NUFC Transfer Rumours

Just now, McCormick said:

Read the article, lads. Says we’re confident on Guehi but no funds for an rw; which I think we all assumed to be the case anyway.

Watching Minteh this season for Brighton while we have Almiron & Murphy on our right is going to be a sore one to take this season. 

6 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

It may not be his favourite position, but they're going to have to at least try Gordon on the right and play Barnes. We can't go a full season with Murphy and Miggy on the right 

If the club don’t sign a RW, I’d like to see the Willock and big Joe combo down the left again. 

Edited by JoeyBartoon

Just now, gdm said:

Watching Minteh this season for Brighton while we have Almiron & Murphy on our right is going to be a sore one to take this season. 

Did you see Minteh v Man Utd?

FWIW Howe's response to that question of "RW or CB pick one" (Which is a shitty question in general tbh), was "I'm not going to disrespect my players by answering that question". Which is as straight bat Eddie as you can get.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Read the article, lads. Says we’re confident on Guehi but no funds for an rw; which I think we all assumed to be the case anyway.

we have been confident for how many weeks? Seriously if you are CP would you sell Guehi now? For how much?

Its too late for CP to find a replacement. I would be very very surprised if they would let their captain go without replacement these few days.

more likely we would sign a CB from other leagues

Just now, KDT said:

Did you see Minteh v Man Utd?

He looked busy. Was involved with everything and was the bar width away from another assist. I’d take that over Almiron every game 

11 minutes ago, Menace said:

It made sense with Ornstein's claim that we bid for Olise. Goes to show we only had around £60m to spend and were wanting to splash it on a RW.

Instead we get another season of Miggy... ah man.

This is our choice though, nobody is putting a gun to our head and making us spend 70m ( :lol: ) on a centre half. 

Edited by r0cafella

Just now, 54 said:

FWIW Howe's response to that question of "RW or CB pick one" (Which is a shitty question in general tbh), was "I'm not going to disrespect my players by answering that question". Which is as straight bat Eddie as you can get.

I love him - he's a class act.

I don’t listen to Eddie Howe in regards to transfer information/ updates.

He will never give a proper update or speak the truth as he won’t want to give anyone else the upper hand 

Anything he says (might) impact a deal , might give a rival club a chance to nip in and scupper a deal , etc etc 

He will always straight bat every transfer question.

if we manage to spend £65m on a centre half , I suspect we will try to get a winger on loan with obligation (which might prove difficult)

if we don’t end up with 1st choice centre back and go for cheaper alternative , we might end up with RW too.

So he can’t really give an answer either as he won’t know what will pan out, or what we present itself in the next few days.

Edited by JonBez comesock

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Do what I do and watch NUFC instead of Brighton - much easier that way :) 

both were playing on different days this week mate. Dont want to turn it in go another minteh debate but point being our right side options are garbage 

Edited by gdm

Just now, gdm said:

both were playing on different days this week mate. Point being our right side options are garbage 

True enough :) I was only joking, but re the right side - I still think we have options at the club.  Up to the manager if he insists on only Almiron or Murphy out there.  Personally, I always felt Joelinton looks far better left wing than in midfield, and I’d happily see Gordon or Barnes on the right.  Not my call, of course - and Howe knows more than me, so it’s hard to argue.  

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Almiron won't play that much anyway. It'll either be Murphy or a switch to Barnes/Gordon on the wings. 

Which is a question why, because Charlotte would have paid (some) money for him that some in here said that would've freed up nearly 30 million is PSR limit. Hope we get an offer and a replacement for him in the last few days.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

He looked busy. Was involved with everything and was the bar width away from another assist. I’d take that over Almiron every game 

Here's the first 3 ratings he got on a Brighton forum for that performance - 

Minteh 5 -- what a prospect, gets fans out of their seats, needs to improve decision-making, had so many opportunities and fluffed pretty much all of them

Minteh 5 (still learning, he won't pass, but you can see that he'll be a huge threat).

Minteh - 4 - Ineffective against probably the best full back in the division. HIs replacement looked a lot more effective than him. I actually think this will do the lad some good, he needs to know the level he has to reach to stay in the side

30 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Depends.  What part of the statement isn’t true?

Well this wouldn’t be said in the street to anyone would it? Pathetic man and im not a true faith fan. 

Edited by Andy84