NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Bowen has a contract until 2030, supposedly on around £120k per week. I wouldn’t surprised if the total package of transfer fee and wages went over £100m, and that’s for someone turning 28 this year. Not happening.

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

I like Bowen a lot but I just don't see him leaving London for us unless we offer crazy wages .

This.

Not sure why he’s even discussed. Just had a second bairn not that long ago to Mr West Ham’s daughter. He ain’t moving from London now unless we did something we never do and that’s to over pay on a player plus his wages.

50 minutes ago, Monkey Alan said:

or...

Bowen knows Eddie can take him up two notches and he's sick of hearing about Britain's hardest bastards three nights a week. 

Probably shouldn't have married her if that's her craic about her dad

2 hours ago, Sibierski said:

Said it other week, rather we signed Hutchinson from Chelsea then Madueke. Hutchinson looks every bit the player that’s ready for the next step. Feel he’ll have a higher ceiling long term.

Yeah hope we keep an eye on some of the prospects that have been killing it in the wankership last season. 

When West Ham signed Bowen and Palace signed Olise you knew they had found gold

10 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Tonali seemed like a bit of a bargain at the time compared to what other midfielders were going for.

Just playing devil’s advocate here but would you have said Ruben Loftus-Cheek is worth 55m? Because he’s outperformed Tonali at Milan and looks like a star in his first season there.

I think people are underestimating how poor Seria A is in comparison to the Premier League (in general).

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

If it was a straight choice between Bowen and Mbeumo who would you prefer?

Tough one. Bowen’s more of a goal threat (though Mbeumo does score, too), but several years older than Mbeumo. Bowen also the more expensive of the two. Be happy with either, because both would be upgrades.

Edited by Deuce

42 minutes ago, Nine said:

Taking the ban into consideration? Yes, but for the pedigree of the player at the time I disagree.

But there was a ban and he didn't play for an entire year. If we knew about that prior to purchase, we would have offered much less. 

23 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Just playing devil’s advocate here but would you have said Ruben Loftus-Cheek is worth 55m? Because he’s outperformed Tonali at Milan and looks like a star in his first season there.

I think people are underestimating how poor Seria A is in comparison to the Premier League (in general).

Assuming you are basing that solely on goal and ingoring they play different games. But well done, no sane person would put rlc above him on talent

28 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Italian football seems to be stuck in the previous century. Their league doesn't seem to be very multicultural, or if it is, it's not reflected in their national team. That doesn't necessarily make it poorer, but the national side isn't great at the moment, so can only imagine the Italian league isn't all that either.