NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Have we been linked with Tosin or are people just automatically assuming we'll be interested due to the fact we're desperate for CHs and he'll be on a free?

I think us and Man U are linked with him because its an easy link we have no CBs and he is on a free.

From what I've heard West Ham have made a serious offer to him, but the rest are just regular links.

7 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Have we been linked with Tosin or are people just automatically assuming we'll be interested due to the fact we're desperate for CHs and he'll be on a free?

Mark Douglas credited us with an interest in his article last week.

13 minutes ago, TRC said:

Yep, he's going to have his pick of starting for CL clubs, he would be fairly insane to come to be back up to Isak.

But this wasn't even the case at Leipzig. Why would he be guaranteed to start at CL clubs?

9 minutes ago, TRC said:

=

He made 4 starts in the CL this year, if Spurs make the CL does he not start for them? 

He wouldn't automatically go in ahead of Son and/or Richarlison.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

But this wasn't even the case at Leipzig. Why would he be guaranteed to start at CL clubs?

Started the last 4 CL games.

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

At this stage in his development, he's probably not going to be starting for a Champions League regular. He obviously won't go there, but somewhere like Brighton would be ideal for him.

Surely he’d be behind Ferguson there too, no? 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

He wouldn't automatically go in ahead of Son and/or Richarlison.

Son will be 32 next season. As a CF he has his limitations as shown at the weekend. Especially when Angeball gets figured out.

Just now, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Surely he’d be behind Ferguson there too, no? 

That fucker scored a hattrick against us and hasn't been seen since.

1 minute ago, TRC said:

Started the last 4 CL games.

He wasn't a guaranteed starter for them over the season though, and he didn't exactly hit the heights for them.

It's a bit like Hojlund, who I like, shows flashes but could do with being rotated with a more established striker.

They are both very inexperienced.

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

Son will be 32 next season. As a CF he has his limitations as shown at the weekend. Especially when Angeball gets figured out.

Sesko isn't pushing Son out of the team. If he went to Spurs he'd start off behind both Son and Richarlison. He's still quite raw from what I've seen of him. Hugely exciting talent though.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

He wasn't a guaranteed starter for them over the season though, and he didn't exactly hit the heights for them.

It's a bit like Hojlund, who I like, shows flashes but could do with being rotated with a more established striker.

They are both very inexperienced.

I guess the difference is, he would be back up to a world class striker and we would not be rotating Isak unless he was injured or exhausted. Other teams rotate their striker.

4 minutes ago, TRC said:

That fucker scored a hattrick against us and hasn't been seen since.

He looked absolutely class that day, thought he was on for a proper Harry Kane style breakthrough season.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

He looked absolutely class that day, thought he was on for a proper Harry Kane style breakthrough season.

Me too, he's scored 2 goals since in the league.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Sesko isn't pushing Son out of the team. If he went to Spurs he'd start off behind both Son and Richarlison. He's still quite raw from what I've seen of him. Hugely exciting talent though.

I listened to some Spurs pods this week and some mentioned Son isn't they guy he used to be and Johnson could become a 9 for them. So see what happens.

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

I guess the difference is, he would be back up to a world class striker and we would not be rotating Isak unless he was injured or exhausted. Other teams rotate their striker.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think Isak is the type of striker to push that hard, as I could see him start breaking down if so.

When we've had both Isak and Wilson available, they were both being rotated quite consistently and both were firing on all cylinders. Could see a similar approach going forward if we had the right kind of options at striker.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I see what you're saying, but I don't think Isak is the type of striker to push that hard, as I could see him start breaking down if so.

When we've had both Isak and Wilson available, they were both being rotated quite consistently and both were firing on all cylinders. Could see a similar approach going forward if we had the right kind of options at striker.

I don't see any other option tbh. Nobody good enough is coming to be backup (even to someone as good as Isak) for anything other than half a season, a year maybe if they're young. This is why it's imperative that we're in Europe every year from here imo.

41 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Just getting it in now so it's on the record, but if our front 3 ends up being Barnes, Isak, Gordon then I propose now that it's referred to as The Notorious B.I.G

Haha sicker than your average

With that front three, the Sky's the Limit

And then after a great season the price will sky rocket so we can Get Money

With Murphy coming in as reserve, that'll be Juicy

And perhaps we can give Wilson One More Chance to get over his injury worries

But we do need to proceed with caution as they say Mo Money Mo Problems

But when we win everything next season perhaps we'll reminisce and say 'It was all a dream...'

6 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I don't see any other option tbh. Nobody good enough is coming to be backup (even to someone as good as Isak) for anything other than half a season, a year maybe if they're young. This is why it's imperative that we're in Europe every year from here imo.

If we don't figure out a way to have another quality striker we are in big trouble.

A big part of making the Champions League was how well both Isak and Wilson played throughout the season, including the option of pairing them together at times.

We have to have a similar setup with a quality alternative going forward because Isak will miss games through injury.

11 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I personally think the best option is to just use Wilson in Europe next season and 20 mins a game in the league. As injury prone as Wilson is if we give him a minimal load he shouldnt break down as much.

1 minute ago, TRC said:

I personally think the best option is to just use Wilson in Europe next season and 20 mins a game in the league. As injury prone as Wilson is if we give him a minimal load he shouldnt break down as much.

Ah, so I think the Sesko idea was based on Wilson not being around anymore.

If Wilson stays any other striker would have to be a younger, versatile type that is more developmental and doesn't have as big expectations on playing time.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Ah, so I think the Sesko idea was based on Wilson not being around anymore.

If Wilson stays any other striker would have to be a younger, versatile type that is more developmental and doesn't have as big expectations on playing time.

Just seems difficult to replace Wilson with what we need. Unless someone gives us 20m for him which I can't see.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I can't see a situation where we keep Wilson really, unless we can afford and he's happy to be 3rd choice.

My thinking too. Wilson and Almiron likely to be touted, even if not proactively scouted, this summer. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

From a Bournemouth fan:

"Kelly is a very interesting player.

And by that I mean that his defending in certain situations is top class, but in other situations it is below par.

He really excels in an area that most other defenders hate, running back towards his own goal. If there is a ball played over the top and an opposition attacker chasing it then there aren’t many defenders in the league that I would pick over Kelly to handle it. He makes it look effortless at times.

However when he actually has to defend his own penalty area he isn’t great at all. His concentration levels aren’t the best and he regularly loses his man, he is particularly poor when defending crosses. Despite his size he doesn’t really seem to enjoy the physical battle with opposition forwards either, I don’t feel that he is particularly comfortable heading the ball which is obviously not ideal for a centre back. I’d go as far to say that out of all our centre backs if we were sitting deep and defending a lead then he’d be the last of the four I’d want on the pitch.

I think the appeal is that he excels in an area that very few do because his overall defending is pretty ordinary."

Can see why he'd appeal to a team such as ourselves who play a higher defensive line.

Last of the four I’d want on the pitch from a Bournemouth fan who watches him every 4 months when he’s fit.

I’d be massively underwhelmed if he was our defensive signing this summer, we need a 1st choice CB as a priority, the saying build from the back is rarely wrong.

On Ferguson if his stock is low this summer it might be a good time to go and get him. Not sure what's happened since that hat trick but I already like him a lot before that. Gives me Shearer vibes.