NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Yeah agreed. Bellingham and Foden are elite, then you've got Saka, then Palmer's another level down imo.

I'd rather have Saka over Foden imo 

Not sure how to rate Bellingham, this season he's played as good as any attacking midfielder could play, will he keep this insane rate up, or will it be seen more of a purple patch once they sign an Mbappe etc. Gonna be one of the GOATS if this is just the start and he only gets better

Agree with those saying we need 2 strikers and not 3, our problems seem down to - 

Both have been ridiculously injury prone this season 

Our 3rd choice happens to be our LW and player of the season so far

We have no decent 18 year old to take out the Academy to give it a go

2 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Agree with those saying we need 2 strikers and not 3, our problems seem down to - 

Both have been ridiculously injury prone this season 

Our 3rd choice happens to be our LW and player of the season so far

We have no decent 18 year old to take out the Academy to give it a go

Even that would have been fine if we'd not been without our other LW for 3/4s of the season. :lol:

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Even that would have been fine if we'd not been without our other LW for 3/4s of the season. :lol:

Aye exactly, Barnes, Willock and Joelinton all out. Nothing you can do about that really

Anthony Gordon as a third choice striker is easily good enough, and is a better third option than most other teams in the league IMO.  The issue is that we have had about 40% of the first team squad missing for large parts of the season

It's not strikers necessarily, what I wanted was a Joao Pedro type who could play as a CF (Gordon plays there but not the role) and be equally effective on the right. FWIW I dont see Isak as a Wilson type through the middle CF, he can drop into those middling positions between the lines a lot more or drift to the wings, think of 2 or 3 being able to dovetail higher up like Willock/Joelinton were doing in the middle.

3 hours ago, madras said:

It's not strikers necessarily, what I wanted was a Joao Pedro type who could play as a CF (Gordon plays there but not the role) and be equally effective on the right. FWIW I dont see Isak as a Wilson type through the middle CF, he can drop into those middling positions between the lines a lot more or drift to the wings, think of 2 or 3 being able to dovetail higher up like Willock/Joelinton were doing in the middle.

I'd absolutely love it if FFP enabled us to get Pedro when we got Isak, both could seamlessly rotate and Pedro wouldn't mind being on the bench at first, can also cover the front 3...if only 

10 hours ago, janpawel said:

I'd absolutely love it if FFP enabled us to get Pedro when we got Isak, both could seamlessly rotate and Pedro wouldn't mind being on the bench at first, can also cover the front 3...if only 

Pedro was signed nearly a year after Isak.....

6 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

But we were after him the summer we bought Isak

Whats that got to do with FFP reasons? We decided against one(if thats even true) and got Isak due to an injury. The decision not to buy both had zero relevance to FFP as we had Wilson/Isak/Wood here

15 hours ago, Menace said:

The data looked shite for Gordon at Everton- yet he's got great numbers for us this season despite not even being fully fit. I'd even ague he's probably been our player of the season alongside Bruno. There is no guarantee Palmer would've had the same success he's having at Chelsea for us..

Because Gordon has improved as a player and is playing ina better team. Even today his underlying statistics aren't phenomenal but they are good for goalscoring and he looks a very tidy finisher. Where his underlying stats are weak (creativity, ball progression, chance creation) - he makes up for with winning fouls and penalties. When he does create they tend to be quality chances too. And it backs the eye test - he's a good player technically but he's not particularly creative.

Palmer had minimal data before his Chelsea move. But his underlying data (and I just don't mean goals and assists) suggests he's a v.  talented player. Again, i'm not talking goals or assists. He gets on the ball, he progresses the ball, he creates chances, he beats players. But more than anything the lad plays the game beautifully. Like how Bruno, Schar & Isak are beautiful footballers.

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

Whats that got to do with FFP reasons? We decided against one(if thats even true) and got Isak due to an injury. The decision not to buy both had zero relevance to FFP as we had Wilson/Isak/Wood here

True, in that case I'd have loved it if we flogged Wood and bought Pedro then 󠀠

Newcastle United and Tottenham are keen on 25-year-old Eintracht Frankfurt striker Omar Marmoush, an Egypt international who has scored 10 goals in 18 Bundesliga games this season. (Bild via Shields Gazette)

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

IMG_0460.thumb.jpeg.fa9a3af7b3302fe6632b59f636ac1c43.jpeg

I'd literally just checked myself. Ipswich fans seem to rate him highly, but they think he's worth double the price quoted in the article. We could do with another full back who could chip in with assists, like Liverpool have with TAA and Robertson. 

1 hour ago, captainhaircut said:

Spoke to my mate who works for Ipswich (more than high up enough to know) and he says nowt happening there. Will likely be on the move somewhere if they don’t go up though. 

so he means that there might be something happening there.

Sources have told 90min that INEOS are admirers of Livramento and there have questions why he was not considered last summer. Livramento left Southampton following their relegation from the Premier League and joined Newcastle for an initial £32m fee plus a further £8m in add-ons.

https://www.90min.com/posts/ineos-surprised-man-utd-didnt-consider-signing-tino-livramento

Feels like Ratcliffe and INEOS are going to go a long way to making me remember why I used to hate Man United more than Liverpool.