NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

He won’t start but there’s a good chance we’ll see a bit more of Ritchie in the coming weeks. He might be done at premiership level but at least he’ll work his bollocks off. Can put in a decent cross too.

Aye I can see Ritchie playing at Old Trafford, like. Against Man City the midfield was Miley, Tonali and Hall and only one of them will be available - not that I can see Hall playing there again as he looked absolutely lost in that game. 

2 hours ago, black_n_white said:

He won’t start but there’s a good chance we’ll see a bit more of Ritchie in the coming weeks. He might be done at premiership level but at least he’ll work his bollocks off. Can put in a decent cross too.

He’s been done at top level for half a decade. I understand him being decent for morale or whatever behind the scenes but I’m uncomfortable with him having the place in the squad he does and have been for a while. Surely personalities worth listening to don’t spend year after year warming benches into retirement instead of playing football? 

Edited by Ronaldo

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

He’s been done at top level for half a decade. I understand him being decent for morale or whatever behind the scenes but I’m uncomfortable with him having the place in the squad he does and have been for a while. Surely personalities worth listening to don’t spent year after year warming benches into retirement instead of playing football? 

Agree, if we learned anything from the game against Dortmund, it's that you can't get by with squad players against the top class teams. I'm not that fussed about games against the likes of Wolves or Fulham, but against top 4 contenders and in the CL we'll pay the price of not having players who can hurt them.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Aye I can see Ritchie playing at Old Trafford, like. Against Man City the midfield was Miley, Tonali and Hall and only one of them will be available - not that I can see Hall playing there again as he looked absolutely lost in that game. 

I thought Hall played well in that game.

We spent like 70m on backup fullbacks, we absolutley need to use them in this crunch period. Particularly with their versatility. Hall can play LCM, so use him there. Livramento can play RB/RW, so use him there. Targett is also chomping for some game time as well. 

3 hours ago, TRon said:

Agree, if we learned anything from the game against Dortmund, it's that you can't get by with squad players against the top class teams. I'm not that fussed about games against the likes of Wolves or Fulham, but against top 4 contenders and in the CL we'll pay the price of not having players who can hurt them.

Don’t even think we would get away with playing Ritchie against Wolves or Fulham, he’s been done at this level for years.

17 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Don’t even think we would get away with playing Ritchie against Wolves or Fulham, he’s been done at this level for years.

The champions league was always going to test the squad depth and quality. We were awesome against PSG but Dortmund probably exposed some of our limitations. The squad is being built but games against elite well drilled sides will eventually come unstuck with players like Miggy in the side. As Tron has said above too we need more players who can finish top teams off and I don’t think we have that just yet. Gordon has been excellent but he’s still work in progress to a point and will get better. Another striking option goal scoring winger etc  

Can’t help but feel we will sign a 6 next summer - we’ve got Tripper and after him Livramento at right back, and sooner rather than later Hall will be first choice LB. So we will need another player to sit as we will lose that from the LB spot.

6 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Can’t help but feel we will sign a 6 next summer - we’ve got Tripper and after him Livramento at right back, and sooner rather than later Hall will be first choice LB. So we will need another player to sit as we will lose that from the LB spot.

I've wondered this too once Hall is in the first 11, though looking at our current midfield options of Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, and Anderson / Miley....surely one of them would need to make way if we planned on purchasing another midfielder 

11 minutes ago, janpawel said:

I've wondered this too once Hall is in the first 11, though looking at our current midfield options of Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, and Anderson / Miley....surely one of them would need to make way if we planned on purchasing another midfielder 

Yeah agreed, I imagine if we had a 6, Bruno and tonali would be the first choice 8’s. Willock and Joelinton back up, not bad. In fact, if we signed a 6 and Hall became first choice, we are only an elite RW away from having a very good first and second choice 11:

Pope; Trippier Schar Botman Hall; new 6 Bruno Tonali; New RW Isak Gordon

Pope; Livramento Lascelles Burn Targett; Longstaff Willock Joelinton; Almiron Wilson Barnes.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

We never do those type of signings despite plenty of links

Seems like we have genuine interest but then they sign for another big club in the PL or Europe or sometimes a smaller club where they’re likely to get more first team football before they transition to a bigger club. Think we’ve just been beaten to the signings rather than dropped our interest but that’ll change at some point 

The good news is that IF we sign someone in January, it will likely be an attacking player, given where our injuries currently lie. 

Would love a versatile young forward in the mould of Joao Pedro. 

Except better obvs.

Edited by STM