NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I hope we dont sign Neves like. Thats far too on the nose like and its really difficult to defend it as not blatant cheating. 

Its nothing like Udinese/Granada/Watford or Man City and NYFC

Eh? Please describe how the intent is any different from the above? Is getting Neves dodgy? Hell yes, but the multi-club model is equally as dodgy. 

13 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Eh? Please describe how the intent is any different from the above? Is getting Neves dodgy? Hell yes, but the multi-club model is equally as dodgy. 

Taking the club captain and best player of a PL team and then loaning him to another PL team within 6 months is different to moving players between a multi club model like.

Watford and Udinese aren't right, but there's it's nowhere near the scale of us taking Neves. 

I couldn't give a flying fuck whether it's seen as cheating or not. Bring him in. 

Liverpool & Manure have been using their clout with refs for decades. Chelsea & Citeh have bought everything that moved with questionable sources of money (can throw Everton in there as well) West Ham were given a free 60k stadium at taxpayers cost. 

Eze, Calvert-Lewin and McTominay are all out of contract in 2025, which means they are going to be entering their final year in the summer, expect us to be all over these if they don't sign new contracts.

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Taking the club captain and best player of a PL team and then loaning him to another PL team within 6 months is different to moving players between a multi club model like.

Watford and Udinese aren't right, but there's it's nowhere near the scale of us taking Neves. 

Fair and yeah, moves to the top of the heap in regards to dodgy dealings. :thup:

They signed him for 47m, therefore 45m is going to be fair. If we aren't prepared to pay that, we mustn't value him that much.

And I know people are saying we don't have FFP wriggle room yada yada, I just don't buy it. 

I highly doubt a 6 month loan is a priority unless there's an option/obligation.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I highly doubt a 6 month loan is a priority unless there's an option/obligation.

Ashworth mentioned that a lot of our currently-injured players should be back by January. We're in a bit of a panic at the moment but I think the club thinks in much broader strokes so a 6-month loan might seem a bit unnecessary in their eyes.

10 minutes ago, STM said:

I know people scoff at his injury record and dress sense but DCL under Eddie Howe would be a fucking monster.

We have enough of injury prone strikers. This won’t happen! 

13 minutes ago, Ikon said:

We have enough of injury prone strikers. This won’t happen! 

It will at the right price, I think used in rotation and managed properly DLC would be very good for us, currently Everton treat him like we used to treat Wilson under cabbage head, run the poor fucker into the ground. 

10 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

It will at the right price, I think used in rotation and managed properly DLC would be very good for us, currently Everton treat him like we used to treat Wilson under cabbage head, run the poor fucker into the ground. 

Agree to disagree. I’d bet my house on it not happening. Age, wages, injuries and so on. Would have been a different matter a while back. 

Edited by Ikon

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Snippets from the Ashworth interview posted in the Tonali thread:

We always look two windows in advance, so we will have planned for what we will try to do to strengthen the team in the summer of 2024.

If the right opportunities come in January we don’t mind bringing that forward. We did that with Anthony Gordon last January. We brought that forward when we had the opportunity. Nothing is any different.

What we always try to do is have that flexibility. So, what we have said to the recruitment team is, we could get an injury, we could get a suspension and there might be a player who wants to go. So, we have to have that agility.

We obviously know we are going to be without Sandro for the rest of the season. But we’ve got quite a number of midfield players and we have a number of players who can play in different positions. You saw that the other night [knocking Manchester United out of the Carabao Cup] and that is one of the strengths of the squad. We’ve got a few injuries, but fingers crossed they are back and ready for January anyway.

To answer the question, we’ve got a number of things we can do. It might not be a like-for-like replacement for Sandro. It could be a player who can play in a different position or multiple positions.

It could be that young Lewis Miley gets more minutes and comes to the fore between now and January. We might look in a different area of the pitch.

But obviously it is a blow losing Sandro. He was one of our big signings in a key area of the pitch.

He was going to be one of our most influential players so we have to do everything in our power to make sure the squad is as competitive as possible going into the second half of the season.

We do have a little bit of flexibility and we are able to look at the market. But there are lots of ways to do it. Whether it is a straight loan or a loan with an obligation or an option. You can sign a player and monetise it with a long contract. We are going to have to be quite creative, but we do want to be active.

Sounds promising. Reads like they are looking already.

For Neves I think you'd do a loan with a small fee with a buy option in the summer. 

In that context I honestly don't see how it can be disputed if we're paying his wages. It's no different in reality to another signing where player is signed for big fee but becomes unsettled and ends up leaving in such a way.

It's going to be a common story with a lot of Saudi League players anyway. We might as well get involved just like we did in selling Maxi.

Romain Faivre was on loan at Lorient for the second half of last season from Lyon, Bournemouth signed him in the summer and loaned him to Lorient for the season with an option to buy at the end of it.

Us signing Neves on loan with an option to buy isn’t any worse.

Do you really think we'd sign a Neves or other 40/50m midfielder, with tonali coming back in summer? That'd give us Bruno, Tonali, Neves(eg), Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, Anderson, and Miley coming through 

Seems overkill to me imo, I could see us doing a loan for him or someone else which enables us to stick to the 'plan' that the club clearly has

14 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Do you really think we'd sign a Neves or other 40/50m midfielder, with tonali coming back in summer? That'd give us Bruno, Tonali, Neves(eg), Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, Anderson, and Miley coming through 

Seems overkill to me imo, I could see us doing a loan for him or someone else which enables us to stick to the 'plan' that the club clearly has

I don't think we will, but too many options isn't a bad thing.