NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, arnonel said:

My only ask for new signings, besides backup to Trippier, would be someone who can unlock a game with something special. Whether that is with a good pass, dribble, etc, doesnt matter. 

Also dont mind what position this is in. 

Someone that you hold you breath when they get the ball. Someone who gets you off your feet. 

We had one but just sold him. 

32 minutes ago, arnonel said:

My only ask for new signings, besides backup to Trippier, would be someone who can unlock a game with something special. Whether that is with a good pass, dribble, etc, doesnt matter. 

Someone that you hold you breath when they get the ball. Someone who gets you off your feet. 

ASM?

:snod:

Guest reefatoon
37 minutes ago, arnonel said:

We had two former managers who used to hang all their hopes on “that bit of magic” and both of them were devoid of any managerial or tactical know how and were completely clueless.

Dont come out sounding like Pardew and Bruce, it isn’t a good look [emoji38]

I have said that I want a creative player with flair as well as decent pace. Personally I’ve never seen ASM as the solution for this. Especially against teams defending deep. I’m hopeful that they will get someone in for that right side. If not then I can see us dropping much more points than we would with one in, despite dominating the game overall. Think teams will be more aware and most importantly less naive when they play us. Especially the lesser teams.

Edited by Ikon

41 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The question is, do we have another Bruno/Isak/Tonali type signing left in us?

If by those names you mean £50M+ signings then I dont think so. I reckon we could only afford to get one more player in if we were to pay Isak money.

But I can see two more coming in at £25M/£30M each and then perhaps a loan with option to buy. 

2 hours ago, arnonel said:

google Isak Everton Assist

12 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Think we really need another right sided forward player. Almiron/Murphy doesn't cut the mustard for a top 4 side with CL commitments. I think we need a new left back too. Id be happy if we got both. 

Sschh! We have enough wide options..

45 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Because we are another Bruno injury from our season being torpedoed. 

Isn’t that what we bought Tonali for?

If it isn’t then we have to question the point of it.

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Think we really need another right sided forward player. Almiron/Murphy doesn't cut the mustard for a top 4 side with CL commitments. I think we need a new left back too. Id be happy if we got both. 

not sure what Gallagher offers. Bit of a headless chicken, who’s got a great engine and runs/presses, but do we need more of that type, or do we need to start shifting towards more technically gifted players, who can unlock defences?

I think the latter

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Conor Gallagher been made available for £35 million, can’t see us being interested anymore, however we do seem to go in for long term targets when they are available.

no-thanks-no-thank-you.gif

2 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I agree about Almiron/Murphy, but our priority should be a left back. I thought a LB would be the top priority during this transfer window.

I love Big Dan but he's not a left back, and definitely not someone who can fend off opponents in the top 6 of the PL nor will he be against CL teams.