NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Straight shoot-out with Madueke isn't it? You'd think he'll probably oust him no bother, not that I don't rate Madueke.

Thought Palmer played RWF for them also? Or is he deeper?

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Thought Palmer played RWF for them also? Or is he deeper?

He has played there a fair bit but once their team was settled he was CAM, with Madueke on the right. Who knows what the new manager will do but you'd assume they'd build around him (Palmer).

Tbf he could be guaranteed a maximum of six starts, he'd still go to Chelsea. It's a vile club to most of us but probably as desirable as it gets to a young footballer. Hence why they've got about four million of them.

Chelsea tried to get him last summer I think and they activated his release clause for him then to sign a new deal. So he might not want to go there but bayern is a different kettle of fish altogether. 

Good to see the club haven’t just not bothered what’s the point just because Chewsee are in for him. Kid knocked them back once already. It’s possible. What an exciting prospect. At least we know we can spend decent on RW! 

Guessing Bayern Munich have the advantage as the release clause is tied to that competition and they will be the only ones in it of the teams mentioned so far. Lucks in for Palace as I’d imagine there’d be quite a bidding war for his services.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

He's waiting for our bid. Guaranteed starter at us. 

Reckon you'll be in for him? I heard he was a boyhood Man U fan and you can offer him a prestigious club, immediate European football, big wages and a clear starting spot in his favoured position. I'd be in on that if I was Man U.

I imagine it's very unlkely we'll get him but a boy can dream.

47 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

He's rejected CFC before, right? I'm pinning my dreams on that.

Why do you guys do this to yourselves? :lol:

29 minutes ago, Checko said:

Reckon you'll be in for him? I heard he was a boyhood Man U fan and you can offer him a prestigious batshit mental club, immediate European football, big wages and a clear starting spot in his favoured position. I'd be in on that if I was Man U.

I imagine it's very unlkely we'll get him but a boy can dream.

Don't forget the massive waterfall. How many other clubs can offer a player free use of a massive waterfall as part of their sales pitch ?

None. That's how many.

Edited by bobbydazzla

3 hours ago, STM said:

Minteh is nothing more than a potentially good player at this point and while that's great, "potentially good" isn't necessarily going to get us back into the champions league.

While you can all sit here and say Minteh is 100% better than Miggy or Murphy, the reality is that there is no real substance behind that claim.

Of course from a pure technical perspective, he looks the part but we are all grown ups here right? Football is about way more than just someone's technical skill level. We've seen countless talents fail to make the grade because their attitude or application is poor.  I'm not saying for a second this applies to Minteh... I doubt even Howe truly knows.

What is truly known, is that we need money from player trading and if we get someone come knocking with significant money, you can't blame the club in seeing the value in selling.

If you were in their position and you KNEW that 25m for Minteh would finance two key signings... say a CB and a more established RW, are you saying you wouldn't do the deal?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, I've no idea about how good he is or can be but then I'm not the one who's neck is on the line if I make the incorrect call.

I’d already been fairly confident Minteh is better than Almiron. 

Makes sense to me. If Chelsea get Olise, we get Madueke. Yes he's the poorer end of that bargain, but he's a cracking player and would probably cost 40/45m as opposed to 60.

Before people get all misty eyed over Olise, don't allow that to make you think Madueke isn't a really good player. A bit raw perhaps, but really good.