NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, Vaj said:

Gone from apparently wanting Mamardashvilli, Tosin, Kelly and Olise to possibly getting Trafford, Kelly and DCL with a talented youngster potentially leaving. Not the most exciting starts to the window and selling Minteh without even taking a look at him feels like a potentially huge mistake. 

It's why I refuse to get over-excited about those sort of links in the first place. I'm sure we'd love to make those sort of signings, we just aren't in a position to make them until we are at a financial par with the cartel clubs.

Like Anderson. Like others would take him over Longstaff. He's definitely competent which sometimes carries local lads more than it would anyone else and if were passed him as ever being a starter, especially in the BS FFP era, probably makes sense.

Not bothered one way or the other on this one. Would be happy to keep Anderson and not bother with Killman and trust the club if otherwise.

Edited by Jonas

3 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

The Eddie Howe's Brexit army narrative one is mainly just a convenient stick for the people who wish we would exclusively sign European wonder kids they've never actually seen play. 

Clearly Brexit Eddie prefers players with PL experience. Quite a lot of the time, they’re from the UK. It doesn’t matter either way as long as he keeps improving the team.

20 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Clearly Brexit Eddie prefers players with PL experience. Quite a lot of the time, they’re from the UK. It doesn’t matter either way as long as he keeps improving the team.

"Clearly" 😂😂😂😂

Deluded these clowns like. 

Maybe we have seen that the "squad" is a bigger issue then the starting 11.

I know the answer we want is to bring in a stronger 11 and the purples to happily  drop down to be  squad players.  But in reality that does not happen without a few bumps in the road.

Anyway let's not worry about ifs and maybes until these rumours actually land

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

Reading through all that was pretty funny. 

My take on it is this:

DCL - is better than a lot of people on here seem to think, he's 100% I'm the mix with Watkins and Toney when in a good team and fully fit, he's also an absolute monster in the air. 

Swap deals - make it sound like not much cash is passed between clubs, which is not the case at all. They're pretty always done as separate deal. Just reported at player + cash if there's an imbalance in cost.

Minteh -  still very raw, the club would have had someone watching him closely all season. So, If they have decided he's not the 1, then so be it. 

Edited by M1tche

4 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Just got to hope that the deals we’re looking at now are squad fillers at reasonable prices to allow a marque player or two to come in after the ffp deadline is done. 

I think we've shown our intent with the effort to go for Olise.

People losing their minds over us trying to pull the same stunt as Chelsea, Villa, and Everton? Except it's not due to some morale outrage, but the deemed quality of said deals. It's indicative of the saleable assets we have. We don't have an academy pumping out prospects to trade like pokemon, so anyone with value is on the block. This is modern football, thanks to FFP. If we shift Minteh or Anderson, it frees up a wedge to reinvest, on top of whoever comes the other way.

To be honest quite like the transfer. 

Obviously his injury record is horrific. So it's a bit of a gamble. Back when he was being managed by Ancelotti he was one of the best forwards in the PL.  

14 minutes ago, dcmk said:

To be honest quite like the transfer. 

Obviously his injury record is horrific. So it's a bit of a gamble. Back when he was being managed by Ancelotti he was one of the best forwards in the PL.  

His last 7yrs he's played 32,35,36,33,17,17,33 league games. Hardly horrific.

5 minutes ago, madras said:

His last 7yrs he's played 32,35,36,33,17,17,33 league games. Hardly horrific.

I assume that’s not starts in the league? I wonder how many minutes he has played in the league per season/game in the last 3-4 years or so. Sometimes numbers look more flattering than they actually are. Even going by these numbers he missed half a season two years in a row. 

Edited by Ikon