Lewis Hall

Paully

It must be a hard TO sell the dream to the young academy players.

When they know the chance of first team football is very slim.

Apparently they pay the top youngsters well.And maybe

that's the reason they sign for Chelsea

But surely they are holding them back if they are not getting any game time.

Think any hole, FFP fine may have been slowly creeping up on them for a number of years. Remember Conte wanting funds that were never there, then they had an Embargo - Hazard sale probably helped plug a gap. 

All well and good being able to sell Tammy Abraham for £40M and pocket the academy bonus on the FFP, but if you're then spending £110M on Lukaku on however many tens of millions contractually - you are going to come to a wall down the line. Guehi, Tomori sold, Christensen and Rudiger leave on a free, replaced by 40year old Thiago Silva on decent wages, Koulibaly £30M, Badiashile £40M, Fofana £80M, Diassi £30M. They let Gilmour leave to Brighton for £8M, but buy in Chukwumane in for £18M same window.

Edited by Hot Since 1882

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Gone from ‘in the mud’ to ‘god tier’ alongside Ornstein.

Regarding Hall he's gone from Out of Touch to No Can Do no wrong

Edited by joeyt

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Casey/Burnsie really haven't taken there being actual ITK account out there well. They need to be able to peddle their own bullshit without being made to look (more) stupid by someone who clearly has actual contacts. 

Edited by sushimonster85

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Casey/Burnsie really haven't taken there being actual ITK account out there well. They need to be able to peddle their own bullshit without being made to look (more) stupid by someone who clearly has actual contacts. 

In fairness to Casey he has never pretended to be an ITK as far as I’m aware. Certainly said as much on a podcast he was on. Just pulls information he finds or friends pass on and makes calculated predictions. He’s never claimed to have a special source of information ?‍♂️ 

Afternoon all, here’s a short video detailing everything you need to know about teenage loanee Lewis Hall in 2 minutes for those interested. I’m amazed Chelsea aren’t giving him a crack at the first team (because truth be told, he’s miles ahead of Cucurella already) but their loss is Newcastle’s gain. As always, feel free to ask me any questions you may have, and enjoy what remains of your week!

PS: I made this when he was Palace bound but it remains just as relevant now that he’s headed to Newcastle.

This is another example of our club being well-aligned. We had clearly identified Hall as a possibility one way or the other and have seemingly played it very well to get this opportunity. From the boardroom perspective, a young English player who can grow with the club and who helps us with UEFA roster requirements is hugely important. And on the pitch, he seems to fit the mold of our type of player perfectly - we value versatility (virtually all of our players can play in multiple positions), we value energy, and we value technical ability. Youth and nationality are bonuses. There aren't many players who can tick all those boxes so we are jumping when we can sign someone who does. 

I love to see signings that are well thought-out. All of ours seem to be. It's jarring compared with the old days.

Just now, Memphis said:

This is another example of our club being well-aligned. We had clearly identified Hall as a possibility one way or the other and have seemingly played it very well to get this opportunity. From the boardroom perspective, a young English player who can grow with the club and who helps us with UEFA roster requirements is hugely important. And on the pitch, he seems to fit the mold of our type of player perfectly - we value versatility (virtually all of our players can play in multiple positions), we value energy, and we value technical ability. Youth and nationality are bonuses. There aren't many players who can tick all those boxes so we are jumping when we can sign someone who does. 

I love to see signings that are well thought-out. All of ours seem to be. It's jarring compared with the old days.

Everything about our transfers is well thought and in multiple directions. The old regime would focus on players out of contract, favours to agents or ones with clauses over whether the player was even a good need/fit for us.

13 minutes ago, LFEE said:

In fairness to Casey he has never pretended to be an ITK as far as I’m aware. Certainly said as much on a podcast he was on. Just pulls information he finds or friends pass on and makes calculated predictions. He’s never claimed to have a special source of information ?‍♂️ 

It's the way he comes across. He constantly tweets "as I said" to give himself a pat on the shoulder. Even Rob has started doing it. 

If you've got inside info then you will definitely get noticed and get credit but absolutely no need to come across as "look at me look at me" as you end up just looking like a dick. 

Then you get Burnsie who just retweets himself everytime and confirms that he's a complete headcase desperate to stay relevant [emoji38]

34 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

It must be a hard TO sell the dream to the young academy players.

When they know the chance of first team football is very slim.

Apparently they pay the top youngsters well.And maybe

that's the reason they sign for Chelsea

But surely they are holding them back if they are not getting any game time.

Not really. The top Europe leagues are littered with Chelsea and City graduates.

You might never play for their first team but statistically your much more likely to end up with a career at the more profitable end of English/European football.

The few that end up really near the first team are usually pretty top draw but aside from them it’s book balancing scheme. 

4 minutes ago, Memphis said:

He ticks all those boxes but you did miss quite an important one: He's a Newcastle fan which probably played a big part in this move going through. :pow:

4 minutes ago, hakka said:

Everything about our transfers is well thought and in multiple directions. The old regime would focus on players out of contract, favours to agents or ones with clauses over whether the player was even a good need/fit for us.

Spot on there. Finally it feels like we are buying players we actually need in the positions we are short. Not just players who are at the end of their contracts so let's grab a bargain a la Hendrick and Colback.