NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I'd say Cole. Multiple titles, the CL...even a League Cup at Blackburn.

Milner won loads of titles and Champions League too and FA Cup. It's probably a close one

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Is Milner the most successful footballer to leave us?

Or maybe Cole?

Milner of those two for me. 2 Champions Leagues, won things at 2 clubs

Edited by Kid Icarus

Jon Dahl probably worth a shout? A Champions League and a UEFA cup, joint top international goalscorer for his country, titles and cups in Holland, Italy, Spain etc

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Also not to the same extent but Milner having the game of his life against Coventry when Martin O'Neill was in the crowd and for him to join Villa against Keegan's wishes and to have such a long, illustrious career was a hard one to take

I got a photo with Ashley in the pie queue at the Ricoh arena that night. Immediately plummeted in kudos by the time I woke up the following morning. 

I’m still sore about Waddle to Spurs myself. Beardsley to Liverpool was also a big bummer. 

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

I find it highly unlikely we are spending 80m euro on a defender tbh, the fee is so high you can’t resell, it’s a massive gamble signing such a young player for so much. 

It would require such incredible conviction to do so, I know our FFP situation is due to improve shortly but even then I can’t see it. 

Personally can’t see it either. We don’t have 8m euro to spend (FFP) so it’s a non starter. Unless we sell players.

I beg your pardon, but you are perfectly all aware that this is a thread for transfer rumours. Not past players. Could you kindly leave unless you have some news that is relevant? Thank you. 

Awaits a volume of fuckoffery to follow :bluestar:

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Also not to the same extent but Milner having the game of his life against Coventry when Martin O'Neill was in the crowd and for him to join Villa against Keegan's wishes and to have such a long, illustrious career was a hard one to take

God almighty I remember that really stinging at the time

23 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

God almighty I remember that really stinging at the time

There were quite a few on here who didn't rate him, I remember saying for someone who struck the ball so well he should be scoring a lot more goals.

Turns out he was too good for us, surrounded by shite we just made him look worse.

37 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Surely most players who have left Newcastle have been better off sportingly?

Most of the Ashley-era players who got their big moves flopped big time, with plenty of them now talking about their time at Newcastle with starry-eyed revisionism.

Wijnaldum was really the only one who was a success, and even one of the bigger successes on the list (Sissoko) wasn't liked by the club's fans. 

Injuries and so on obviously played a factor but the likes of Carroll, Enrique, Ba, Cabaye, Remy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Debuchy all flopped. Ironically the scapegoat (Simpson) and the waster (Thauvin) from that era went on to have more success than most. 

Edited by Kid Icarus