NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I don’t think that FourFourTwo video proves much of anything unless they did the detailed math behind the scenes and then used rough math to explain it. What they show cuts a lot of corners. 

Also, one thing that provides flexibility (and uncertainty) is investments in the academy, women’s football, and other things that provide an adjustment. In theory you could be £10m past the limit and then get under the limit with that approach.

FFP calculations are pretty much a crap shoot. All we've got is the accounts from the season before last (21/22) plus estimates of transfer fees, wages, sponsorship etc. For the latest three-year cycle this summer will impact, we only have the financials for one year. Plus, how much a transfer impacts our FFP budget depends on both the length of the players contract and how much he's getting paid so there's more variables there. Obviously there are certain figures we know eg. PL/TV income and we can project CL income for this coming season but I think anyone claiming to be able to calculate what our spending power is this summer with any real accuracy is just wrong.

I could be wrong but UEFA’s new squad cost control calculation seems most stringent to me and potentially problematic since we most recently had the highest wage : revenue ratio in the PL.

18 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Bear in mind we signed Tonali before the Sela sponsorship was even approved, so you'd think we still have that money to spend at the very least. 

We are professionally run now, 100% certain our directors knew it would be approved and it’s not some surprise bonus money to use.

38 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Bear in mind we signed Tonali before the Sela sponsorship was even approved, so you'd think we still have that money to spend at the very least. 

Howe said any sponsorship money won’t really benefit him this summer 

6 minutes ago, Exiled in Texas said:

The lack of a training gear sponsor is a glaring omission, and is making me think we have one lined but are waiting to get our next target confirmed before we announce them. 
Keep the extra money a surprise until needed 

I hope so, would be quite shocking to not have one. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Daily Mail saying Diaby will cost £51 million.

Basically would be Maxi out -> Diaby in at that price and use someone already on the books to cover the LHS.