NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

He has had a few issues with injuries but would be an improvement on Burn in almost every attribute in the left/centre back role.

Yeah totally agree - him and Leif Davis would be a good pair to have on the left - allowing us to spend big on a elite CB

10 hours ago, nufc123 said:

I was just watching his league form and mixed last season with the year before. He had a really good season last one. Having an okey season now. A little harsh maybe. Soon in his mid 20s so this is the year for him if he wants a big move. There was so much talk about him, and the talk has faded a little bit. 

He definitely dropped like the rest of the team from the year before. That team was honestly one of the worst teams I have seen win a league. They could barely pass to each other and when David came in it was like his team mates purposely didn't pass to him for 6 months. 

Lille were super greedy and wouldn't let him go after that season and thought they would get far more keeping him. The team dipped though. His agent has since said he preferred to stay until the end of this season (ie. Either a decent offer hasn't arrived or the right clubs aren't interested!) 

He is currently 3 goals short of his best season with Lille though. Chelsea, Manure, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs have been sniffing around for a few years but they haven't bit the bullet or maybe Lille are asking too much? Could see him going to Italy too. You are right he needs a next step move this summer or he risks getting overtaken by the inevitable next big thing.

2 hours ago, Mikky said:

Nico is fantastic 

Whilst we are talking about La Liga wingers - Kubo is another I would love to sign

We've been linked with Kubo the past week. Apparently we are happy to pay his release clause of £50 million or so.

14 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Maybe but i think Foden looks very good on compilations etc (and he is very good i may add) but think saka quietly gets on with it with greater end product. 

Also think Saka is more likely to grow through a long career. Hope I am wrong but Foden has the whiff of someone, private life wise,  who will implode and finish early. 

7 hours ago, KaKa said:

We've been linked with Kubo the past week. Apparently we are happy to pay his release clause of £50 million or so.

He’s just signed a new contract where was this link from ?

9 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Also think Saka is more likely to grow through a long career. Hope I am wrong but Foden has the whiff of someone, private life wise,  who will implode and finish early. 

Man City will prevent it impacting him on the pitch.

Look at Walker with his messy private life. Clubs are good at protecting their stars from consequences. Foden will have been in the system for years and the squad discipline will be part of who he is

As long as players stay off the booze and avoid anything that damages them physically they will be fine. 

7 hours ago, KaKa said:

:lol: no offence mate but you don't half believe any old garbage the media feed you. There's zero chance in the world a random journalist knows that man 

3 hours ago, Fezzle said:

:lol: no offence mate but you don't half believe any old garbage the media feed you. There's zero chance in the world a random journalist knows that man 

It is the rumours thread tbf.

12 minutes ago, madras said:

It is the rumours thread tbf.

He's not posted an actual rumour tbh, just some meaningless comments that are clearly bullshit

14 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I’m personally invested in some of the awful displays I’ve seen from Williams. I’m obviously being OTT he’s had a very fine career in Spain. 

But lad is not good. 

You are personally invested? 

11 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Because Inaki is relevant to me and Nico reminded me of the useless lad. 

in the transfer rumour thread there’s talk of a player we fans want to sign and then you take it as an opportunity to just slag off his brother. 

never change TCD. You’re a piece of work mate. 

Nico Williams is elite level when attacking, but unfortunately, his defensive abilities are limited, albeit getting better...

Worth every penny of the 40 million euro buy out clause

Edited by buzza

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

You are personally invested? 

in the transfer rumour thread there’s talk of a player we fans want to sign and then you take it as an opportunity to just slag off his brother. 

never change TCD. You’re a piece of work mate. 

Yes.  I am personally invested. 

6 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Ederson looks the part hoping it’s not dependent on Joelinton leaving.

Ederson is a cross between Bruno, Joelinton and Willock, essentially what Longstaff should be.

He’s strong, quick, not afraid to put a tackle in, canny passer and has an eye for a goal - the final piece in our midfield jigsaw, you replace Longstaff with him then you have a strong 5 in Tonali, Bruno, Joe, Joe and Ederson with Anderson and Miley developing nicely in the background  - ai really do hope we sign him 

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I said we were linked, which we were. And I have no idea what journalist you are talking about.

https://www.fichajes.net/noticias/doble-oferta-top-sacar-kubo-real-sociedad-20240226.html

Yep - all you said is that there were some rumours.

He’s a quality player - there’s plenty of RWs to chose from - I personally think Kubo is the best of the lot 

Kubo - Bakayoko - Cherki - Neto - Olise - (Guy from Lille)