NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Maybe a slightly out there opinion but Hall could be the most significant signing of the summer if we could get him in. We’ve been desperate for a genuine threat from LB. 

4 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Maybe a slightly out there opinion but Hall could be the most significant signing of the summer if we could get him in. We’ve been desperate for a genuine threat from LB. 

Would be an excellent signing. Don’t think Chelsea would let him go though.

15 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Left-back and/or a centre-back would be perfect. Has that one that can play both that we were linked with earlier in the window from Holland (I think) been snapped up yet?

Bakker? Yeh moved to Atalanta.

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

Tonali, Barnes, Livramento, and Hall looks very tasty. We could do with another Italian though. Maybe one who's Da was also pretty decent back in the day.

Loan with obligation to buy. Juve have a past with doing it for both outgoings and incomings.

Just bring me a RW ffs :lol: absolutely clamming

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Loan with obligation to buy. Juve have a past with doing it for both outgoings and incomings.

You got one in January :) 

I'm all in on Tierney IF he stays fit. He'd be perfect.

Hall is an unknown for me really, but I thought he was very good against us last season.

Just to add as well, I will shit my legs clean off if we get Chiesa.

Not arsed if we need a loan of two to pad the squad out fully. Never been one for "obligation to buy" being a deal-breaker. If FFP is still tight or our first choices aren't available yet, and a loan tides us over until next year when we're in a better financial position then great.

They weren't brilliant (one was turd) but Sabitzer and Weghorst  might have just filled Man Utd out enough to see them over the line for a cup and 3rd place last season.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Hall…

“Adding more smoke to the fire is his recent social media activity where he had started following NUFC and some of our players. He is also represented by Wasserman; the same agency that look after Eddie Howe, Harvey Barnes and Tino Livramento. No smoke without fire!?” 

Assuming Barnes and Tino get sorted, I really hope we have one massive signing left in us. Sure, might be a loan for a CB or LB before that though but hoping we are keeping something big that will really complete a good window and show that we mean business. 

1 minute ago, cranna said:

Also, his stats are not very convincing so far. He might be another Ekitike.

Think it’s early to be making any judgements on Ekitike. His attitude might be a barrier but his ability is not 

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Your avatar man [emoji38]

Desperately want Hall now. Seems like a great fit for our project.

You could also probably post the above about almost everyone linked this summer, and the next ten linked, such is our wealth of transfer rumour riches this summer. Hall's versatility is a bonus though and if they are taking Ollie Harrison from our youth system I want revenge.

Newcastle target boyhood fan as agent and family ties aid pursuit of Chelsea talent

July 21, 2023 Olly Hawkins

Earlier today, we released an NUFC Blog exclusiveon Newcastle’s interest in Chelsea talent Lewis Hall; a boyhood Toon fan who has more than one link to the club. 

It must be said that Chelsea are in no rush to sell the 18-year-old left-back following his breakthrough season at Stamford Bridge, but there’s a few factors at play that could work in our favour.

He comes from a family of Toon supporters. His father, Colin, is a Geordie, while his grandfather and older brother – who currently plays for National League side Solihull Moors – are both avid Newcastle fans. 

Speaking to The Chronicle two years ago, Hall’s younger brother admitted that the Berkshire-born pair would watch Newcastle whenever they played at Reading in the Premier League.

Additionally, it’s interesting to note that the young defender is represented by the same agency (Wasserman) as Eddie Howe, Harrison Ashby and two incoming signings in Harvey Barnes and Tino Livramento. This only means so much, but would aid lines of communication if we were to pursue a deal and suggests strong, pre-existing links between Wasserman and Newcastle.

As reported in our exclusive, Chelsea are unlikely to do us any favours and will demand a heft fee for the England youth international. However, it can only help that the player has ties to Tyneside and an agency who have been dealing with Newcastle United reps on a regular basis in recent weeks and months.