NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Was a strange signing for City imo, do think he would be perfect for us based on how was in Portugal and then at Wolves. Fwiw I don’t think we will be signing any type of CM this summer anyway.

I think they dived in quick as the Paqueta deal fell through last minute and knew they could sign him without losing much money on him within 6 month. The loss probably the numbers received for Phillips loan. Get Paqueta in the summer and sell Nunes for a small loss. Job done.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Little bit different posting something that you think has value and is a contribution and saying “would prefer to give Dummett another year” over a younger, more gifted and versatile player coming in on a free

That’s true mate. Agree.

40 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

We should just sign every semi-decent or better free transfer available to us and flip them a year later if they're no good for a few million.

This works great in FM.

In reality they eat a big signing on fee and their wages prove prohibitively high unless it's a youngster signed on the cheap.

38 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I mentioned Cunha the other day (Yorkie as well today). He would be pricey but his versatility would give us massive advantages as well as offering us something different. Can basically play across the front three as well as in midfield. Unlikely that Howe will go this route but I really like the thought of him occupying the space between Bruno and Isak. He would drag defenders with him out of position and allow our front trio more space. Also good at beating his man and carrying the ball. Would be nice to have a short passing option for Bruno to play progressive passes To as well as one two’s. Bruno often does it with Paqueta for Brazil and it’s beautiful. I think Cunha would/will develop greatly in the next 1-2 years, especially under Howe and in a stronger team. Yea we have lots of midfielders but a different option, and of higher quality would be great. Especially since he can play up front too. Would cost a lot but at the same time I think he will be worth even more in a season or two. Not that it should be the main reason for signing a player, but still. One thing to add, when we sit deep at times and win back possession it would be nice to have a great option centrally that can receive and handle the ball in tight spaces and turn his man and carry the ball. We often are forced to play it slightly longer or often get dispossessed again quite quickly.

Totally agree. 

Was just thinking the other day that he's come on loads since he was at Hertha and he'd be a great fit for us.

45 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Kelly didn’t start for Bournemouth on Saturday, is clearly injury prone and is probably after a 10 million signing on fee, I’d rather give Dummett another year.

My God ...

Kelly is probably ten times the player Dummet is ... at least.

Let's assume that your £10 million signings on fee is correct, this is essentially his transfer fee, and is still a major bargain, that's how it works for free transfers. Not to mention that usually the signing on fees are paid over the players contract and so is not as big an initial hit financially. His salary is also not likely to be anything outrageous.

Yes, I agree he has been somewhat injury prone, but weighing that up with the value we'd be getting with him on a free, and how well he fits into the system as a more athletic and quicker version of that 3rd centre back/left back role Burn has been playing the last couple of seasons, it's a no brainer IMO with FFP being what it is. Callum Wilson was signed as an injury prone player, but overall I'm sure we'd all say it has been a well worthy signing.

With a deeper squad and more decent rotation options, hopefully we won't see as much issues with injuries going forward.

Kelly didn't start for Bournemouth because they know he's out the door and not a long term option. 

Injury prone I think is fair criticism, but he'd still be a good squad signing. To be honest I think he'd go straight in to start for us at LB.

I’d be happy with Kelly, feels like a “see us through a couple of seasons” signing whilst we spend the budget on more urgent positions.

His salary is likely to be much bigger than it would otherwise. Making him harder to shift if necessary. That's how the free transfer thing works.

If we give Kelly a £8m sign-on fee and a £4.2m per year contract over 4 years. That's a fair whack for a squad player and hinges the wage structure weirdly.

We've avoided doing that so far.

I think the free transfers have largely driven Villa having a bigger salary spend than us last year (I may have made that up). With Coutinho & Kamara surely taking up £15m in wages alone.

8 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Kelly didn't start for Bournemouth because they know he's out the door and not a long term option. 

Injury prone I think is fair criticism, but he'd still be a good squad signing. To be honest I think he'd go straight in to start for us at LB.

They actually offered him a new contract to make him one of their highest paid, but he's apparently turned it down.

The news is we are the favourites and he wants to join, a lot of which is to do with Howe who took him to Bournemouth.

There's been interest from some decent sides, and he is sought after, but it looks like the Howe link might seal it for us.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

His salary is likely to be much bigger than it would otherwise. Making him harder to shift if necessary. That's how the free transfer thing works.

If we give Kelly a £8m sign-on fee and a £4.2m per year contract over 4 years. That's a fair whack for a squad player and hinges the wage structure weirdly.

We've avoided doing that so far.

I think the free transfers have largely driven Villa having a bigger salary spend than us last year (I may have made that up). With Coutinho & Kamara surely taking up £15m in wages alone.

He's an upgrade on both Burn and Targett at left back. He would start there for us.

Just now, Jack27 said:

I mustn’t get too excited but fucking please

He would be an absolutely brilliant signing, pretty sure I read his release clause is around 45 million. 

51 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This works great in FM.

In reality they eat a big signing on fee and their wages prove prohibitively high unless it's a youngster signed on the cheap.

Aye, I was suggesting it a little tongue in cheek. I seem to remember Tielemans wanting 10 mil to sign for Villa :mackems:

7 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I mustn’t get too excited but fucking please

Paid attention to this guy a fair bit this season.

He's quite raw and needs some developing. Unbelievable physical gifts and technical ability, but his movements and instincts in the box need work. Sometimes you forget he's on the pitch as he's not getting himself in decent areas at all.

Would be a nice addition to our mix of forwards to further develop though, as he could be a heck of a player if it all comes together.

Edited by KaKa

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Paid attention to this guy a fair bit this season.

He's quite raw and needs some developing. Unbelievable physical gifts and technical ability, but his movements and instincts in the box need work. Sometimes you forget he's on the pitch as he's not getting himself in decent areas at all.

Would be a nice addition to our mix of forwards to further develop though, as he could be a heck of a player if it all comes together.

Be nice being able to have him rotate with Isak.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Be nice being able to have him rotate with Isak.

Yeah, I agree.

In many ways it would be ideal. I think it would work for him as he wouldn't have as much pressure.

The only thing I'd say about Sesko is that he's struggled to make himself first choice at Leipzig, which is one of the reasons he might be moving on. Would being second choice to Isak be any more favourable to him? I know he'd get plenty of game time but I think he probably will want to be nailed on first choice somewhere.

We need another forward, but getting the right profile is vital. Somebody who is adaptable/versatile is optimal.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I agree.

In many ways it would be ideal. I think it would work for him as he wouldn't have as much pressure.

Yep, I don’t think he would come in expecting to play every game either which would help.