Harvey Barnes

khay

I don’t mind him whatsoever and actually think he’s a decent player. Will score a few over a season.

The signing and cost of it still makes no sense to me, especially since he’s pretty limited to the left-hand side.

2 hours ago, buzza said:

Quite impressive photoshop abilities on display here!:2funny:

Learnt everything I needed to know about photoshop from a self-facilitating media node who was my mentor when I interned at Trashbat.co.ck in the early 00’s

19 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Barnes is going to make a lot of people eat their words.

Like alphabet spaghetti? I love barnes and glad we bought him - he had a spell pre season before last and the start of the season where he really clicked with Wilson and if / when Wilson returns I think he may do it again. May even do it with new striker, who knows

Apparently wasn't happy he didn't start on Saturday having been around and playing throughout pre season.

Can't lie, I was surprised about it too, with Gordon going straight in having come back later, after the Euros.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Apparently wasn't happy he didn't start on Saturday having been around and playing throughout pre season.

Can't lie, I was surprised about it too, with Gordon going straight in having come back later, after the Euros.

I think he may start on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

What’s the source for this ?

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Craig Hope stirring the shit again.

Is he completely unable to play on the right at all then? I mean Howe literally stated in the previous pre season that he can play right or left even tho preferred position is LW

Edited by ExiledGeordie

He's too good to not be starting in the Premier League, let's be honest. I'm just not sure what he thought was going to happen when he signed, with us already having Anthony Gordon in the squad. Did he just think AG was going to disappear [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Also, players coming out with this shit a week or so before the end of the transfer window never sits well with me. It's a threat if I've ever seen one.

He hasn’t come out with anything though has he? It’s just Craig Hope doing what Craig Hope does.

Who knows, just going off what I've read on here. I'd understand if he wasn't happy but you'd have to question his expectations upon arriving at the club.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

I can see why he'd be pissed off if he was fully fit, given Gordon (by all accounts) wasn't. 

But it's a non-story. Standard tabloid behaviour. 

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Who knows, just going off what I've read on here. I'd understand if he wasn't happy but you've got to question his expectations upon arriving at the club.

I really do wonder about what his expectations were too.

It will all be easier to manage once we get back into Europe, and have a good batch of games every week, and so we really need to do that this season.

I bet even Howe et al weren't expecting Gordon to progress at the rate he did. Plus we had four competitions to compete in instead of three last season, so the expectation is that he'll have played more than plenty. He started the game (with Gordon on the bench) when he got that shit injury. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I really do wonder about what his expectations were too.

It will all be easier to manage once we get back into Europe, and have a good batch of games every week, and so we really need to do that this season.

I just hope he wasn't mis-sold anything as that would leave a bad taste and I don't think we can afford that perception like some other clubs can.

Odd if true. He’s inferior to Gordon in every capacity. Can’t play RW. What did he expect? 

It was an odd signing from us really. I still don’t really see much logic to it unless they were banking on Europe for rotation. 

43 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Better get used to it this season. Going to be on bench far more than starting. Wouldn't be shocked if I'm honest, he wants out as season goes on, especially if he has England ambitions. Never going to get into England squad when you can't get in over Gordon to show ability.