Lewis Hall

Paully

3 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Pizza Rob seems to think he’s going back to Chelsea and won’t trigger the transfer due to not making appearance clause. 

2 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Honestly, I hope he does go back. 28 mill is too much for a left back that isn’t proven and isn’t getting minutes. 

I wholeheartedly disagree. 

He’ll come good and be excellent for us

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Not like Pizza Rob to be wrong 

He got loads right early doors, but he's become pretty hit and miss.

Whiffs of previously having a source who he's either lost or isn't providing enough information to satisfy his need for attention so he's padding it out with other nonsense.

Aye, I don't believe him on this one. Primarily because at the time of his signing it was suggested the trigger to finalise the transfer was super minimal. He's made over a dozen appearances - if it was appearance based I'm certain he would have triggered it. The loan was only an FFP delay.

We should do more of those btw. Spurs pushed back signing Kulu and Bentancur like 18 months.

The one thing I didn't get was when Chelsea waived the requirement for Hall not to play against them in that game.

Sounded like they were keen for the transfer to go through. I'm assuming that's for FFP reasons rather than not rating him. Or maybe, more simply, they genuinely thought it was a decent fee. I hate the way thoughts of FFP muddles everything.

Anyway, that's Chelsea's issue - I hope we decide based on purely footballing reasons I.e. whether we want him or not rather than anything else.

Some loans just don't work out for a whole load of reasons, and after a season watching him closely in training, I hope this is only Eddie's call. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

He's already backtracking. It isn't "concrete" information apparently.

He got a couple of bits bang on last summer, however since then he’s been full of rubbish for the most part imo.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He got a couple of bits bang on last summer, however since then he’s been full of rubbish for the most part imo.

Any receipts on this?

Only one I can think of is the Kalvin Phillips one who would sign on Jan 1st

It’s a really strange situation, we’ve not given him the minutes to make a judgement and Chelsea haven’t tried to recall him. I can only think he’s going to sign permanently; we’ve not progressed him for Chelsea to take advantage of, if anything his stock has gone down

Chelsea fans generally seemed unhappy with the deal. When you look at him warming up before a match he always looks happy and part of the group. 

It’s all a bit baffling.

There is so much conflicting information about this deal.

If Chelsea let him go because they needed the funds to remain within FFP, it seems very unwise of them to give us the chance to wriggle free by making it performance-related. But the more this goes on, the more likely it looks like this is what has happened.

Will we really pay £35m for a player who over the course of a season hasn't really been deemed fit to come on as a sub, let alone as a first team regular? I'm doubtful.

We could sign him at the end of the season for £35m and then loan him out, but can we really afford to pay that amount for a player who we're not using?

Obviously don’t want to harm Hall’s career in any way and Id like him to make it here because I think he looks like a quality footballer. However, if we were the reason for Chelsea falling into a FFP hellhole it would make my year 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye, I don't believe him on this one. Primarily because at the time of his signing it was suggested the trigger to finalise the transfer was super minimal. He's made over a dozen appearances - if it was appearance based I'm certain he would have triggered it. The loan was only an FFP delay.

We should do more of those btw. Spurs pushed back signing Kulu and Bentancur like 18 months.

Not that it really changes the point of your post, but at the time of his signing it was reported as a loan with obligation to buy, wasn't it? It was only once our injury situation started and he still wasn't getting a sniff that rabblerabblerabble emerged about it.

Just now, Conjo said:

Not that it really changes the point of your post, but at the time of his signing it was reported as a loan with obligation to buy, wasn't it? It was only once our injury situation started and he still wasn't getting a sniff that rabblerabblerabble emerged about it.

I remember that NUFC and CFC worded it differently in their communication?

Might remember wrong though..

2 minutes ago, High Five o said:

I remember that NUFC and CFC worded it differently in their communication?

Might remember wrong though..

Looks like you're right. Other media reported similarly to Skysports

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12945006/newcastle-transfer-news-lewis-hall-completes-move-from-chelsea-in-deal-worth-up-to-35m

Newcastle have completed the transfer of Lewis Hall from Chelsea on loan with an obligation to buy in deal worth up to £35m. 

The club will pay £28m to Chelsea on completion of the season-long loan, with potential £7m in add-ons.

The deferred payment allows Newcastle to comply with FFP restrictions this summer. Howe said last week that they would have to be creative to sign another player.

But this was directly from the club and Chelsea

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/newcastle-united-sign-lewis-hall/

Newcastle United have signed defender Lewis Hall on a season-long loan from Chelsea.

The deal includes an obligation for the Magpies to make the transfer permanent next summer based on performance-related criteria.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/hall-departs-on-loan

Lewis Hall has left Chelsea and joined Newcastle United on loan for the season, with the Magpies holding an option to make that move permanent.

Surely if you don't want to trigger a clause and sign a player that you don't really want for a lot of money the absolute last thing you do is keep naming him on the bench week after week in case you have no option but to bring him on due to injuries?

"We didn't really want to spend the 30 million but unfortunately we just have"

Think this is bullshit from Pizza Rob tbh.

10 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

If he is to stick around, hope management will give due consideration to switching him back to his natural midfield position

Unfortunately we are stacked with LCM so unlikely to get too many chances in that position in the short or medium term

23 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Surely if you don't want to trigger a clause and sign a player that you don't really want for a lot of money the absolute last thing you do is keep naming him on the bench week after week in case you have no option but to bring him on due to injuries?

"We didn't really want to spend the 30 million but unfortunately we just have"

Think this is bullshit from Pizza Rob tbh.

But a lot of these loans also have criteria to name the player in match day squads when fit. This may be the case here?