NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, Sufi said:

I live in Vancouver and there’s a pub with all this authentic Beardsley memorabilia signed and everything. Super cool. 

It’s lovely coming across stuff like that. Memorabilia and reflections of what somebody meant to fans and what we meant to them. I came across an interview with Mirandinha (first Brazillian to play in English leagues) and when the interviewer asked him if he could recall his song, with an embarrassed look towards his child, he relayed it back; with a touch of pride. ‘Twas delightful. 

6 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

It’s lovely coming across stuff like that. Memorabilia and reflections of what somebody meant to fans and what we meant to them. I came across an interview with Mirandinha (first Brazillian to play in English leagues) and when the interviewer asked him if he could recall his song, with an embarrassed look towards his child, he relayed it back; with a touch of pride. ‘Twas delightful. 

"We've got Mirandinha 

He's not from Argentina 

He's from Brazil 

He's fucking brill"

Some interesting comments in this thread....

26 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

11mins 45 sec.... 

40 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

"We've got Mirandinha 

He's not from Argentina 

He's from Brazil 

He's fucking brill"

Some interesting comments in this thread....

Me and a lad from The Malting House, Felling, amidst much early morning drinking, made that up before an away game. Blackpool away in the cup, I think. 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Me and a lad from The Malting House, Felling, amidst much early morning drinking, made that up before an away game. Blackpool away in the cup, I think. 

I was 4-5 when he played for us and it wasn't until later in life I discovered we sang the word "fucking" in the chant, due to dad singing the words "and he is brill" around the house to avoid swearing in front of me as a kid. 

21 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I was 4-5 when he played for us and it wasn't until later in life I discovered we sang the word "fucking" in the chant, due to dad singing the words "and he is brill" around the house to avoid swearing in front of me as a kid. 

😂 

27 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Do that just now with with Bruno’s magic hat…

Bruno he is magic and he wears a magic hat, he could have signed for Arsenal but he said no to that…

Makes sense to buy Gallagher for the majority of our budget as we only have 6 players already that fit his profile, 3 of which are better than him.

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

2 full season and 5 transfer windows later, these "sky6" ITK accounts still trying to link their deadweight with us, not realising that we wouldn't be buying their "Rejects".

10 minutes ago, HalloNUFC said:

2 full season and 5 transfer windows later, these "sky6" ITK accounts still trying to link their deadweight with us, not realising that we wouldn't be buying their "Rejects".

Don't think he even gets in our current ( well next season)midfield of Tonali Bruno and Joelinton

Gallagher is a good player. Let's not do this again. :lol:

That said, it certainly isn't a priority position.

He's nailed on for Spurs IMO.

50 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

He only remotely makes sense in a world in which we sell Bruno and Tonali is the direct Bruno replacement. Not a world I want to think about.

I think quite a few of the players we're looking at are for that exact scenario. 

Not that I think we'll actively push Bruno out the door but we need to be able to act quickly should a club he's keen to join decide to trigger the clause.

Quality over quantity for next season.

If we qualify for europe and a £100m budget at a guess, a CB and RW for 40-50m each and whatever's left on a young striker. Not in europe then don't bother with the striker.

Edited by Beth

7 minutes ago, Beth said:

Quality over quantity for next season.

If we qualify for europe and a £100m budget at a guess, a CB and RW for 40-50m each and whatever's left on a young striker. Not in europe then don't bother with the striker.

Even not in Europe we need a third Striker. This season has proved it and Cal is a year older.

We need to be smarter at picking up loans while we build the squad, fringe and young players from elite clubs. Whilst we may develop them and not see the benefits, there is also a possible opportunity to build rapport pick them up long term down the road.

2 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Isak wanted by the Arse according to the Guardian :icon_puke_l:

I’d be surprised if there is any team in the world who doesn’t want him.

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

If they are willing to do this then we'll at least listen

Screen Shot 2024-04-18 at 2.15.20 PM.png

£100m mentioned. Wouldn't be enough for one of his nads.

15 minutes ago, sempuki said:

£100m mentioned. Wouldn't be enough for one of his nads.

He'll be knocking on the door for a pay rise if it's true.