NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I wonder if we could get much for Fraser from Southampton? Sounds like he's been a very good player for them and might want him for the promotion chase. Contract rums until 2025 so perhaps £5m - £8m?

We should let him go for nothing if they'll take on his wages.

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

If you have a spare hour, the Kevin Maguire interview on Loaded Mag is decent. The basic summary is that we're probably close to our FFP limit now. 'Would a £40m signing be a problem? Probably not' is one of the things I remember him saying. 

Surely the dosh from CL gives us some wiggle room?

8 minutes ago, duo said:

This is what I thought, and also the big rises in sponsorship already. They’re not crazy deals but still more than any club outside of the big 6 right? Also the Adidas kit deal is supposed to be a big jump on what we currently have. 

Maybe it’s a case of that extra revenue (CL money and obviously the kit deal) not being accounted for in our FFP yet? But the SELA deal should be making a difference already.

Another thought I had is that they are still making a conscious effort to not appear as though we have a blank cheque book so that selling clubs don’t take the piss. If you compare Man City and Man Utd in that regard, the difference is massive. Man Utd get taken the piss out of much more than Man City because clubs know that in the end they will pay up. Even though Man City have more (or at least on par) spending power than Man Utd they are very shrewd and never pay extortionate fees, maybe excluding Grealish.

4 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Im surprised we havent signed any of the saudi lads on loan

I’m not, don’t think we ever intended to. In that TV interview with Ashworth early November the club were fishing and the cartel clubs quickly took the bait and convened a meeting to make the FMV rules more onerous. I’m sure, although no proof, that the club are building a case against FMV certainly and hopefully FFP.

Wouldn’t mind Leny Yoro like. Not sure if realistic considering the clubs linked and price From the little I have seen of him he looks bloody fantastic and would be ideal for us. 

Edit, probably the wrong thread but..

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Selling a non-first teamer? We trying to scrabble together £100,000 - £500,000 worth of player sales?

The wages are what matter for a lot of these. For example, Fraser on £2.1m (not sure how much Southampton are covering). Even if we sell no one in January, we have the following (potentially) coming off the books at the end of June:

- Krafth: £2.86m

- Ritchie: £2.34m

- Hendrick: £2.10m

- Dummett: £1.82m

- Manquillo: £1.82m

While that might not seem like a ton, just those five account for about 6-10% of our wage bill and they are, for the most part, entirely inconsequential to our performance. I didn't include Lascelles as my assumption is we'll extend him. There's also Karius and Gillespie on ~£500k each. Fraser and Lewis both go through 24-25 (that's another £4.1m combined).

I don't know what we'll do this January, but I'm pretty hopeful that the next three windows (Summer '24, January '25, Summer '25) will be lively. Adidas, Sela, new revenue streams, 21/22 out of the three year period, a likely player sale or two, and these burdensome wages starting to disappear. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’d absolutely love to get Ritchie, Hendrick, Hayden or Manquillo off the books properly but I can’t see it happening with any of them. Do we even know what the situation is with how much wages we’re covering for Hayden or Hendrick?

7 hours ago, r0cafella said:

He was past it for the last year at Liverpool, 6 months on holiday in Saudi and he’s begging to come back? No thanks avoid like the plague. Adds absolutely nothing to us. 

This. He’s finished.

4 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

The wages are what matter for a lot of these. For example, Fraser on £2.1m (not sure how much Southampton are covering). Even if we sell no one in January, we have the following (potentially) coming off the books at the end of June:

- Krafth: £2.86m

- Ritchie: £2.34m

- Hendrick: £2.10m

- Dummett: £1.82m

- Manquillo: £1.82m

While that might not seem like a ton, just those five account for about 6-10% of our wage bill and they are, for the most part, entirely inconsequential to our performance. I didn't include Lascelles as my assumption is we'll extend him. There's also Karius and Gillespie on ~£500k each. Fraser and Lewis both go through 24-25 (that's another £4.1m combined).

I don't know what we'll do this January, but I'm pretty hopeful that the next three windows (Summer '24, January '25, Summer '25) will be lively. Adidas, Sela, new revenue streams, 21/22 out of the three year period, a likely player sale or two, and these burdensome wages starting to disappear. 

I’m expecting Manquillo and Hendrick to be gone.

I think Dummett will get another year, Krafth will if the club has confidence in his fitness, and Ritchie might if he’s a player / coach and on a vastly reduced wage

5 hours ago, duo said:

5 hours ago, Joey47 said:

This is what I thought, and also the big rises in sponsorship already. They’re not crazy deals but still more than any club outside of the big 6 right? Also the Adidas kit deal is supposed to be a big jump on what we currently have. 

Maybe it’s a case of that extra revenue (CL money and obviously the kit deal) not being accounted for in our FFP yet? But the SELA deal should be making a difference already.

Another thought I had is that they are still making a conscious effort to not appear as though we have a blank cheque book so that selling clubs don’t take the piss. If you compare Man City and Man Utd in that regard, the difference is massive. Man Utd get taken the piss out of much more than Man City because clubs know that in the end they will pay up. Even though Man City have more (or at least on par) spending power than Man Utd they are very shrewd and never pay extortionate fees, maybe excluding Grealish.

No, the CL revenue would have already been sank in the summer.  We knew we were in the group stage.  Getting knocked out means no more revenue - even staying in the UEFA Cup would have potentially meant millions more coming in.  You don’t need to wait until it has come in - FFP is in the football financial year.  

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m expecting Manquillo and Hendrick to be gone.

I think Dummett will get another year, Krafth will if the club has confidence in his fitness, and Ritchie might if he’s a player / coach and on a vastly reduced wage

I’m ok with these feel good extensions if we do it at much reduced wages. Not £2m plus. 

And I seriously hope we don’t bring Krafth back unless it’s with the intent to sell him if we think there’s a market. Trippier / Tino / Burn / Hall / Targett is more than enough at FB and he’s on way too much money.

35 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I’m ok with these feel good extensions if we do it at much reduced wages. Not £2m plus. 

And I seriously hope we don’t bring Krafth back unless it’s with the intent to sell him if we think there’s a market. Trippier / Tino / Burn / Hall / Targett is more than enough at FB and he’s on way too much money.

Dummett being an academy product means that he’ll probably be kept if we’re in Europe (and he’s not as old as he sometimes seems) as much as anything.  Agreed re Krafth.  

I suppose it will be 3-5 years down the track when those outer squad roles are filled by talented academy youngsters like at City and Liverpool. Our youth arent good enough currently, hence we are overpaying 

old pro's like Ritchie, Dummett, Manquillo, Krafth etc. 

10 hours ago, Ikon said:

Wouldn’t mind Leny Yoro like. Not sure if realistic considering the clubs linked and price From the little I have seen of him he looks bloody fantastic and would be ideal for us. 

Looks like he's going to be world class very soon

3 hours ago, aussiemag said:

I suppose it will be 3-5 years down the track when those outer squad roles are filled by talented academy youngsters like at City and Liverpool. Our youth arent good enough currently, hence we are overpaying 

old pro's like Ritchie, Dummett, Manquillo, Krafth etc. 

Think that’s what it’ll be. Likes of Heffernan, Neave, Shahar, Sanusi etc are about 2-3 years from being battle ready if they live up to their potential. However, Murphy is already that age and hasn’t been trusted by Howe really, even when Schar and Lascelles have been limping about during games.

Some academy players are only in the academy to make up the numbers and the club will have no expectation they ever play at PL level - including most of the new boys.

Bringing them in was about raising the overall standard as the few players who will make it need to be in a good enough team and training squad to progress. A lot of the new academy signings will be league 1 or 2 level players. And that’s fine, that’s the deal - they make up the numbers in the academy and in return get top level coaching so they can have a career as a professional footballer - just don’t expect a load of 18 or 19 year olds bought for the academy to all be first teamers in 3 years.

5 hours ago, r0cafella said:

No point keeping anyone who can’t contribute imo. 

Agreed. What’s the point in keeping Dummett to play 2 games a season?

Unless they are on academy equivalent wages, Dummett and co. should be moved on. 

I thought Krafth might be able to contribute during the injury crisis but Howe rarely played him. If Howe isn’t going to play him, let him go.  

On 06/01/2024 at 19:27, SUPERTOON said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if they just take what we can in terms of cup progression, write-off this season, save further signings for summer targets, and return to the original planned timeline; which possibly had Champions League next year. I would be disappointed though.

13 hours ago, Ikon said:

Or Scalvini - Scalvini plays all 4 positions at the back and at 6

2 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Or Scalvini - Scalvini plays all 4 positions at the back and at 6

Read a lot about him but not seen much at all tbh. Does he have a lot of pace? Leny Yoro is probably out of our reach but damn he looks good.