NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, mofo said:

Selling Bruno would be a huge backwards step and I'm quite confident it won't happen.

Eddie loves him and I really think he's here for the long haul 🙏

£117m release clause, think we'd honour even if Psg weren't in the listed clubs. We'd be mad not to tbh. Keeps us going for years like villa and grealish.

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

£117m release clause, think we'd honour even if Psg weren't in the listed clubs. We'd be mad not to tbh. Keeps us going for years like villa and grealish.

If he wants to go then yes, if not we need to build our entire team around him

The club can't keep complaining about FFP/PSR when we consistently seem to shop in the most expensive market there is here in this country and the PL. We have a £120m outlay on Gordon, Livramento and Barnes. The first of which has indeed come good this season, the second of which has excelled yet makes for bleemin' Dan Burn at the first opportunity and the latter of which has only played 185 minutes thus far this season. The outlay could become ~£155m if Hall's deal is made permanent even though Matt Ritchie gets on the pitch ahead of him.

I imagine what is a reasonable amount of wages is going on de facto cheerleaders in Ritchie, Dummett, Gillespie and dead wood such as Manquillo and Targett plus players who could be sold for a reasonableish fee whom we could afford moving on due to availability or ability such as Wilson or Almirón.

Bruno we can't win a football match without even against dross opposition, this season and last. Isak is by far and away one of the best strikers we've had in the last 15 years and Botman is a top centre half and only going to improve given his age. We still need a RW and a CB, two positions we neglected to improve in the summer. If any of those 3 players leave then we'll go 2 steps back and given the links we consistently seem to get, many of which are based on nowt, granted, I can't see us going 3 steps forward.

This seems like a rant about the club's transfer dealings and/or owners and maybe it is (I don't like Eales, think he's in front of the cameras far too much for a PL CEO, that 'mackem in Milan' thing at the CL draw :anguish: ) but I guess its more of a 'fuck FFP/PSR' rant. Just venting. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

10 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The club can't keep complaining about FFP/PSR when we consistently seem to shop in the most expensive market there is here in this country and the PL. We have a £120m outlay on Gordon, Livramento and Barnes. The first of which has indeed come good this season, the second of which has excelled yet makes for bleemin' Dan Burn at the first opportunity and the latter of which has only played 185 minutes thus far this season. The outlay could become ~£155m if Hall's deal is made permanent even though Matt Ritchie gets on the pitch ahead of him.

I imagine what is a reasonable amount of wages is going on de facto cheerleaders in Ritchie, Dummett, Gillespie and dead wood such as Manquillo and Targett plus players who could be sold for a reasonableish fee whom we could afford moving on due to availability or ability such as Wilson or Almirón.

Bruno we can't win a football match without even against dross opposition, this season and last. Isak is by far and away one of the best strikers we've had in the last 15 years and Botman is a top centre half and only going to improve given his age. We still need a RW and a CB, two positions we neglected to improve in the summer. If any of those 3 players leave then we'll go 2 steps back and given the links we consistently seem to get, many of which are based on nowt, granted, I can't see us going 3 steps forward.

This seems like a rant about the club's transfer dealings and/or owners and maybe it is (I don't like Eales, think he's in front of the cameras far too much for a PL CEO, that 'mackem in Milan' thing at the CL draw :anguish: ) but I guess its more of a 'fuck FFP/PSR' rant. Just venting. :lol:

I still can’t believe we let Shelvey go without a replacement… :bluestar:

19 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If it is a release clause, you've got no choice but to honour it.

4 minutes ago, brummie said:

Think he meant even if PSG weren’t one of the clubs eligible for the release clause, if they offered that amount we’d accept it.

5 minutes ago, brummie said:

Not sure how you misread that, but NwMag has it covered.

6 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I've since learnt Keegan and Cole simply had a falling out. That was the main driver of the transfer. Not some grand plan to improve the squad.

These lot won't make an emotional decision one way or the other.

No, but the outcome was the same regardless of the context.  

25 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Isak is easily the best striker we’ve had in 20+ years, tbh.

25 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I think you need to calm down a bit.  First of all, we haven't bought these elite players to sell on for a profit.  These players are here to stay.  We (the club) decide which players to sign and the only thing stopping our great club from doing this is the Premier league.  From day one of our takeover they have implemented loads of various (some illegal) rules to stop us from progressing.  We will get there at the end because we have the utmost professional people on board.  Stay calm and focussed.  We will defeat them eventually.

26 minutes ago, brummie said:

IF the player involved is receptive.  Bruno loves The Toon.

24 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Or we could pull a John Henry (we won’t).

Suarez? His agent dropped the ball with the small print. Anything over £40m allowed clubs to talk to him not to actually buy him. Bizarre? Yes. Very embarrassing for his agent and Arsenal who bid £40,000,001.

Aye, of the three jewels in the crown Isak is the one I'd be most gutted to see go. The lad is elite. 

If they are contemplating letting one go then hopefully they go to an oversees club. Being forced to sell our best players to open up funds which we have anyway is bad enough but to see any of that shower of the top 6 get them would be nauseating. 

I don't agree that the domestic market is bad value. In a world where every signing is ultimately a gamble that can leave you hamstrung by FFP, signing a player for £30-35 million from England can be much less of a risk than a punt for £15-20m from Europe.

More likely the player adapts to the area/team/culture/physicality and it is easier to do due diligence on player's background through existing agent/player networks (Tonali cough cough). But perhaps more crucially there is a safety net in terms of resale value to the host of other wealthy PL clubs - both if they flop and if they excel.

Foreign players (Europe/South America) there is undoubtedly better value to be found - but it's also just as likely you get a flop that you may end up giving away for nowt.

It's about being open to all markets, but including a significant amount of domestic players in your recruitment is not a bad thing. Certainly not anymore considering the quality of English players and the overall talent level in PL/Championship.

Edited by ponsaelius

23 minutes ago, Rod said:

IF the player involved is receptive.  Bruno loves The Toon.

but he;s also mentioned before how important playing in the champions league is for him.

22 minutes ago, huss9 said:

but he;s also mentioned before how important playing in the champions league is for him.

He left Lyon who were in the CL to join us who were heading for relegation did he not?

Im sure he would love to play in it every year like any good player but don’t underestimate simply playing in EPL what it does for his profile etc. His Brazil squad position hardly depends on CL football.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

He left Lyon who were in the CL to join us who were heading for relegation did he not?

Correct, they were in the Europa League. :pow:

15 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Correct, they were in the Europa League. :pow:

Yeah wasn’t sure despite someone claiming it the other day. Think it was the year before he joined. 

My overall point still stands though. I’ll be very surprised if he doesn’t finish 25/26 with us never mind 24/25. Leap of faith as obviously I don’t know the details but actually think we’ve negotiated a release clause that would only allow a few small number of teams to sign him and I doubt any of them see him as good enough. Especially at the fee we could demand.

Just now, duo said:

I would rather we sold Bruno than either Isak or Botman.   Bruno is class but those two are World Class.

If it's a choice between the three I have to agree.

And also because it's easier to find class/world class CMs than it is to find world class strikers or CBs.