NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Why would anyone make that up anyway? Even if it's not confirmed there must be good reason to put that out there in the first place.

Because it’s Twitter and he'll probably release another one tomorrow with Joelinton expected back in three weeks? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Looks like he's ESPN's correspondent for Brazil, so probably knows more than the North East journos who are still hoping Joelinton makes the City game.

I mean I could go and tweet that I’m having a threesome with Karen Gillan and Gillian Anderson tonight. It sadly doesn’t mean there’s any truth to it.

Basically I’m just saying I’d wait until there’s multiple sources with a better track record of getting things right in relation to Newcastle, before I shat the bed (Preferably with Karen Gillan and Gillian Anderson in it). Also known as wait for the harbinger of doom Craig Mope to confirm it first.

Edited by Ghandis Flip-Flop

22 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Fuck City like. Financially doped

or years, tonnes of charges against them.

Phillips career in tatters like.

He'll definitely go somewhere by the end of the transfer window, just not here 

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I agree with Phillips not making sense as a transfer if Man City are insisting on an obligation. Mind, we're a Bruno injury away from the season being a total write off if it isn't one already. Peak that he's 2 cards away from 2 consecutive defeats for us a 2 game ban anyway.

Just one more yellow for a suspension for him isn't it?

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Maybe a case of short term pain for long term gain regarding this window ?

I imagine this it the thinking. Anything that would have been spent in Jan goes to Summer window, where we already have more leeway, along with the funds from any player sales. Think this Summer could end up being a big one. 

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

I mean, 6 weeks minimum seemed like it’s nailed on that it’s going to be a good few weeks longer than that. Our return dates have been miles off all season. 

Even if that article is horse shit. Realistically, how many games do people expect him to play this season? 10 at most, I reckon.

So we will still have a good chunk of games with next to no options for the midfield or possibly even only two centre mids available for three positions.  

I did my quad November 30th. I tried playing Saturday gone. Instantly went again. First kick of the ball.

Now I’m not leet or pro. But if it’s taken me 6 weeks and it went instant im

sure it’s the same for Joelinton.

I reckon this bad news could in fact be true.

I honestly don’t think we have any play to buy anyone. FFP has sorted that out.

The news for Everton and Notts Forrest and the timing of it adds fuel to that aswell.

Its a big ass reminder that the PL are giving deductions.

How the hell can Cheslea get away with it then?

1 minute ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

I honestly don’t think we have any play to buy anyone. FFP has sorted that out.

The news for Everton and Notts Forrest and the timing of it adds fuel to that aswell.

Its a big ass reminder that the PL are giving deductions.

How the hell can Cheslea get away with it then?

That SSN guy said Chelsea have spent £1 billion but got £500 million back 

27 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can you blame us ?

With Tonali and Joelinton (allegedly) out for the season yes.

I can understand the long term over short term view, but if they are expecting to reach Europe with a threadbare squad I think that's not realistic.

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

That SSN guy said Chelsea have spent £1 billion but got £500 million back 

And they probably did because they had about 30players out on loan. Paying for itself and then making a massive profit on player sales.

They have been able to manipulate FFP due to having these players all out on loan. At one point they had over 30 players out on loan. With sizeable loan fees and wages being paid by the loanee clubs.

Chelsea basically doped football.

41 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Maybe a case of short term pain for long term gain regarding this window ?

I dont know. If the rest of the season is a total whiplash it might damage us also. Think its an unnecessary gamble.

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

With Tonali and Joelinton (allegedly) out for the season yes.

I can understand the long term over short term view, but if they are expecting to reach Europe with a threadbare squad I think that's not realistic.

But would you pay 40 million for Phillips ? Baring in mind he has hardly played and city themselves paid 42 million for him. Also got to remember we have already committed to paying 35 million for Hall. If we then where obligated to pay 40 for Phillips that’s 75 million gone from the summer budget.

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

I dont know. If the rest of the season is a total whiplash it might damage us also. Think its an unnecessary gamble.

I’m only referring to not spending 40 million on Phillips btw, I think we can bring someone else in worth the value.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m only referring to not spending 40 million on Phillips btw, I think we can bring someone else in worth the value.

Ah sorry. If the Joelinton injury is true we really cant do nothing this window was my point.