NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

14 minutes ago, arnonel said:

I think the club are smashing it. 
The only tweak I would have liked to make, would have been to follow more of a Brighton/Dortmund type model
I would have been happy to be patient, mopping up all the wonderkids, building to winning the league in 5-7 years.

The disadvantage with going after elites is that the expectations increase, and we run into problems with FFP.

After getting 4th, the perception is that anything else is failure. We are always playing catch up. 

We've only signed 2 players for real top dollar (Isak & Tonali). For strikers there's a premium as well.

1 hour ago, KDT said:

Yeah signing multiple £40m players in the past year has been a real bore.

How i long for the thrilling days of complete silence and negligence of an Ashley transfer window, those were the days you live for. Some people man....

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

If that’s true the club now needs to act and buy a replacement, we can’t bank on miley and Longstaff to take us into Europe.

We can’t, FFP. 

Those low hanging fruit sponsors we inexplicably didn’t take are really hurting us now. 

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Good luck finding a replacement forward of his quality with FFP restrictions. 

That's what the professionals are paid top dollar for. It would be a blow to lose Bruno but saying he's irreplaceable simply isn't true. 

Just now, Elliottman said:

That's what the professionals are paid top dollar for. It would be a blow to lose Bruno but saying he's irreplaceable simply isn't true. 

Isak is irreplaceable. Losing Bruno will hurt but Is manageable but the midfield will need a total rethink. 

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I’m fairly confident they’ll buy a midfielder.

We can’t, no matter how confident you are.  A loan to buy is likely the best bet.  But that won’t happen until the very end of the window. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

You mean loan? Reckon we will end up with Kalvin P, I’m just hoping we dodge the obligation. 

I’m not sure, I don’t think FFP is actually real or definable with actual numbers. I imagine it will involve us needing to bribe somebody; football is astoundingly corrupt. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Isak is irreplaceable. Losing Bruno will hurt but Is manageable but the midfield will need a total rethink. 

Apologies, thought we were talking about Bruno for some reason. Of all of them I agree yeah, Isak would be the one I'd not want to lose. Still don't think anyone is irreplaceable mind ;D

Just now, Elliottman said:

Given the respective fees expected, I reckon it would be easier to replace Bruno than it would Botman, and as said, Isak should be untouchable unless he wants to leave. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

We can’t, no matter how confident you are.  A loan to buy is likely the best bet.  But that won’t happen until the very end of the window. 

Ok well let’s mark this page and see where we land. Think the ownership has been pretty consistent at buying where there’s a need.

Just now, Theregulars said:

I’m not sure, I don’t think FFP is actually real or definable with actual numbers. I imagine it will involve us needing to bribe somebody; football is astoundingly corrupt. 

It’s literally published.  £105m in FFP accounting losses over a rolling three year period.  All PL clubs books are published.  It’s not made up, as Everton can attest. 

Just now, mondonewc said:

Given the respective fees expected, I reckon it would be easier to replace Bruno than it would Botman, and as said, Isak should be untouchable unless he wants to leave. 

The spuds for van de ven for what? 35m Howe has made Jamal into a class act, I think it’s the one area with a stable set up where we can stretch our money. 

I might be wrong but it feels like Big Joe has come back too early on a few occasions now. Earlier than it was expected. Maybe it didn’t make any difference but I’m not sure why we tried to go with Joelinton in the 2nd half when he clearly had pain and had some muscle problem before half time. 

Edited by Ikon