NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

31 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Do you think? I get the feeling it's harder to find a quality attacker.

To find someone with Isak's specific profile and level of potential wouldn't be easy either, but I think we would at least be able to find a goalscorer to tide us over until such a player was available to sign. Replacing Wilson before replacing Isak could be one way of looking at it, although how much longer Wilson will be kept around is also up for debate for some. 

I think Bruno in the next couple of years will cement his status as one of the best midfielders in the world - if he leaves us, my expectation would have to be that it would be for a Barcelona or a Madrid (don't want to consider the idea he could end up at City). You only have to look at our performances and results when he isn't playing to see how he functions as the lynchpin of the whole side - there simply aren't many players around who can bring everything that he offers. Identifying and signing them would be incredibly difficult. 

20 minutes ago, Beth said:

What percentage of that Sela deal was spent in the summer? I know we will be due some money from the CL but it won't be that much.

The Adidas sponsorship deal reputed to be £40 million a year will be available for the summer window.

I have absolutely nothing against Hall, but we lost out on Pedro for similar type of money we paid/will pay for Hall. I honestly feel like Pedro would've been an absolute cracking signing for us and really versatile too.

1 minute ago, Menace said:

I have absolutely nothing against Hall, but we lost out on Pedro for similar type of money we paid/will pay for Hall. I honestly feel like Pedro would've been an absolute cracking signing for us and really versatile too.

I think about Pedro often. Obviously glad we got Isak instead, but I wish we went back for him. We could really use someone like him right now.

The summer recruitment looked a lot like it had squad balance in mind, with two players available in every position. Not that I agree with it, but it seems as though that's what they were going for. 

In theory you had...

Pope, Trippier, Schar, Botman, Targett, Bruno, Longstaff, Willock, Almiron, Isak, Gordon

And...

Dubravka, Livramento, Lascalles, Burn, Hall, Joelinton, Tonali, Anderson, Murphy, Wilson, Barnes 

Krafth, Dummett, Miley and Ritchie to spare.

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I think about Pedro often. Obviously glad we got Isak instead, but I wish we went back for him. We could really use someone like him right now.

Could easily play with each other. Isak up top, Pedro SS/RW/LW, would've been absolutely saucy and they would compliment each other very well.

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The summer recruitment looked a lot like it had squad balance in mind, with two players available in every position. Not that I agree with it, but it seems as though that's what they were going for. 

In theory you had...

Pope, Trippier, Schar, Botman, Targett, Bruno, Longstaff, Willock, Almiron, Isak, Gordon

And...

Dubravka, Livramento, Lascalles, Burn, Hall, Joelinton, Tonali, Anderson, Murphy, Wilson, Barnes 

Krafth, Dummett, Miley and Ritchie to spare.

Looking at this we're back to a full eleven out of action...

Pope, Trippier, Lascalles, Targett, Tonali, Willock, Anderson, Murphy, Wilson, Barnes

Wonderbar

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Looking at this we're back to a full eleven out of action...

Pope, Trippier, Lascalles, Targett, Tonali, Willock, Anderson, Murphy, Wilson, Barnes

Wonderbar

Who's this eleventh guy, Wonderbar?

1 hour ago, Menace said:

That's solely on the transfer fee, we dont know the differences between the entire deals, wages, bonuses, incidentals (agents etc), there's also what is seen as the players ages and ceilings. You can't really co.pare them as much as I'd have loved to have Pedro here as well 

How many do you think we'll get then? I'll go one on loan. I'd be tempted to bring kuol back he ain't playing in Holland might aswell bring him back bit of pace on our bench with Wilson aka mister glass out injured. And before people say he's too young he ain't playing games in Holland we are desperate. 

Edited by andycap

4 hours ago, dcmk said:

Doesn't the fact that we have added a lot of new sponsorships deals mean that we no longer need to sell?

4 hours ago, Beth said:

What percentage of that Sela deal was spent in the summer? I know we will be due some money from the CL but it won't be that much.

We haven’t added a lot of new sponsorships.  We added Sela - which brought in an extra c.£20m.  It’s very, very likely that we’d need to sell to buy anyone who isn’t cheap in Jan.

The CL money for the groups would most likely have already been spent for FFP purposes in the summer.  The club are unlikely to leave it for January.  It’s not about cash flow - that’s not going to be a problem for our owners.  It’s the FFP stuff - and that is for accounts for year, not month-by-month. 

5 hours ago, sempuki said:

Say we do have to sell one of Bruno, Isak or Botman, who do you vote for? Like deciding whether to stab yourself in your eyes, balls or cock.....

Bruno, if it came down to losing a body part

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Bruno, if it came down to losing a body part

Man I love Botman and especially love Isak but isn't the stat that we have yet to win if Bruno wasn't playing?

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Man I love Botman and especially love Isak but isn't the stat that we have yet to win if Bruno wasn't playing?

1 minute ago, andycap said:

I wouldn't he's never really injured isak is never really fit. 

We don’t win without Bruno statistically, it’s true.  But I do think Bruno is more  replaceable - there are more quality midfielders kicking around than centre backs and forwards atm. 

Isak is lethal when half fit - the lad has buckets of potential.  Replacing a player on track for a 20-goal-season isn’t straightforward 

Surely selling Botman over Bruno makes more sense?! Quality game-running central midfielders are like rocking horse shit. Quality CBs are nowhere near as difficult to find. 
Lascelles came in and did a half decent job in Botman’s absence. It’s not like we fell apart after the Botman injury. Bruno goes down and we really are fucked!

Just now, Holmesy said:

Surely selling Botman over Bruno makes more sense?! Quality game-running central midfielders are like rocking horse shit. Quality CBs are nowhere near as difficult to find. 
Lascelles came in and did a half decent job in Botman’s absence. It’s not like we fell apart after the Botman injury. Bruno goes down and we really are fucked!

We’d make a lot more profit from Bruno = more money to spend.

Our back line has been badly exposed without Botman - and he’s clearly still unfit.  I think you’re looking at a player is who likely to be one of the world’s best centre halves in the next few years.  Bruno is at his peak now. 

34 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We haven’t added a lot of new sponsorships.  We added Sela - which brought in an extra c.£20m.  It’s very, very likely that we’d need to sell to buy anyone who isn’t cheap in Jan.

The CL money for the groups would most likely have already been spent for FFP purposes in the summer.  The club are unlikely to leave it for January.  It’s not about cash flow - that’s not going to be a problem for our owners.  It’s the FFP stuff - and that is for accounts for year, not month-by-month. 

The Adidas kit deal must be worth a few bob.