Lewis Hall

Paully

13 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Thought this has been best compilation I've seen of him. He's defiantly seems very comfortable playing forward in those midfield positions as well as wide. 

Wouldn't be surprised Howe/Ashworth have identified him as someone that can play that hybrid free-role full back we've seen Pep use with Rico Lewis and Cancelo. Would certainly make our set-up much more fluid if we ever wanted to play a that hybrid style 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 3-2-5 with Trippier-Botman-Burn, then Hall being that wingback that overloads into inside attacking areas.

This was my thought when I saw a comp.  

People seem to forget that Krafth was brilliant for us when Trips got injured. Staying up 21/22 was a miracle and he was huge part of it. For me he was How'd on Miggy or Muprhy -level. Krafth :thup:

Edited by soyt

I saw him start for Chelsea last season, he was their best player. There were memes after the game about how they've spent 600m and then an 18yo is their best player. It was one of the last games of the season, can't remember which one. He looked better than Burn, but that was just 1 game though

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

This. People forget that there’s a human being behind the stats, social media bollocks and all the rest of it. These lads aren’t coding on fifa or pieces of fucking Lego. No need. 

Shit patter, regardless. Mightve been witty in his head but shows how easy it is for a fan base to turn into w*nkers. File along with "we're a Champions league team now" 

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I saw him start for Chelsea last season, he was their best player. There were memes after the game about how they've spent 600m and then an 18yo is their best player. It was one of the last games of the season, can't remember which one. He looked better than Burn, but that was just 1 game though

Looked their best player by some distance at the Etihad, was impressive, although the effort of most of the Chelsea side that day was questionable.

Livramento and Hall are virtually the same in terms of what they offer , Livramento maybe a little more pace 

Hall maybe better in terms of having a wand of a left foot (in comparison to Livramentos right) 

both love a tackle and both love a dribble

fantastic signings and both offer plenty in terms of attacking qualities 

Just now, Kimbo said:

I’ve seen Chelsea fans saying he’s more of a midfielder that’s been filling in at LB, I wonder if that’s how we see him. I still like the Juan Miranda link.

I imagine we'll have spoken to the player about his position and where he expects to play when he joins the club so that's not a worry for me. The fact he's clearly a versatile player is probably one of the reasons we're willing to pay what we are. 

Also, he's only 18, even if he's mainly played CM, if the player is willing it wouldn't be hard to mould him into a LB. Only got to look at Joelinton to see how a change of positon can do wonders for a player. 

Catching up on what Chelsea fans are saying on Shed End... 

"Indeed, but if the cost of buying Marc Cucurella for £60m is selling Lewis Hall for £30m then I repeat - "what the f**k"??"

"If it’s true it’s a stupid strange decision. We are selling one of our best young talents , but signing Lavia for double that and we don’t actually need him . Honestly bad idea"

"We need a sell on clause and a buyback clause 

for Saudis we should raise the price to 50 million pounds. Give him a 5 year contract and you can pay in 5 instalments of 10 million 

Otherwise go f**k yourself 

it's absurd what they are doing in the Saudi league

the same people who fund that are the owners of Newcastle"

Someone on there mentioned playing CL football here this season vs. new deal signed and being loaned out to Palace - hadn't actually crossed my mind that us in the CL could be huge draw for him... 

CL football this season, family is Newcastle fans, going to be signing comparative sized contract anyway, and not 4th choice LB - add that all up we are a much bigger draw than Chelsea - which sounds lovely to say!!

Edited by Hot Since 1882

Never get the Manquillo abuse. Sure, he's not prime Cafu, but he's been dependable and a decent squad option, filling in at left and right fullback.
Steady if unspectacular.
We are heading to levels that are possibly beyond him but he's done ok and never complained or been a bad apple.

3 minutes ago, vicente_14 said:

Never get the Manquillo abuse. Sure, he's not prime Cafu, but he's been dependable and a decent squad option, filling in at left and right fullback.
Steady if unspectacular.
We are heading to levels that are possibly beyond him but he's done ok and never complained or been a bad apple.

Same and Krafth was looking really good before his injury.

8 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

for Saudis we should raise the price to 50 million pounds. Give him a 5 year contract and you can pay in 5 instalments of 10 million 

Love this coming from a Chelsea fan, much reflection, such insight. 

Edited by High Five o

21 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Yeah, recall the same. Seemed the stand-out player for them in the clusterfuck that was Lampard. Watched the Man City Chelsea game he played in... remember being excited to watch both him and Lewis and see how they compared, and was Chelsea's best player. 

May have only handful of 1st team appearances but last season played against Man City in all four of their games, us twice, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U

15 minutes ago, High Five o said:

Love this coming from a Chelsea fan, much reflection, such insight. 

Its just the same as other fanbases living in their own world. Liverpool ranting about us being the big money problem when they are entering Chelsea in a bidding war with inflated fees. Taking the Saudi money themself and complaining we are the problem. Manu fans refusing to give Howe praise because we had Isak coming off the bench one time. In the same sentence giving Ten Hag prasie and then he put Anthony on. Chelsea getting their FFP in shape because of the Saudis. Its just a mad stupid football world we are living in.

56 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Thought this has been best compilation I've seen of him. He's defiantly seems very comfortable playing forward in those midfield positions as well as wide. 

Wouldn't be surprised Howe/Ashworth have identified him as someone that can play that hybrid free-role full back we've seen Pep use with Rico Lewis and Cancelo. Would certainly make our set-up much more fluid if we ever wanted to play a that hybrid style 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 3-2-5 with Trippier-Botman-Burn, then Hall being that wingback that overloads into inside attacking areas.

Whoever chose that music needs putting down 

39 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Catching up on what Chelsea fans are saying on Shed End... 

Yeah its terrible when a rich dodgy links overseas owner buys a club and your club has a competitor isn't it Chelsea fans?

Incidentally this is our first Champions League qualification since 2003 when we were becoming a mainstay (behind only Man United and Arsenal) but unfortunately finished 5th in 2004. On a totally unrelated note that was the year Abramovich rocked up.

Edited by Wolfcastle