NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

54 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Arda Guler mentioned again.

By who?!

No chance he leaves Real and absolutely no chance he comes here. He's the next golden boy for Madrid. 

8 hours ago, sempuki said:

Arda Guler mentioned again.

No chance unfortunately. MOTM against Sociedad i read. Got unlucky with a serious injury which has halted his start at Real Madrid. He will be a star there for years to come imo.

7 minutes ago, Ikon said:

No chance unfortunately. MOTM against Sociedad i read. Got unlucky with a serious injury which has halted his start at Real Madrid. He will be a star there for years to come imo.

He was benched the next game though iirc and was subbed on in the 89th minute. I’m no Real Madrid expert but they’re pretty stacked in forward positions with Endrick and Mbappe coming in.

He might think that he’s too good to be a rotation player and wants more regular game-time at this stage of his career? He could be a starter for a lot of good teams imo and that could be in his thinking?

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

He was benched the next game though iirc and was subbed on in the 89th minute. I’m no Real Madrid expert but they’re pretty stacked in forward positions with Endrick and Mbappe coming in.

He might think that he’s too good to be a rotation player and wants more regular game-time at this stage of his career? He could be a starter for a lot of good teams imo and that could be in his thinking?

Maybe right. I haven't followed it closely tbh. I think i read somwhere though where it was said that they want to ease him in carefully because he is so young. Not because he's not good enough but they don't want to burn him out at an very early age. Like it has happened to young "super stars" before. Would be a dream signing but no, very very much can't see it happening really.

Guler on a permanent deal seems like pie in the sky but a season long loan may make sense.

He's at an age where playing regularly seems important, they might think a season in the Premier League would be good for his development rather than coming off the bench all season.

Might make a lot of sense for us if we're tight for funds and need to spend elsewhere. Would allow us to send Minteh out on loan for another year too if we think that's what is needed.

Edited by Shak

Man U transfer listing their entire squad apparently, with the exception of Garnacho, Hojlund and Mainoo. 

So basically any of the ones you’d actually want to buy. 

Edited by GeordieDazzler

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Man U transfer listing their entire squad apparently, with the exception of Garnacho, Hojlund and Marino. 

I'm guessing the rest feel valued. Hopefully that ends their season and no more points. 

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Man U transfer listing their entire squad apparently, with the exception of Garnacho, Hojlund and Marino. 

Mainoo will do then.

Edited by Gaztoon

8 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

How true that is I don't know, but more often than not they buy poor, then degrade players, so you're buying a poor player that's been made poorer, yet they expect a return, and dumb clubs pay it, you go there,you'll get burned.

i love the suggestion in that that Rashford is a direct like for like replacement for Mbappe at PSG...I mean he'd probably score reasonable amount for them but still

Edited by Tiresias

53 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

There's literally only Bruno Fernandes that's somewhat consistent, and his attitude is questionable, hes 29 already on 240k pw, he moves his last time if he did? He'd want a stupid salary.

They have no valuable assets in any of the players they'd want clubs to buy, there only lifeline for the majority is Saudi, and then you're looking at will they want to go there, will it work out ala Henderson. 

Steer clear, and let Sir Twatcliffe fail.

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Man U transfer listing their entire squad apparently, with the exception of Garnacho, Hojlund and Mainoo. 

We need to keep well away. Let them stew in the mess they've created for themselves, don't help them out by taking their overpriced castoffs from them to free up their wage bill. Let them rot.

Same with Chelsea. These are clubs that want to hold us back, that want to put a foot on our neck and keep us down, and will help the PL by voting for ever-newer rules just to stop us increasing our revenue. Now they're looking for people to buy their players because they're also in a mess? GTF.

Would only take their players after their contracts have expired. I don't doublt there's some decent players there who might be realistic (Gallacher?) but there's thousands of other options all over the world who will cost less, be just as good and won't help direct rivals in times of trouble.

39 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Would be an awful shame if the Saudi clubs were to offer £2m for someone Man Utd valued at £20m

Hopefully the Saudi clubs are under strict instructions not to do manure any favours.

I wouldn’t touch any of them due to their wages

If I really need to pick one, that French young kid CB would worth a try