business done in January to try to make up for the shitshow this summer. Will be a very interesting window in January. The line “it’s a difficult window to buy in” isn’t going to cut it 

33 minutes ago, gbandit said:

There’s surely going to be a lot of desire to get some business done in January to try to make up for the shitshow this summer. Will be a very interesting window in January. The line “it’s a difficult window to buy in” isn’t going to cut it 

Unless he signs a new contract, I’m sure we’ll be back in for Guehi in January. 

Potentially be some competition by then, but if not, it’ll definitely be a test of Parish’s ego. Refuse to accept much less than what you wanted in the summer, or hold out and probably get substantially less next summer?

Obviously Palace’s league position (good or bad) could influence things as well like.

We won't be as desperate for Guehi in January with Botman (and Lascelles) coming back then. Obviously we will still need the long term Schär replacement that Guehi would have been, but we should be able to wait until the summer if they are trying to take the piss. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

They should be doing ground work now, line up a couple young squad players, knowing we've done something and take the pressure off. 

Every day that goes by in Jan the pressure increases, as does our desperation and the asking price of our targets.

33 minutes ago, Nobody said:

We won't be as desperate for Guehi in January with Botman (and Lascelles) coming back then. Obviously we will still need the long term Schär replacement that Guehi would have been, but we should be able to wait until the summer if they are trying to take the piss. 

Can't see Botman and Lascelles being much use let alone starting till at least the Spring. It takes a long, long time to recover from ACLs, and the history of this injury type suggests these two players will only back up to scratch come the 25/26 season.

52 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

This would be an exceptional signing, finally a second player that can play the 6, him a Bruno as a double pivot would be class and both can play the 8. IMO it would leave is with 5 top midfielders, 2 of which are champions league level, with the other 3 not really too far off that. 

Am I alone in having never heard of Angel Gomes before seeing him turn out for the England national team the other day? I was like who the fook is this guy?

its frightening how out of touch I am with football these days when it doesn’t involve NUFC.

2 minutes ago, Jewel said:

Am I alone in having never heard of Angel Gomes before seeing him turn out for the England national team the other day? I was like who the fook is this guy?

its frightening how out of touch I am with football these days when it doesn’t involve NUFC.

I mean I can't blame you. The French league isn't exciting to watch at all since PSG killed it dead.

43 minutes ago, Jewel said:

I'd never heard of the bloke either, had to get my 12 year old to fill me in. 

1 hour ago, Jewel said:

Nah I hadn’t heard of him either. Not playing video games anymore hurts your knowledge of obscure players too.