Lewis Hall

Paully

He did look a lot more defensively secure at the back end of last season so it could be a fitness thing. Feels like he does need quite a bit of protection from others, at the minute, and his ability on the ball isn't outweighing that enough.

So easy to forget how green he is in terms of professional gametime though. I'd be inclined to take him out this weekend and put him back in for the cup game. At his level of experience, lower league opposition is another good learning opportunity for him.

On 19/09/2024 at 09:42, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Who gives a fuck what Ando says? :lol:

The East & Milburn stand and Platinum club … [emoji38]

Never think you are in the majority on here [emoji38]

9 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Kelly?

he might be tall but he's not great at winning aerial duels. Burn (68.3%) and Botman (69.4%) both win many more aerial duels than Kelly (56.8%). 

Fabi ranks in the bottom 10% of CBs from the top 5 leagues for it, only winning 49% of aerial challenges. You really have to put someone dominant next to him to compensate for that.

Edited by Smal

Just now, Smal said:

he might be tall but he's not great at winning aerial duels. Burn (68.3%) and Botman (69.4%) both win many more aerial duels than Kelly (56.8%). 

Might be true, but I dont think we would be battered.

Just now, gbandit said:

Surprised Burn isn’t higher, does the stat apply to both winning the header but also us retaining possession after winning it?

Just winning the challenge. He's 98th percentile to be fair. It doesn't really get any better other than the likes of VVD. 

Just now, nufc123 said:

Might be true, but I dont think we would be battered.

Sorry, see my edit for extra context:

Fabi ranks in the bottom 10% of CBs from the top 5 leagues for it, only winning 49% of aerial challenges. You really have to put someone dominant next to him to compensate for that. 

imo of course, but I think it's probably why we haven't seen Kelly and Schar play together. We'd also have been asking for trouble if we'd been playing Guehi and Schar together too imo. 

22 minutes ago, Smal said:

Little point winning ariel duels when no-one knows where the fucker will land to win 2nd ball after a Burn header.

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

Apart from that one really wayward pass I thought he did really well when he came on

That one serious fuck up is always coming though and that’s really annoying atm.

Without it he’d be a shoe in.

Pleased to see Howe giving him some love after the game in his comments. Think if he can grow in his confidence and deliver one or two very good performances where he gets assists and keeps things quiet in defence then we’ll see him completely nail down that LB spot and never look back 

On 20/09/2024 at 11:59, Smal said:

Just winning the challenge. He's 98th percentile to be fair. It doesn't really get any better other than the likes of VVD. 

Sorry, see my edit for extra context:

imo of course, but I think it's probably why we haven't seen Kelly and Schar play together. We'd also have been asking for trouble if we'd been playing Guehi and Schar together too imo. 

Kellys also played a lot at fullback so his aerial stats would be worse if he was a pure CB. 

I agree with the Guehi/Schar combo too. Wouldn’t work. The Schar upgrade needs to be better than Fab in the air imo.  

Hall is going to be huge for us imo. Already a lot of our play is through him. 

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Kellys also played a lot at fullback so his aerial stats would be worse if he was a pure CB. 

I agree with the Guehi/Schar combo too. Wouldn’t work. The Schar upgrade needs to be better than Fab in the air imo.  

Hall is going to be huge for us imo. Already a lot of our play is through him. 

Needs to be fast, needs to be equal to or better than Burn/Botman in the air. Preferably he’s the ball carrier and you continue to develop Botman’s ball playing ability.