NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

conspiracy theory… we got some proof of their knowledge of the Tonali’s issues and gentlemen’s agreement we won’t pursue it but they’ll  knock off a certain amount on a different transfer. 

(I don’t believe this but it does seem weird to me too)

Really not that crazy a theory

Unless Milan had some sort of Michael Clayton type character keeping tabs on all the players extra curricular activities, I just can’t see how Milan would have known. Gamblers are mostly very sly about covering their tracks.

Now Milan being extremely apologetic over what happened, yes I can believe that and I can also believe they think they owe us the conversation to be respectful in any future discussions.

We might have had some sort of legal recourse to claim compensation that we didn’t take the option on.. so yes, maybe they owe us one..  and yes maybe they are willing to entertain enquiries about players they don’t really want to sell and maybe they’ll be more fair with regards to a transfer fee, but that doesn’t come close to fraud.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Unless Milan had some sort of Michael Clayton type character keeping tabs on all the players extra curricular activities, I just can’t see how Milan would have known. Gamblers are mostly very sly about covering their tracks.

Now Milan being extremely apologetic over what happened, yes I can believe that and I can also believe they think they owe us the conversation to be respectful in any future discussions.

We might have had some sort of legal recourse to claim compensation that we didn’t take the option on.. so yes, maybe they owe us one..  and yes maybe they are willing to entertain enquiries about players they don’t really want to sell and maybe they’ll be more fair with regards to a transfer fee, but that doesn’t come close to fraud.

Just on this, the stories that came out at the time mentioned that he gambled quite openly around his team mates and even showed a couple of them an anonymous gambling website. I think there was one Italian player (can’t remember which) who snitched on Tonali being a bit of instigator

1 hour ago, Dandy Man said:

Mad how we are still seemingly keen to do business with Milan tbh

Not really. The onus is on the club to make sure they look into the players history more thoroughly.

If Leao, Theo Hernandez or Tomori decide they want to come to Newcastle, you really think it makes sense to not bother because of the Tonali deal?

Would make no sense.

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

Not really. The onus is on the club to make sure they look into the players history more thoroughly.

If Leao, Theo Hernandez or Tomori decide they want to come to Newcastle, you really think it makes sense to not bother because of the Tonali deal?

Would make no sense.

Not sure how we could've known about the Tonali situation without some extremely invasive data gathering, Milan on the other hand quite likely knew about it and chose to cash in, all hypotheticals anyway

8 hours ago, KaKa said:

Would make no sense.

What like ? Demand he hand over all phones etc for a forensic search ny an expert and then you'd have to believe he was being truthful, which for an issue like that he probably wouldn't be.

I'd guess it would be so easy to hide something like that and it only comes out when somebody grasses.

1 hour ago, Dandy Man said:

Not sure how we could've known about the Tonali situation without some extremely invasive data gathering, Milan on the other hand quite likely knew about it and chose to cash in, all hypotheticals anyway

Cash out surely…? 

11 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Was it Penn something? Then he got rumbled, deleted his account and made a new one with the name IMTTS. Someone realised the second account stood for ‘is mightier than the sword”, once he got found out that second time I think he just quit all together.

This was me :D

Wasn't it Edwards though, not Ryder?

34 minutes ago, Stal said:

This was me :D

Wasn't it Edwards though, not Ryder?

That was outstanding work assuming it was right. I remember laughing out loud when that came in, but hadn't remembered who had said it

Thiaw was really good the season before but he’s looked very shaky since his return from injury. Great timing to try and get him when his stock is so low; still young and has all the attributes to grow into a quality PL centre-back imo.