NUFC Transfer Rumours

It’s a really interesting one this - all the talk season end was 5 (coming from the press briefings at the time) - we have signed 1 (Barnes and Maxi cancel each other out imo)

Livramento and Hall I would take in a heartbeat 

Then a CB and RCM/RWF if ever such a player can be sought 

24 minutes ago, El Jardinero said:

I love Big Dan but he's not a left back, and definitely not someone who can fend off opponents in the top 6 of the PL nor will he be against CL teams. 

Did you miss last season as that was exactly what he did?

2 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no , no.

lose Botman, and we’re stuffed

Burn would come in and be solid. Lascelles is just about passable for another year. At left back we're already in the equivalent of "lose Botman" because we don't have a good enough player there.

Just now, sempuki said:

Livramento, Hall/Tierney and Chiesa loan to buy would be magic.

What is key with Livramento and potentially someone like Hall, is that they won't occupy a squad place given their age. Thats big for keeping a couple of Ritchie, Dummett, Krafth, Targett and Manquillo. Although I expect at least one or two of them to get moved on this window. 

16 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Livramento - Hall - Miley - Anderson - Botman - Tonali - Isak - Gordon 

That covers you for almost a decade 

18 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no , no.

lose Botman, and we’re stuffed

If we sign a left-back then Burn steps in for Botman. 

31 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Almost perfect. Young RCB in January maybe. 

We have arguably got more depth at LB than CB but the depth isn't very good. We need a younger up and coming CB but a starting classy LB would be transformative. I don't think we are getting both this window but fingers crossed. 

CB: Botman, Schar, Lascelles, Burn, (Krafth, Dummett)

LB: Burn, Targett, Lewis, Dummett, Trippier, Manquillo, Ritchie  - At least Lewis and Manquillo are likely offski though.

I'd say there's two buckets here. 

Ones we're desperate to be rid of; Hendrick, Hayden, Fraser, Darlow, Lewis, Krafth, Dubravka.

Ones I'd be content shipping out provided we have the time to replace them; Targett, Murphy, Dummett, Burn

1 minute ago, Viana said:

Ones we're desperate to be rid of; Hendrick, Hayden, Fraser, Darlow, Lewis, Krafth, Dubravka.

Ones I'd be content shipping out provided we have the time to replace them; Targett, Murphy, Dummett, Burn

Targett, Murphy, Burn and Dubs shouldn’t be going anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Viana said:

I want Burn to retire here personally.

Can't be many negatives to having a giant geordie around the club keeping new players in check.

Absolutely top bloke aswell that deserves it and played a major role in keep us up.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Targett, Murphy, Burn and Dubs shouldn’t be going anywhere.

That's why I said if we can replace them in time. I like Burn a lot, same with Murphy and even Targett, but we're fast reaching the stage where we have to make difficult calls. Once you get past that first group I mentioned you're really talking about players that played a role last year. 

I'd imagine Dubravka will be on the way out as they'd likely prefer to have Gillespie as third choice given his home grown status. 

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

I want Burn to retire here personally.

Can't be many negatives to having a giant geordie around the club keeping new players in check.

Absolutely top bloke aswell that deserves it and played a major role in keep us up.

Yeah, but it's the hard calls we'll have to make. 

13 minutes ago, mrraspberryjam said:

Thats down to our defence playing well.

no, I mean Targett, who has been completely rubbish since back from injury. I ain’t kidding.

17 minutes ago, Viana said:

This is one of the more mental things I've read recently.

We are "desperate" to get rid of our second best goalkeeper? And second best right back?

Also why would you be content shipping out 3 players who helped us get 4th last year?

What benefit is there in selling Murphy or Burn for example? You wouldn't get a replacement for the money we would get. 

The only players Howe will be keen to see that back of, are the ones who aren't currently with the squad in the US, namely Hendrick, Fraser an Co.

21 minutes ago, mrraspberryjam said:

Define "completely rubbish"

= Targetts performance these six months.

those who say he is “reliable” as a LB now, I can only assume he didn’t really watch the game and just look at stats or past memories. 

27 minutes ago, Zero said:

no, I mean Targett, who has been completely rubbish since back from injury. I ain’t kidding.

Which games has he been completely rubbish in since he returned from injury?

I think the only thing I remember about Targett last year was him getting absolute skinned by Iwobi at Goodison, falling on the floor, only for Pope to make a great save from DCL. That’s about it. 

All in all, he’s poor. Contract he’s on also stings.