NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Imagine being told you cannot have a house extension as your neighbours can't afford one. I don't know any other business which restricts trade as much as football does.

It does feel like the beginning of the end of ffp. We along with others need to challenge it at every level until it breaks. 

Football has never operated in an open market.  It’s why you have transfer fees in the first place - if you move jobs, does your employer have to buy you out of your old contract?

I’m not keen at all with football simply throwing off all the rules that allow it to manage its own market.  The FFP rules have needed revising for some time, but I’m getting concerned re some of the voices you see in football calling for a lassez-faire approach

15 minutes ago, Stifler said:

If it continues with transfer windows like this, then things will change.

It’s not just transfers though. As I have said previously, we are approaching the 30 year mark since clubs up and down the country started doing stadium developments, and building new stadiums for the all seater rules.

This is the point where we start needing to replace or upgrade those stands, and stadiums.

With clubs looking at Everton and seeing them being done by the interest payments on their new stadium, everyone will be reluctant to start doing anything.

Aside from Everton who are too far along to stop now, you’ll have possibly only us (where our owners can just pay for it upfront) and Man Utd (who can leverage commercial deals) who will plan new stadiums, aside from the much smaller ones planned for Luton, and Bournemouth.

The thing is though, it has the potential to prevent clubs from even doing stand by stand improvements, and when the dynamics of a stadium are changing to being more than just for football, that represents a potential income loss for clubs.

Nothing for ourselves will change though until UEFA also follow up with changes, and it would just prevent us from competing in Europe as well, which is a problem for the likes of us, and Aston Villa.

We also don’t know how long these clubs who are not trying to do what us, and Aston Villa are will be happy to set up camp for. The likes of Palace you would think will vote for staying where they are for an eternity.

They weren’t done for interest payments on the stadium, they were saying it was for interest payments, but it was actually for other running costs. Point 22-23 

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2023/11/17/49989e4e-01a2-44f9-a012-c3a31ae5536b/2023-11-17-Premier-League-v-Everton-FC-Decision-for-Publication.pdf

Guest reefatoon
6 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Was looking forward to this transfer window. Probably the most boring one I can remember. Thank you FFP.

Aye, we had 14 years of utter shit transfer windows under Ashley. We all got excited at the prospects of transfers once we were taken over, and now we are being restricted from spending any money. Just our fucking luck [emoji38]

12 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Aye, we had 14 years of utter shit transfer windows under Ashley. We all got excited at the prospects of transfers once we were taken over, and now we are being restricted from spending any money. Just our fucking luck [emoji38]

Take over by people that explicitly said they won't be spending big in January window's? I mean it's not like we haven't spent money...... 

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Take over by people that explicitly said they won't be spending big in January window's? I mean it's not like we haven't spent money...... 

They would love to spend money this January with our injury list and struggles to get players back. Just a shame like other clubs it’s so handicapped. Your making out like I was digging at the owners, and it was anything but [emoji38] was just taking the piss of the state of affairs this month.

I thought this was working quite well anyway and quite naturally.

Everton overspent and blew it and paid the price with their owner having enough of putting money in, Forest speculated to accumlate - could have gone tits up but it worked out. Both are being punished. Man City have really held themselves back from what they could do, adding a player here and there and everyone said we were doing good business that was probably enhanced by not splashing the cash scatter gun like Chelsea/Man City/Blackburn all did, and Villa have followed suit but its still not held back enough.

19 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

They would love to spend money this January with our injury list and struggles to get players back. Just a shame like other clubs it’s so handicapped. Your making out like I was digging at the owners, and it was anything but [emoji38] was just taking the piss of the state of affairs this month.

Hard to tell with the relentless negativity and whinging on here to be fair 

Guest reefatoon
24 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Hard to tell with the relentless negativity and whinging on here to be fair 

You’re not helping when you moan at the wrong posts fella. [emoji38]

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Board showing themselves to have zero ambition. 

On the day they pay another £400 million for a Golfer ?