NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

Gven the ASM fee I don’t think pif are really looking to prioritise us over their league.

Can't believe people are still flogging this urban myth. 

We actually got the going rate. Literally nobody else wanted him. 

Back on topic and, more than likely, I may have missed any relevance BUT could Saudi loan Neves back to Wolves after this rule change? 

If he's unhappy and wants re-locating back to the prem he goes there and we, subsequently, get Neto on loan. 

Fuck the Yank mafia 😂😂😂

Edited by Groundhog63

I don't think we can assume the other clubs with multiple owners will vote against this.

It's temporary, so unless Brighton's (or whoever elses) January plans hinge on them loaning a player from one of "their" clubs there's no reason for them to vote against it. 

Bring the rule in for January, work out what to do in the summer and beyond later, once that potential avenue for us to replace Tonali is closed.

They might as well call it "The Tonali/Neves Rule".

6 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Can't believe people are still flogging this urban myth. 

We actually got the going rate. Literally nobody else wanted him. 

Back on topic and, more than likely, I may have missed any relevance BUT could Saudi loan Neves back to Wolves after this rule change? 

If he's unhappy and wants re-locating back to the prem he goes there and we, subsequently, get Neto on loan. 

Fuck the Yank mafia 😂😂😂

Tbf on ASM - they’re not mutually exclusive positions.  We did get Marley value - and the KSA league will be the priority. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

You did and looks like you were right. 

I think Dan Ashworth interview didn’t help. Should’ve lied. Dan’s no dummy though so I suspect it was to purposely mislead the PL and the media. 

It’s just our so called rivals are massively predictable, they do not want to compete for such a hardcore capitalist country as the UK the premier league and football as a whole has the most bizarre structure. 

but as always, you have to give these clubs and the media massive credit because most people actually believe FFP is righteous and just :lol:

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You did and looks like you were right. 

I think Dan Ashworth interview didn’t help. Should’ve lied. Dan’s no dummy though so I suspect it was to purposely mislead the PL and the media. 

Well it certainly provoked a response by other PL clubs and this meeting has been called to block Newcastle and for me that’s potentially illegal.

It's an objectively sensible rule imo, no problem with it whatsoever. They probably didn't need to force it through in middle of season as a petty reaction to our situation but I wouldn't really want us going down that route anyway.

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Tbf the rest of the league might argue it would be uncompetitive to allow NUFC to circumvent the rules which the others have to abide by re FFP

I’m honestly not sure the club will be arsed one iota tbh.  I doubt Howe is eager to grab an ageing mercenary to float about for six months. 

It's not stopping other clubs from signing players on loan from Saudi, so it's still anti-competitive. You may well be right on the club thoughts. 

38 minutes ago, 1964 said:

It does feel inherently suspect to me, and if it were another club doing it we'd be a bit pissed off.  

Other clubs do do it tbf and have done for years.

Anyone who's played Football Manager knows the old "Send to affiliate club" option!

6 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Anti-competitive rule which would be thrown out with a legal challenge. You can't have other clubs being able to do loans, whilst stopping another club. Let's see if there is a legal challenge to this, I would be surprised if there wasn't, as it's just one step too far. 

I wonder if our owners would allow players from Saudi clubs to go out on loan to other clubs ?

Edited by madras

33 minutes ago, Dandy Man said:

It's an objectively sensible rule imo, no problem with it whatsoever. They probably didn't need to force it through in middle of season as a petty reaction to our situation but I wouldn't really want us going down that route anyway.

Me neither. Mainly cos there's nobody I'd take on a loan from there

But if its because you worry that other teams/ fans say we are cheating etc

They are saying that anyway.

Not that I'm arsed either way, but RE: the whole thing about the league vetoing our supposed move for Neves...

Didn't Man City 'get away' with the exact same thing with Frank Lampard from NY... Or am I making this up? :lol:

35 minutes ago, Dandy Man said:

It's a sensible rule true enough, what irks is that it was a sensible rule 3yrs ago but it, like the FMV and associated parties rules, everyone knows they're only being implemented because they are scared shit of us.

Just now, jack j said:

Me neither. Mainly cos there's nobody I'd take on a loan from there

But if its because you worry that other teams/ fans say we are cheating etc

They are saying that anyway.

I dunno, if I wouldn't want our direct rivals doing it then I don't want us doing it, it's basically cheating the system and it definitely wouldn't be good for the game if these sort of arrangements are taken to their logical conclusion with basically federations of feeder clubs.

Likes of Arteta and Klopp going to be whinging at every opportunity regardless because it's all about getting any edge possible. Just think it's important to have some integrity in it all.

The rule is fine in principle like it's just the timing of it that stinks. Pretty much as soon as Ashworth mentioned we are allowed to loan players from Saudi clubs an emergency rule is going to be voted on. 

Simialir to the technical area ruling that was clearly targeted at Eddie and Tindall despite other teams having multiple coaching staff in the area this season and getting away with it.

Again the added injury time rule was put through after it was pointed out we have the ball in play less than other side's last season. And again that's been implemented poorly and inconsistently. There's been loads of games/halves where there's been a suspiciously low or high amount of added time on. 

Edited by Jaqen
Sp

13 minutes ago, Dandy Man said:

I dunno, if I wouldn't want our direct rivals doing it then I don't want us doing it, it's basically cheating the system and it definitely wouldn't be good for the game if these sort of arrangements are taken to their logical conclusion with basically federations of feeder clubs.

Likes of Arteta and Klopp going to be whinging at every opportunity regardless because it's all about getting any edge possible. Just think it's important to have some integrity in it all.

It's not  cheating the system at all. The system was designed specifically to be used that way and it has been. I'll keep banging on about it, it's like the associated parties stuff, it's only when someone looks like wrecking the  closed shop that the rules that were designed to benefit a few clubs  need changing.

Do you seriously think any if these rules would now be in place without our takeover ?

Edit.... Just to make myself clear it clear, this isn't an anti-NUFC move, it's an anti-anyone outside the established top 6 move. The same would have happened to Villa or West Ham had they been taken over like us.

Edited by madras

3 minutes ago, madras said:

It's not  getting the system at all. The system was designed specifically to be used that way and it has been. I'll keep banging on about it, it's like the associated parties stuff, it's only when someone looks like wrecking the  closed shop that the rules that were designed to benefit a few clubs  need changing.

Do you seriously think any if these rules would now be in place without our takeover ?

I think our situation has definitely been a big motivator, but ultimately these rules apply to everyone not just us and I think they are positive for preserving (some semblance of) integrity in the game.

We're still only moving in one direction and these rules are not stopping us imo, so let them do what they want.

2 minutes ago, Dandy Man said:

I think our situation has definitely been a big motivator, but ultimately these rules apply to everyone not just us and I think they are positive for preserving (some semblance of) integrity in the game.

We're still only moving in one direction and these rules are not stopping us imo, so let them do what they want.

Big motivator ? Without our takeover these rules would not even be considered as they massively benefit certain clubs.

Thing is if it wasn't for FFP, and then restrictions on 'fair market value' sponsorships, we wouldn't even be considering workarounds like loaning from other PIF clubs. Each thing leads to another. 

I get that there has to be some restrictions but it is mad that you have a governing body basically preventing private entities from investing their cash in their product. There should be a lot more scope within FFP for the costs to be offset over a longer period of time to allow initial investment. Man City and Chelsea were able to skip the queue and set themselves up nicely with valuable squads, feeder clubs and great academies before FFP was ever even a thing. This gives them such leeway to spend now in the age of FFP. It's systemically unfair.

I would actually support a salary cap more than I would the current restrictions on player asset spending.