Tino Livramento

Yorkie

10 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Dear Ottoman, I humbly say, I'm sorry if my words did betray.

In jest or folly, I've caused you pain, I seek forgiveness, like springtime rain.

Your transfer knowledge, I now perceive,

And in my thoughts, I will believe

The Frimpong you shared, the guidance bright, A treasure found in darkest night.

With open arms I offer this plea,

Lavrimento’s not for NUFC.

I read your poem with open ears

and yes you’re right, I have no fears

It wasn't the most nuanced set of opening posts, but there's no need to pile on @Ottoman IMO. Pretty sure as soon as the season kicks off and the team is in action, those kinds of transfer thoughts will fade into the background for everyone. 

I'm already mostly over Szoboszlai and I was pretty set on the idea of him signing, you have to let these things play themselves out :dontknow:

I didn't think much of Ottoman's posts at first but he's right.

Go back and read them again but CAREFULLY this time.

Really think about the words.

They're excellent posts IMO.

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

I didn't think much of Ottoman's posts at first but he's right.

Go back and read them again but CAREFULLY this time.

Really think about the words.

They're excellent posts IMO.

Ah shit I thought we had to count the letter and decode from there. Well that's cost me a shed load but at least the team get to see their families tonight.

23 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Abstract

Popular music is a key cultural expression that has captured listeners' attention for ages. Many of the structural regularities underlying musical discourse are yet to be discovered and, accordingly, their historical evolution remains formally unknown. Here we unveil a number of patterns and metrics characterizing the generic usage of primary musical facets such as pitch, timbre and loudness in contemporary western popular music. Many of these patterns and metrics have been consistently stable for a period of more than fifty years...

Beyond the specific outcomes discussed above, we now focus on the evolution of musical discourse. Much of the gathered evidence points towards an important degree of conventionalism, in the sense of blockage or no-evolution, in the creation and production of contemporary western popular music.  

This doesn't focus nearly as much on what is occurring in some other music genres not listed, but is overall looking at general patterns of western music in pop, rap, country, and metal. And since it was done in 2012, it obviously hasn't picked up on some new interesting patterns. This is an exception, but IDLES are very popular, but utilize a lot of chords and tones that are absolutely discordant and wouldn't exactly fit in. Saharan blues, as an example of a hybrid genre of western and sahel music, has only really been around since the early 90's, but has gained serious steam in invention in the last 10-15 years.

Other studies have suggested that many if not most people get locked into the music that they listened to in high school, and arrogantly complain about all modern music being shit. Your initial statement about "dipshits" appears to lodge you in this camp. Especially now, we have access to so much music that even if the study is pretty sound (which I have no reason to think otherwise), there are more than enough exceptions to this even in contemporary western music.

and finally it might be more accurate to look within smaller fragments of time. What you’ll likely find is that there are years of repetition in between quick spurts of invention. We’ve been stuck in the 4:4 pattern paradigm in the west for the most part for 100’s of years. Nothing wrong with it, but our minds are wired to find it pleasing. 

When people say "music sounds the same" they mean the shit on radio 1 and similar radio stations or adverts.

Thanks for the essay tho.

16 minutes ago, Mountain said:

When people say "music sounds the same" they mean the shit on radio 1 and similar radio stations or adverts.

You’re welcome.  And maybe you’ll reconsider calling people dipshits for relating to certain music that you don’t approve of though. 

But I stand by highlight videos having objectively dog shit music :)

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

1 hour ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Not seen Kaka posting much recently then this melt shows up...hmmmmmm

Spot the “you guys” in the post and it’ll no doubt match up…

20 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

You’re welcome.  And maybe you’ll reconsider calling people dipshits for relating to certain music that you don’t approve of though. 

But I stand by highlight videos having objectively dog shit music :)

I wish you good fortune my friend.

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

Just thought I’d demonstrate my own blatant hypocrisy with my constant complaining about highlight video music.

You're right. Nobody is the true arbiter of anything, me included, I respect your viewpoints.

17 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Just thought I’d demonstrate my own blatant hypocrisy with my constant complaining about highlight video music.

Nothing wrong with Happy Hardcore 600bpm which sounds likes it’s been tape recorded from an overmodulated radio.  It’s the most appropriate backing for a ‘Welcome to Rushden & Diamonds reserves’ video

Edited by TheBrownBottle

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Nothing wrong with Happy Hardcore 600bpm which sounds likes it’s been tape recorded from an overmodulated radio.  It’s the most appropriate backing for a ‘Welcome to Rushden & Diamonds reserves’ video

I think the iMovie transitions irritate me almost as much as the, ahem, counterintuitive music choices.

6 hours ago, Mountain said:

He literally copy/pasted the link you posted.  Did you read it?