NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

De Gea on a free, Phillips on loan and Minteh recalled would be the cheapest way to inject life back into our season. Really, no excuses not to get at least that done. I don't really want to bring minteh back, especially if he's off to acon anyway, but if money is tight and we don't want to commit, then something needs doing. 

Just now, Jewel said:

Question is, if money is tight now in January will it also be tight in the summer?

There will always bit a limit, but ever increasing as our low income seasons drop off. I do think we need a good couple of sales next season regardless. Hopefully almiron, Murphy, maybe wilson as he's always injured. 

I’m fully in the camp that Dubravka needs upgrading but De Gea really ?

He’d want at least a 100k a week and to be honest he’s just as likely to hoy the ball in the back of his own net, he’s a fucking liability.

Edited by Whitley mag

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not sure any other club in the league has ever mentioned FFP more than we do.

FFP is a joke, let’s not forget it’s not long ago PSG had Neymar, Messi and Mbappe on the books. Neymar cost them 200m :lol:  let’s not talk about the salaries. 

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not sure any other club in the league has ever mentioned FFP more than we do.

Agreed but not alot of clubs spend 300+ million in a few windows with around 40m in sales it is unsustainable however the club know this hence the sponsorships so far which have to increase ffp limits and offset lack of sellable surplus to requirement players. 

Edited by nufcjmc

44 minutes ago, Dokko said:

De Gea on a free, Phillips on loan and Minteh recalled would be the cheapest way to inject life back into our season. Really, no excuses not to get at least that done. I don't really want to bring minteh back, especially if he's off to acon anyway, but if money is tight and we don't want to commit, then something needs doing. 

We aren’t recalling Minteh back - the whole point loaning him was to gain a years worth of experience - I agree that RW is a priority position though - We won’t see Minteh coming back

7 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Agreed but not alot of clubs spend 300+ million in a few windows with around 40m in sales it is unsustainable however the club know this hence the sponsorships so far which have to increase ffp limits and offset lack of sellable surplus to requirement players. 

It wasn’t a criticism of the club, it’s just so boring hearing about it every single window.

43 minutes ago, Jewel said:

Question is, if money is tight now in January will it also be tight in the summer?

• We will sell a player or two and players will reach the end of their contracts freeing up wages.
  • Revenues will increase marginally.  
  • The three year rolling reporting window will be 6-9 months later.

As much as we want to kick on now this window is a huge risk is we overstretch and the players we get are not good enough.  See what happened to Everton.  

I feel we need a player or two just to reinvigorate the squad but I could see it coming late in January.  If we do manage to get a couple results and the mood improves I could also see us doing nothing other than a loan keeper. The will be light at the end of the tunnel in terms of players returning from injury and a reduced fixture list.   Unlikely as it is that Howe will be sacked, if things do go in that direction it will leave a transfer pot for the incoming manager.

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It wasn’t a criticism of the club, it’s just so boring hearing about it every single window.

I know its just that there are billionaire owners in the league and the reason we hear ffp this ffp that is because we haven't used player sales to balance any books. Sure I read somewhere that 10 players were out of contract in the summer we can't let them all go for nowt as we don't have the funds to replace them. We are in a rubbish sort of impass where who would sell for good money would make the first team suffer but player trading is going to have to come. 

I would love to see what an unfinancially hampered transfer window would look like but there are pros to taking your time and building. 

1 minute ago, nufcjmc said:

I would love to see what an unfinancially hampered transfer window would look like but there are pros to taking your time and building.

It would have looked something what Chelsea did since their takeover I'd imagine.

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

According to the club they brought forward summer plans to bring in Gordon so while I love shiny new players in the summer it maybe the compromise instead of panic buys and stop gaps we bring in a player in a position we were going to in the summer anyway. 

Just now, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

It would have looked something what Chelsea since their takeover I'd imagine.

No, that’s what incompetence and a blank chequebook looks like.  I doubt Howe, Ashworth and co. would be spunking the best part of a billion on wingers and defensive midfielders

1 minute ago, nufcjmc said:

According to the club they brought forward summer plans to bring in Gordon so while I love shiny new players in the summer it maybe the compromise instead of panic buys and stop gaps we bring in a player in a position we were going to in the summer anyway. 

We’re going to struggle as this current season is still hampered by 21/22 when we ran up a massive loss.  Also, we’re out of Europe - which cuts off a revenue pipeline - and our league finishing position looks dicey, which would be the other additional revenue source at this point.  I doubt we’ve got much wriggle-room - but bringing funds forward from the summer is a non-starter. 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We’re going to struggle as this current season is still hampered by 21/22 when we ran up a massive loss.  Also, we’re out of Europe - which cuts off a revenue pipeline - and our league finishing position looks dicey, which would be the other additional revenue source at this point.  I doubt we’ve got much wriggle-room - but bringing funds forward from the summer is a non-starter. 

Unfortunately even if the club planned ahead by leaving some of the summer spending just gone in the tank for January it wouldn't be a mini rebuild levels by any stretch. 

Least come summer we will have the champions league money, adidas money and any other stuff that have yet to be announced. Assume we also get a % of the fan zone next year too. 

Issue is longer term say worst case we don't qualify for Europe this season and spend big in the summer using up all this extra income stream money and don't get into Europe again we back to being ffp tied and effectively skint. 

Just now, nufcjmc said:

Unfortunately even if the club planned ahead by leaving some of the summer spending just gone in the tank for January it wouldn't be a mini rebuild levels by any stretch. 

Least come summer we will have the champions league money, adidas money and any other stuff that have yet to be announced. Assume we also get a % of the fan zone next year too. 

Issue is longer term say worst case we don't qualify for Europe this season and spend big in the summer using up all this extra income stream money and don't get into Europe again we back to being ffp tied and effectively skint. 

Champions League money is in the current year, unfortunately- that’s gone.  By not even dropping into the UEFA Cup (a run to the semis would’ve added another c.£10m) that well is dry.

No European football next season will have an impact on income - though you’d think that more commercial deals would’ve been landed by now.

Truth is, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, we really need to start bringing some transfer money in.  Particularly from players who’ve been here a while. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Champions League money is in the current year, unfortunately- that’s gone.  By not even dropping into the UEFA Cup (a run to the semis would’ve added another c.£10m) that well is dry.

No European football next season will have an impact on income - though you’d think that more commercial deals would’ve been landed by now.

Truth is, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, we really need to start bringing some transfer money in.  Particularly from players who’ve been here a while. 

We don’t really have any real saleable assets thought apart from the ones we don’t want to lose.