NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

If we don’t qualify for Europe then I will be amazed if Howe isn’t sacked.

Eales said Europe is the target. If we dont make Europe the season is not a success. So yes he will be under pressure, but they need to back him. Cant sit there talking about Europe if they dont help him.

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Bit harsh sacking him if you haven’t improved the first 11 in the last two transfer windows. If we do strengthen I agree there’s probably an argument to support him going if we don’t make Europe. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Probably even harder to speculate for certainty what position/pressure Howe is under, as we don't really know what remit Mitchell has been bought in for.

Just as much chance IMO, if this window hasn't gone to plan, and Howe is getting us back around the top 6 mix with Almiron/Murphy/Krafth/Longstaff getting plenty of minutes, he has more backing than a new DoF who wasn't even number 1 choice this summer. With Palace getting new owners possibly, it may make Freedman be revisited, rather than change the manager.

47 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

TBF we have no idea if we were even interested in the guy. 

Maybe not. As mentioned earlier on perhaps his character doesn’t align with the squad and the ‘no dickheads’ policy. Either way he’s going to cost a lot more now for any suitors.

You never know, with all the focus on Guehi, and then EH comments yesterday (we can't afford a CB as well as a RW), be funny if deadline day comes and we suddenly announce one of each,  alternative targets having medicals... deals that had been done under the radar that no-one knew anything about, whilst all the noise and focus was on the Guehi deal.

image.png.dbc05e603dedb967d8ad390390ad414a.png

Edited by TK-421

We don't have the same amount of games this season, and hopefully fitness, strain and injuries won't be as big of an issue. It should also give us an advantage towards our main rivals. 

However, our lack of quality cover at the back could cost us the first half of the season, as injuries and exhausted players did cost us a european spot last year.

22 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

We’ve definitely weakened overall, Anderson was improving, useful and trusted as an option, Minteh would be pushing for a start later in the season. Kelly is a good squad option, as is Osula but neither are starters. Ruddy and Vlad im not sure are even better than Karius. Hall we already had.

So far we have definitely weakened our options. I don’t like Man Us buys but all 5 of them you could see starting in their best XI. Ditto Brighton and West Ham. We have a good XI but defo need two starters, one at RW for sure

Minteh wasn't an option last season. So you're essentially comparing Anderson to Tonali and Kelly to Dummet/Ritchie, plus the addition of Osula. I'm not sure how anyone can say that is a weakening of options.

6 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Bit harsh sacking him if you haven’t improved the first 11 in the last two transfer windows. If we do strengthen I agree there’s probably an argument to support him going if we don’t make Europe. 

To be fair, Howe has said that he picks the transfer targets. He’s not removed from the process. I doubt Mitchell arrived to spend weeks negotiating Marc Guehi. 

Just now, J7 said:

To be fair, Howe has said that he picks the transfer targets. He’s not removed from the process. I doubt Mitchell arrived to spend weeks negotiating Marc Guehi. 

Why do people keep saying this man :lol: There is zero evidence that Howe is the one insisting on Guehi. We operate by transfer committee. 

1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

Why do people keep saying this man :lol: There is zero evidence that Howe is the one insisting on Guehi. We operate by transfer committee. 

Pretty sure Howe it been said that he has veto. Anyway that was how it was. Can´t see that it has changed. Absolutly know way Mitchell has picked the targets (and lack of them) this summer. Just started. 

3 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Howe literally said yesterday he has the final say on transfer targets. He’s talked about on 2 or 3 targets in a few positions. He’s obviously not solely to ‘blame’ if it goes wrong, but this attitude that he’s being hard done to if we don’t make signings is wrong in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, J7 said:

Howe literally said yesterday he has the final say on transfer targets. He’s talked about on 2 or 3 targets in a few positions. He’s obviously not solely to ‘blame’ if it goes wrong, but this attitude that he’s being hard done to if we don’t make signings is wrong in my opinion. 

That isn't the same as saying that Howe is insisting on Guehi or no-one. It's also not saying that Mitchell himself doesn't want Guehi. That's completely made up on your part.

Failure to get Europe minimum (Europa not Conference) and probably most likely Champions League, could well result in Bruno, Isac and Gordon (maybe others) leaving. Basically resetting the project before it has really started.

Some on here had a go at me when I said last season, that Howe is under big pressure this season. He most certainly is, but he's not being helped (so far) by necessary improvements to the starting 11. Still have two days, but failure to not get a centre half and a right winger incoming is a massive mistake imo

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Failure to get Europe minimum (Europa not Conference) and probably most likely Champions League, could well result in Bruno, Isac and Gordon (maybe others) leaving. Basically resetting the project before it has really started.

Some on here had a go at me when I said last season, that Howe is under big pressure this season. He most certainly is, but he's not being helped (so far) by necessary improvements to the starting 11. Still have two days, but failure to not get a centre half and a right winger incoming is a massive mistake imo

I don't get why we're even imagining this doomsday scenario TBH. Complete failure of a season and selling all our best players at the same time? Do normal fans go on about this stuff?

Got to remember we were extremely unlucky not to get in Europe last season. I can't be arsed to check, but it must be quite rare for the team 8th or below to win a domestic trophy to get European football.

All that whilst we had rotten season in terms of injuries.

Agree with the points made though - Howe would be gone with no Europe, but I do think we will finish at least 7th.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don't get why we're even imagining this doomsday scenario TBH. Complete failure of a season and selling all our best players at the same time? Do normal fans go on about this stuff?

Agree It's strange like. If these 4 or 5 top class players we have are as good as people say then we will be challenging top 6 anyway.

2 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

That isn't the same as saying that Howe is insisting on Guehi or no-one. It's also not saying that Mitchell himself doesn't want Guehi. That's completely made up on your part.

Nearly everything is made up though as we’re not flies on the wall in their transfer meetings. You go on what you see and hear and then give an opinion. I love Eddie Howe and he’s generally been great for us, but that doesn’t mean we have to pretend he’s faultless and Mitchell and Eales are these big baddies as some seem to be suggesting.

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Got to remember we were extremely unlucky not to get in Europe last season. I can't be arsed to check, but it must be quite rare for the team 8th or below to win a domestic trophy to get European football.

All that whilst we had rotten season in terms of injuries.

Agree with the points made though - Howe would be gone with no Europe, but I do think we will finish at least 7th.

First time in 14 years or something that it hasn't happened