Harvey Barnes

khay

41 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Of course im not ya dafty. :lol:

Should kept this going LV but youre too canny a poster

:lol:

Well and truly wooshed 

Yey, over the line! Speaks well in that vid and sounds a good lad.

Quick bit of maths, but league winner in past seven seasons (i.e., not Leicester) has averaged 92 goals. Second place has averaged 85. This is the new normal for the Pep-Klopp era. We scored 68 last season, which was great and the same as Leicester when they won it, but the new normal now applies and for the next step up, we need more goals. Goals to help us win games and not draw them.

I see Tonali for Longstaff and Barnes for Maxi as a solid step toward getting those goals.

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

holy overpay

PIF OUT

Anything less than 50 million is a bargain for a player of his experience and quality. It sounds crazy, but that is the new norm. 

Can't say I've seen much of him play, but he seems buzzing to be here and his stats suggest a more than capable player. Got a lot of strength on the wings now which is great. Wonder if Howe is thinking Gordon can cover on the right too when needed? 

Bring in an improvement on LB and I'd be happy with this window (I love Burn, but we need cover there anyway so we might as well improve).

8 minutes ago, RS said:

John, Alan and now Harvey. The Barnes trilogy is complete. 

We need a tribute “barnes door” with these photos and plaques on, put it on the training ground so willock and longstaff can use it for shooting practice.

Quote from the foxes board…

find this to be a rather sad transfer. Kante and Mahrez, great players but we were only ever stepping stones for them. Tielemans checked out mentally from Leicester years ago. Maddison a great player but it's all about brand Maddison. Harvey Barnes came from the academy, did multiple loan spells, then forced his way into the first team and stayed there. Never complained, never pined for a move away, just got his head down and got on with it. He's someone I thought would be with us for 10+ years and leave as legend with over 100 goals scored for the club. Would we have sold him if we weren't relegated? I don't think so. It's a sad reflection of bad decisions and performances on the pitch.

I think it says it all that whilst Maddison and Tielemans were the ones that wanted Champions League moves, the one that never kicked up a fuss is the one that will actually play in it. How's it going for Wesley Fofana, another one who couldn't wait to leave? Perhaps there's a lesson there to be learned for all prospective new signings

Edited by Gawalls

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

He's either wearing Maxi's clobber, or they're just waiting for Maxi to be officially gone before giving him #10. Reckon the latter, tbh.

I hope so. Would bury Pizza Rob

16 minutes ago, Rich said:

He's either wearing Maxi's clobber, or they're just waiting for Maxi to be officially gone before giving him #10. Reckon the latter, tbh.

Does anyone know who the bloke is far left? I feel like I know him but I can’t place who he is.