NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

New Mark Douglas article...

Any January bids for Bruno will be rejected.

Philips wants the move.

We're looking at new deals for Miley and Botman.

We're very confident Ashworth stays.

...we need more.  Raphinha please (if available).  He'd suit our style of play so well and give us that injection of creativity we're just lacking.

I have very low expectations for this window. Think we’ll end up with Phillips and that’ll be it. 

saw some vague Twitter rumours about scouting Gyokeres. Both strikers from Sweden would interesting 

Edited by gdm

I don’t expect will we divert far from the course we had outlined even for a injury crisis, navigating FFP for the mid/long term will be a bigger priority than short term adjustments for short term gain.

Having said that, if the right deal is there for the right player we will go for it like the Gordon transfer last winter.

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Gotten very negative all of a sudden. Thought there’d be more activity, especially when we need bodies now.

Ffp restrictions

Hope and praying injured players due back

Most loan stuff happens towards the end of the window

Lack of money sales/ movement making players surplus elsewhere

Can see the reason why the delay or lack of movement just been spoilt the last few years so doing not alot feels like going  backwards.

Edited by nufcjmc

What are people expecting spending wise in the summer if we keep our powder dry this month as expected

60-70 million I reckon

Edited by jack j

1 minute ago, jack j said:

What are people expecting spending wise in the summer if we keep our powder dry this month as expected

60-70 million I reckon

Plus sales.

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Plus sales.

We going to have to wheel and deal as 9 players currently out of contract so if they don't sign extensions we get more wage wiggle room but 28m gone on hall.

Potentionally 3 ready for the first team desperately if we spend 40m a player that's 150m spent not sure if we will have that much.

Budget may also depend who we can sell in terms of fees they bring in and if we are in Europe next season. 

Edited by nufcjmc

1 minute ago, nufcjmc said:

We going to have to wheel and deal as 9 players currently out of contract so if they don't sign extensions we get more wage wiggle room but 28m gone on hall.

Potentionally 3 ready for the first team desperately if we spend 40m a player that's 150m spent not sure if we will have that much.

Budget may also depend who we can sell in terms of fees they bring in and if we are in Europe next season. 

Few quid for Fraser and/or save the last £3.5m of his contract. Then it’s squad player sales potentially, likes of Murphy, Miggy, Wilson, Burn etc. Nuclear option is the Bruno exit.

Think Lascelles will sign on for another year or two as cover, if he does maybe even sell next summer or in January 2025 to recoup a few quid. It’ll be a wheeler dealer fest this year I reckon.

Gut feeling is what they’ll want to do is something along these lines in the summer:

Released end of contract: Ritchie, Dummett, Karius or Gillespie, Manquillo

New contract: Lascelles (2 years), Krafth (1 year), Karius or Gillespie (1 year)

Attempt to get off the books by any means possible: Hayden, Hendrick, Fraser, Lewis

Sell if a decent offer comes in: Miggy, Murphy, Longstaff, Targett

Sign: Hall, Phillips (if been here on loan and fee is reasonable), go big on a RW and a CB.

Loan: Young and promising striker, go big on Wilson replacement in 2025.

Edited by NSG

I'm in the no point and keep it for tge summer camp. Not arsed about any further results, just get the young players blooded and up to speed, and start getting some of the fringe out the club ready to invest in the summer. 

26 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Gotten very negative all of a sudden. Thought there’d be more activity, especially when we need bodies now.

No money, we have first team players coming back soon, and it's not like we're the only club not doing any business - I just don't think there is much business out there to do.

7 minutes ago, HawK said:

Phillips loan-to-buy obligation if we're lucky, if not, no-one imo.

Yeah, I think you’re spot on tbh.  I doubt there’s very much wriggle-room FFP-wise, and loads of players are due to come back from injury.  

25 minutes ago, jack j said:

60-70 million I reckon

Yeah, something along those lines.  If any European football is happening add £10m-ish.  Plus sales.   

29 minutes ago, Nine said:

I don’t expect will we divert far from the course we had outlined even for a injury crisis, navigating FFP for the mid/long term will be a bigger priority than short term adjustments for short term gain.

Having said that, if the right deal is there for the right player we will go for it like the Gordon transfer last winter.

We won’t have £40m in FFP wriggle-room.  The club isn’t keeping its powder dry

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We won’t have £40m in FFP wriggle-room.  The club isn’t keeping its powder dry

The right deal doesn’t necessarily have to be as much as £40m though 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I think we’ll be struggling with £4m

You think we’d have cut our limit that close? I’m not convinced, however I’d doubt there’s a substantial amount there.

We’ll have kept something back for absolute emergencies at the minimum 

Edited by Nine

31 minutes ago, jack j said:

60-70 million I reckon

About £150 million.

1 minute ago, Nine said:

You think we’d have cut our limit that close? I’m not convinced, however I’d doubt there’s a substantial amount there.

We’ll have kept something back for absolute emergencies at the minimum 

I’m being facetious mate, sorry :) - though I would be very surprised if there is much more than the supposed Phillips loan fee available (c.£8m)